Niners trade Kwon Alexander to the Saints we get Kiko Alonso

49erurtaza

15 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Bye bye overpaid hypeman. A lot of 49ers questioned even signing him at the time. 

He was definitely overpaid but make no mistake about it, Kwon helped transform the defense last year into elite. His speed and coverage along with Warner were a vital part of making the Wide 9 work for us and he fit mold of the type of weakside LB needed in this scheme.

But hitting on Greenlaw made him expendable to say the least. Sure won't miss the missed tackles but I appreciate energy and athleticism he brought to the unit.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I still would have evaluated for the year. Better chance he can be a starter than Mullens and beathard

Definitely couldn't have hurt to see if there was something to be salvaged with Winston

So if the Jets do end up securing the #1 pick, at what point do we inquire about Darnold?? Especially if Lawrence does enter the draft, what are we looking at in terms of compensation if we were interested in Darnold?

Edited by 757-NINER

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Bye bye overpaid hypeman. A lot of 49ers questioned even signing him at the time. 

When we signed Kwon, Warner was coming off a decent rookie season and Greenlaw wasn't on the team yet. 

If the niners brass knew how good Warner was going to become, i wonder if we would have signed Kwon 

2 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

When we signed Kwon, Warner was coming off a decent rookie season and Greenlaw wasn't on the team yet. 

If the niners brass knew how good Warner was going to become, i wonder if we would have signed Kwon 

I think this has more to do with Greenlaw tbh. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John232 said:

I think this has more to do with Greenlaw tbh. 

Yes, agreed. Warner doesn't play the same position as Kwon 

I just read we paid him 25 million dollars for 14 games. I mean, it's not McKinnon bad, but that's bad, even though I agree with 757 about what the signing meant for us last year, the money is what was always going to make this a horrible signing 

Edited by N4L

3 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Was the same offseason though right? 

Yes. 

Just a bad rule of thumb to ever reset the market in free agency, temporary or not. Especially for a player like kwon. We paid him more than Kuechly at the time. Insanity. 

7 hours ago, N4L said:

I just read we paid him 25 million dollars for 14 games. I mean, it's not McKinnon bad, but that's bad, even though I agree with 757 about what the signing meant for us last year, the money is what was always going to make this a horrible signing 

JFC. 

Man, we are terribad about throwing money away

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yes. 

Just a bad rule of thumb to ever reset the market in free agency, temporary or not. Especially for a player like kwon. We paid him more than Kuechly at the time. Insanity. 

Honestly depends on the player and how big the reset is. For example i don't think any of us will complain about resetting the TE-market for Kittle. But even Juice i don't mind raising the bar so much higher than other FB's because his contract is still pretty much a drop in the bucket and how big of a part of the offense he is.

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Honestly depends on the player and how big the reset is. For example i don't think any of us will complain about resetting the TE-market for Kittle. But even Juice i don't mind raising the bar so much higher than other FB's because his contract is still pretty much a drop in the bucket and how big of a part of the offense he is.

This was not free agency. 

Juice's contact was too small to be impactful, which is not typical. That being said, it was still a ridiculous overpayment that was unnecessary. Just because it wasn't big enough to be really impactful doesn't mean it was a good idea