Week 9 Games

Leader

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

As of right now, all eyes need to be on Kansas City repeating.  A legitimate MVP candidate at QB, a top 3 scoring defense, generally healthy...

Second would be Baltimore.  Jackson works out his dry spell and they are legit.

Third I would say is where the Saints, Buccaneers and Steelers fit in.

Fourth you’ve got that Needs Luck range of Buccaneers, Packers, Bills, Seahawks, etc.

I see you have TB as a tier 3 and 4 contender.  I think GB is solidly tier 3. I'm not sure I know how you feel about or defense, and D coordinator in particular, but I feel they are a liability but also have the ability to pitch a strong game when the stars align.  Not good enough for a long term plan, but it's what we've got this year and hopefully something gets figured out for the postseason.

AR12 and a healthy offense is still very capable of causing problems in the NFC.  We've made it through the toughest part of our schedule although there are still some obstacles and a whole lot of outdoor winter ball ahead, so it's time for an identity check.  It should be a fun ride if we can shore up some weaknesses.

10 minutes ago, Smidgeon said:

So I didn't watch any football this weekend.  But Seattle and Tampa both lost in convincing fashion.  Did the Bills and Saints show the league a blueprint to mimic, or were they just better teams?

NO sure seems to have the Bucs number. I think there's things to learn there for sure. 

This is what the seahawks are. Russ will make mistakes if you put the pressure on. If you have the offense to capitlize youll win. Nothing new here except their defense is worse than ever. Feels like the hawks will score 30 no matter what though. 

40 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

NO sure seems to have the Bucs number. I think there's things to learn there for sure. 

This is what the seahawks are. Russ will make mistakes if you put the pressure on. If you have the offense to capitlize youll win. Nothing new here except their defense is worse than ever. Feels like the hawks will score 30 no matter what though. 

Issue was the bucs played zone and brees carved them up.

I don’t know if they played that much zone against GB. Bucs needed to man up the Saints. Unlike GB’s oline... NO’s oline also showed up. As well as their Dline.

If the smiths and Gary show up against the bucs, I think it’s more of a game.

I don’t know if the Saints are as good as they showed Sunday night. They are still a team as a packer fan I don’t fear. Could the Saints beat GB... sure, but I don’t worry about seeing them in post season play. More so in the dead of winter in lambeau.

Payton and Brees don’t have the patience to just run Kamara 50 times on GB.

2 hours ago, Smidgeon said:

So I didn't watch any football this weekend.  But Seattle and Tampa both lost in convincing fashion.  Did the Bills and Saints show the league a blueprint to mimic, or were they just better teams?

It's all random dice rolls I swear

3 hours ago, Green19 said:

Issue was the bucs played zone and brees carved them up.

I don’t know if they played that much zone against GB. Bucs needed to man up the Saints. Unlike GB’s oline... NO’s oline also showed up. As well as their Dline.

If the smiths and Gary show up against the bucs, I think it’s more of a game.

I don’t know if the Saints are as good as they showed Sunday night. They are still a team as a packer fan I don’t fear. Could the Saints beat GB... sure, but I don’t worry about seeing them in post season play. More so in the dead of winter in lambeau.

Payton and Brees don’t have the patience to just run Kamara 50 times on GB.

Well they clearly gave Kamara the key. Thats why you get the zone. Unfortunately for them Dean sucked again, Whitehead got exposed and Thomas was back. They also werent bringing the heat. Idk if that was because they wanted to clog brees' lanes and they didn't think itd get home anyways or what but yeah if Drew stays that clean he's gonna find a guy.

Id have to go back to compare their first game to really get an idea of why they did what they did.. But I'm thinking, similar to our game against the Bucs, things got out of hand so quick they didnt want to throw all their looks out there/ their guys were less motivated. Kind of a WTF just happened game.

I think itd be a game with the Saints and Pack. All depends on who shows up to play.  I think their D is similarly talented to ours, but plays the way we dont.. Likewise with the offenses. Lot of parallels with the pieces just a different way to use them.. They just happen to play into Pettines hand a bit more.

Whatever it was im glad the Bucs got their teeth knocked in. No more high horses left in the NFC.