Week 9 Games

Leader

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

It’s gonna be really fun to watch Belichick build a team from the ground up.

More cap space than most teams, a pick in the top 20 for the first time in like a billion years...

If he had just rolled with Stidham instead of signing Cam, they could have gotten Lawrence too.  This is a bad team.

54 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

If he had just rolled with Stidham instead of signing Cam, they could have gotten Lawrence too.  This is a bad team.

It’s also shocking how little talent they actually have. Like even the jets have/had talent.

I think pound for pound NE is the least talented team in the league. They just might have pound for pound the most coaching talent though.

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

It’s gonna be really fun to watch Belichick build a team from the ground up.

More cap space than most teams, a pick in the top 20 for the first time in like a billion years...

Look at the drafts from the Patriots in the recent years..not good at all. I don´t know if this will work out just because he has lower draft picks now. 

9 hours ago, Green19 said:

It’s also shocking how little talent they actually have. Like even the jets have/had talent.

I think pound for pound NE is the least talented team in the league. They just might have pound for pound the most coaching talent though.

To be fair, they had a lot of guys opt out as well.  I believe that Patrick Chung, Dont'a Hightower, and Marquise Lee were pretty good players.  I still think the Bills and Dolphins are better this season even if those guys played.  Danny Vitale also is on their opt-out list.  

Then again, would anyone take the Patriots over any team not called the Giants or Jets right now, if they had to play a best of 3? Maybe the Jags or Texans, and it is possible that the Falcons or Chargers may blow it, like they do.  The Vikings are also 3-5, they would roll the Pats right now. 

2 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

How long have you been wanting to say this about a New England Patriot's team?....

Personally? I didn't ever really get too worked up about the Patriots.  I have a general distaste for Boston sports fans, but the Patriots never really bothered me too much.  

21 hours ago, Green19 said:

Why is it shocking?...Perennial contending teams don't stay on top forever....There are 31 other teams that would gladly trade places with NE's recent run of championship successes...

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Personally? I didn't ever really get too worked up about the Patriots.  I have a general distaste for Boston sports fans, but the Patriots never really bothered me too much.  

Perhaps not, but it's not unnatural to feel some sense of jealousy...GB has it's detractors who feel it's unfair for them to have had two franchise QB's back to back...  

17 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Why is it shocking?...Perennial contending teams don't stay on top forever....There are 31 other teams that would gladly trade places with NE's recent run of championship successes...

I mean Pittsburgh, Ravens, packers, Seattle, etc are mostly perennial contenders and arent devoid of talent like the patriots.

I get you can have bad years where injuries, etc wreck it. But during those years you can still see talent on the field for teams like Pitt, Balt, etc. Last night you’d be hard pressed to point to talent that gives you hope in NE.

Edited by Green19

14 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I mean Pittsburgh, Ravens, packers, Seattle, etc are mostly perennial contenders and arent devoid of talent like the patriots.

I get you can have bad years where injuries, etc wreck it. But during those years you can still see talent on the field for teams like Pitt, Balt, etc. Last night you’d be hard pressed to point to talent that gives you hope in NE.

Yet, none of the teams listed have had the same run of success....In fact, all have recently had unimpressive seasons...What NE accomplished is an anomaly that transcends all of sports, and possibly something we won't see again for a while....

The Patriot's decline was gradual and not a sudden drop off...Tom Brady likely would have stayed, but realized the talent pool in NE had run it's course....Instead of waiting for a rebuild at 43, he bolted to another team with more talent....

2 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Yet, none of the teams listed have had the same run of success....In fact, all have recently had unimpressive seasons...What NE accomplished is an anomaly that transcends all of sports, and possibly something we won't see again for a while....

The Patriot's decline was gradual and not a sudden drop off...Tom Brady likely would have stayed, but realized the talent pool in NE had run it's course....Instead of waiting for a rebuild at 43, he bolted to another team with more talent....

All though not the same success they have all been in similar drafting position with the biggest outlier being Bal drafting at 6th over all in 2016 I believe and getting Stanley T. The highest Pitt has drafted this last decade was last year at 10, but they traded up.

Honestly... when looking at the last 10 years of drafts specifically the biggest difference is New England normally traded out of the first, forgoing what would be seen as better talent for more picks... the issue, they aren’t hitting on picks.

You can argue drafting late (success) has hurt them but the other teams have made bolder moves in the draft and have hit on talent at a higher rate. I think that’s more of and issue... I mean can anyone name their best pick of the last 5 years? It would be either Wynn or Flowers... and flowers is playing for Detroit.

14 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

It's not shocking to one of those guys who says everyday that it's gonna rain soon, and then the day it rains he tells everyone he's been right all along.

It could be interesting/entertaining/shocking to watch if one regards BB as one of the best coaching minds around.

5 hours ago, Kepler said:

It's not shocking to one of those guys who says everyday that it's gonna rain soon, and then the day it rains he tells everyone he's been right all along.

It could be interesting/entertaining/shocking to watch if one regards BB as one of the best coaching minds around.

Perception is reality..