Early 1 Round Mock Draft

IDOG_det

44 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Not seeing Arden Key go top spot. In that situation for the Browns, its either Darnold or Barkley. They also need secondary help, especially S. 

Not going to include Darnold because he's a redshirt sophomore and because he isn't worth that spot. Not going to put a RB #1 overall on a team with Isaiah Crowell and Duke Johnson, it was difficult enough to put him at #3. No chance in hell I'm putting a safety #1 overall (also because I haven't watched any yet).

48 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Why isn't he trying? Any concern about that?

His head coach being a cartoon character might have something to do with it. He's been training with NFL guys for a few years and he's already proven how talented he is. I can't blame him for not being motivated on an underachieving team that fired the coach that recruited him, especially when he isn't even being asked to rush the passer that much right now anyway.

53 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Ha, just saw you have your little crush Nick Fitzgerald going first round but then tell me to “relax” on Chubb. 

Pot, meet Kettle. 

And no, this post has nothing to do with Fitzgerald as a prospect. Just pointing out the hypocrisy, my man. 

I don't know why you're taking this so personally. I have Chubb ranked over Fitzgerald, and I don't have a "little crush" on Fitzgerald either. I don't even have him ranked in the first round right now, I just have him going in the 1st because teams are desperate for quarterbacks. I told you to relax because you were definitely declaring that Chubb won't last until #22 even though it's October...these are just projections at this point. It isn't that serious.

9 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Not going to include Darnold because he's a redshirt sophomore and because he isn't worth that spot. Not going to put a RB #1 overall on a team with Isaiah Crowell and Duke Johnson, it was difficult enough to put him at #3. No chance in hell I'm putting a safety #1 overall (also because I haven't watched any yet).

While true, Barkley is much better than Crowell or Johnson and neither of them are really doing anything this season. The only S that could likely go that high would be James anyway, but I agree, a S should not go first overall. 

Just cannot see the Browns taking another EDGE after Garrett, and trading for Collins and adding Nassib, Orchard and Ogbah to the rotation. 

I am not a fan of the USC QB's cause they all come out and absolutely suck, but there is no better option. If Darnold is going in top spots across the board it is likely he will have to come out considering he has an untalented USC team surrounding him. 

Barkley is going as high as 2 in quite a few mocks because he is that damn good. 

2 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

I don't know why you're taking this so personally. I have Chubb ranked over Fitzgerald, and I don't have a "little crush" on Fitzgerald either. I don't even have him ranked in the first round right now, I just have him going in the 1st because teams are desperate for quarterbacks. I told you to relax because you were definitely declaring that Chubb won't last until #22 even though it's October...these are just projections at this point. It isn't that serious.

I agree that Chubb wont make first round. 2nd round projection. 

Just now, mike23md said:

While true, Barkley is much better than Crowell or Johnson and neither of them are really doing anything this season. The only S that could likely go that high would be James anyway, but I agree, a S should not go first overall. 

Just cannot see the Browns taking another EDGE after Garrett, and trading for Collins and adding Nassib, Orchard and Ogbah to the rotation. 

I am not a fan of the USC QB's cause they all come out and absolutely suck, but there is no better option. If Darnold is going in top spots across the board it is likely he will have to come out considering he has an untalented USC team surrounding him. 

Barkley is going as high as 2 in quite a few mocks because he is that damn good. 

No doubt Barkley is good, but with the amount of picks a team like the Browns have, they don't need to grab him. They can get someone like Chubb, Ballage, Freeman, Penny, Harris, Scarbrough, Scott, Love, Gaskin, etc. with one of their 2nd/3rd rounders. At the moment the RB class looks very strong, no need to take one at #1 when you can get a starting level player later on. On the other hand, they aren't going to find another pass rushing talent like Key, which would be unreal to pair with a talent like Myles Garrett. Besides, Garrett is the only real impact pass rusher they have. Collins is a linebacker, Ogbah is best fit as a rotational guy, and Orchard/Nassib are just depth.

47 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Here’s an idea....don’t tell someone to “relax” when they disagree with where you place someone and then try to make it out like the other person made it personal  

I’m very aware of what month it is and how the process works. I simply strongly disagree with your placement of Chubb considering lesser players at his position are already off the board. 

On 10/8/2017 at 8:52 AM, IDOG_det said:

1. Cleveland Browns: EDGE Arden Key, LSU
2. San Francisco 49ers: QB Josh Rosen, UCLA
3. New York Giants: RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State
4. Los Angeles Chargers: CB Jaire Alexander, Louisville
5. Indianapolis Colts: OL Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame
6. Cincinnati Bengals: OL Aaron Stinnie, James Madison
7. Chicago Bears: WR Auden Tate, Florida State
8. Miami Dolphins: QB Lamar Jackson, Louisville
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: EDGE Harold Landry, Boston College
10. Baltimore Ravens: RB Derrius Guice, LSU
11. Arizona Cardinals: WR James Washington, Oklahoma State
12. Seattle Seahawks: OL Mason Cole, Michigan
13. Cleveland Browns (from the Houston Texans): WR Courtland Sutton, SMU
14. Jacksonville Jaguars: EDGE Obgonnia Okoronkwo, Oklahoma
15. Dallas Cowboys: DL Maurice Hurst Jr., Michigan
16. New York Jets: QB Riley Ferguson, Memphis
17. New Orleans Saints: DL Vita Vea, Washington
18. Oakland Raiders: LB Josey Jewell, Iowa
19. Minnesota Vikings: OL Billy Price, Ohio State
20. Washington Racial Slurs: DL Da'Ron Payne, Alabama
21. Tennessee Titans: OL Braden Smith, Auburn
22. New England Patriots: EDGE Bradley Chubb, NC State
23. Los Angeles Rams: DL Derrick Nnadi, Florida State
24. Pittsburgh Steelers: QB Nick Fitzpatrick, Mississippi State
25. Philadelphia Eagles: WR Anthony Miller, Memphis
26. Detroit Lions: EDGE Kentavious Street, NC State
27. Denver Broncos: OL Tyrell Crosby, Oregon
28. Green Bay Packers: EDGE Hercules Mata'afa, Washington State
29. Carolina Panthers: EDGE Duke Ejiofor, Wake Forest
30. Atlanta Falcons: OL Brian Allen, Michigan State
31. Buffalo Bills: WR Emmanuel Butler, Northern Arizona
32. Buffalo Bills (from the Kansas City Chiefs): LB Kendall Joseph, Clemson

If you don't see a player you think should be in there, I either haven't watched him yet or I have watched him and kept him out for good reason.

Ok so all of these players are not included in the 1st round, to me that is shocking especially for a few.  Sure some you think might not declare or whatever, but honestly 75-90% of all the JR or RS SOPH I listed will come out early this year I feel.

Derwin James Florida State S JR 
Sam Darnold USC QB RS SOPH
Christian Wilkins Clemson DL JR
Orlando Brown Oklahoma OT RS JR
Mike Gesicki Penn State TE SR 
Tarvarus McFadden Florida State CB JR  
Minkah Fitzpatrick Alabama S/CB JR 
Clelin Ferrell Clemson DE RS SOPH 
Malik Jefferson Texas OLB JR 
Mike McGlinchey Notre Dame OT RS SR 
Quin Blanding Virginia S SR 
Jerome Baker Ohio State OLB JR
Calvin Ridley Alabama WR JR 
Roquan Smith Georgia ILB JR
Martez  Ivey Florida OG JR 
Mitch Hyatt Clemson OT JR 
Equanimeous St. Brown Notre Dame WR JR 
Jessie Bates III Wake Forest S RS SOPH 
Carlton Davis Auburn CB JR
Deontay Burnett USC WR JR

Ferguson is good but not a 1st round talent, he is not better than Mayfield, Rudolph or even Stidham not to mention Rosen, Jackson or Darnold.  Fitzpatrick as a 1st rounder, now that is way out there I think, the kid played awful against Georgia a very pro style defense.  He is a runner first and if he could not run the ball he would not be very good.  He will not declare early for the draft I feel because he is not ready at all.  

Roquan Smith is way better than Joseph at ILB, is even better than Jewell in terms of potential and upside as well.  Tate is a walking injury, having a good year but is injured so often and does not get great separation speed either, nice to have a freshman QB though that forces him the football, good for him anyway.  Jaire Alexander, especially with the injury, I would be shocked to see him picked that high, good player but even before the injury he was not a top 5 pick by any means.  I agree with Washington and Hurst sure is climbing, could easily climb his way into being a high pick like that ,especially with how good he is playing.   

Mata'afa I still question a little, very quick and interesting as a talent but not sure how rare he is athletically, not very elite physically.  And Street I just do not see him as an elite defensive lineman at this point, at least not 1st rounder with his lack of elite pass rushing skills.  Miller is a fine talent at WR but I see teams sleeping on him and falling to the 2nd or 3rd round.  Mason Cole is good but I have him as more of a 2nd round guy, he is no were as good as Orlando Brown or McGlinchey, much less Connor Williams who will see if he even comes out or not.  Vea I like a lot as well, great talent.  Key going #1 I question, he has not looked like a #1 overall pick so far this year at all.  

Darius Jackson of Jacksonville State could climb up in the draft I think, super quick and rare ability to turn the corner as a pass rusher, undersized but could do great things in a 3/4.  Crosby on Oregon is a interesting player but 1st rounder I do not see that, same with Allen on Michigan State or Price on Ohio State.  Is Price better than Elflein, I do not think so and Elflein was a 3rd rounder, unless Price does some great things the rest of the year overall careers I think Elflein had a much better career.  

For the Browns: If we are picking #1 again it is because our offense needs work. Our D has been pretty good this year and I think it'll improve. Remember we also have 3 2nd rounders. We can trade up or pick D in the 2nd round.  

That being said, I think we go Offensive at #1. Best QB or Barkley. For Houston pick, I like the call with Wide Receiver. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Archived