Minnesota --> Cleveland pipeline (trade deadline)

NudeTayne

Hey all. Browns fan here. Our team may be looking to be trade deadline buyers and things seem to point to Minnesota being seekers this year. Even with the victory this weekend, I'm still seeing sellers in Minnesota (though I may be mistaken). 

Are any of your secondary players available? Linebackers? If so, who and what compensation do you see as being reasonable'ish/most likely?

Good luck on the QB tank! We did it for years.

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

Anthony Harris for a 3rd

3 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

The only player I can see being traded is Harris, just due to salary cap restraints. 

I'd say if you can get a 3rd (same as a comp. pick from a big contract), that is probably fair.

Is a 3rd likely what the team is expecting to get our just the asking price? And it's he extraneous to three Vikings plans going forward or a key piece (i.e., do they "need" to trade him?)?

As much as the Browns need a safety RIGHT NOW, Delpit will be back next year and they like Ronnie Harrison. I can't see our nerds giving that much draft capital up. Too bad y'all don't need Njoku. I could see him and a 5th/6th as being something the FO would part with but probably not a 3rd, even if he's worth that(?).

Edited by NudeTayne

30 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Is a 3rd likely what the team is expecting to get our just the asking price? And it's he extraneous to three Vikings plans going forward or a key piece (i.e., do they "need" to trade him?)?

As much as the Browns need a safety RIGHT NOW, Delpit will be back next year and they like Ronnie Harrison. I can't see our nerds giving that much draft capital up. Too bad y'all don't need Njoku. I could see him and a 5th/6th as being something the FO would part with but probably not a 3rd, even if he's worth that(?).

How about a4th and a 7th? We don't have enough 7th round picks yet. 

I don't expect him back next year

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Is a 3rd likely what the team is expecting to get our just the asking price?

I think the team gets a 4th round compensatory pick for Harris if they don't trade him. Given that, there is little motivation to trade him for anything that doesn't beat that. I don't know that the team expects to get a 3rd, but I doubt they trade him for a late 4th. Teams willing to trade for him right now would be looking to pick late in the round too.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I think the team gets a 4th round compensatory pick for Harris if they don't trade him. Given that, there is little motivation to trade him for anything that doesn't beat that. I don't know that the team expects to get a 3rd, but I doubt they trade him for a late 4th. Teams willing to trade for him right now would be looking to pick late in the round too.

I think the team would be thrilled to get a 4th. Even if it were a 2022 4th. 

Harris may net a 4th round comp pick, but any trade with a team would net a better pick than the comp they’d receive, and it would be guaranteed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

I see you are a #believelander as well. Keep up the good work. This is our year.

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

I'd rather have a4th in 2021 than a possible 3rd in 2022

12 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

I disagree with that sentiment for two reasons. Firstly, moving Harris now opens up cap space this year which can be rolled into next year. The other reason being that a 4th this year is worth more than a 4th the following year, and the fact that the Vikings seem to be somewhat rebuilding that defense right now, I'd prefer to keep the rebuild process shorter rather than stretching it out.

• Like 1