Jimmy Garoppolo is expected to be sidelined indefinitely

NcFinest9erFan

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

The only two games left that I think are winnable are Dallas and Washington....

See I don't buy that. Our coaching staff is really really good and will be able to get the team to compete in other games as well. On paper we may only be favored against WAS/DAL, but I can see the team having a great shot at beating the Bills or the Rams or even possibly the Cardinals. Though that is probably unlikely. Then if the Seahawks have the #1 seed locked up week 17, that could be another win. 

Expect a 7-9 or 8-8 record with just an average first round pick instead of a top 10 one. 

• Like 2

Just now, John232 said:

Kind of hoping someone starts grilling the FO over this issue. Which has been around for a while now and it's starting to get called out by people. We are awful at injury management

I mean they have been, this issue has been going on for years and they swapped out the entire medical staff before last year. For a staff from the Sharks I believe.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

See I don't buy that. Our coaching staff is really really good and will be able to get the team to compete in other games as well. On paper we may only be favored against WAS/DAL, but I can see the team having a great shot at beating the Bills or the Rams or even possibly the Cardinals. Though that is probably unlikely. Then if the Seahawks have the #1 seed locked up week 17, that could be another win. 

Expect a 7-9 or 8-8 record with just an average first round pick instead of a top 10 one. 

I agree I think we end up at 7-9 

1 minute ago, Ftn49 said:

I mean they have been, this issue has been going on for years and they swapped out the entire medical staff before last year. For a staff from the Sharks I believe.

Yup it's not like they haven't tried, maybe the issue is don't sign or draft players with massive injury problems.

Edited by 49erurtaza

1 minute ago, Ftn49 said:

Eh, the framing of it should change on some level. They held a party accountable sure, and I think that was the right move...but there seems to be a pattern of pushing player to play before they're 100%.This does not feel any different or better from the previous staff..And I get that it's a balancing act but we've been sent into a death spiral this because of some bad luck but also poor management. You don't get to this point without having some culpability in it. I just really hope they're asking themselves if they're doing things the right way because this year has been a something to behold. 

• Like 1

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

Yup it's not time they haven't tried, maybe the issue is don't sign or draft players with massive injury problems.

Absolutely this... A guy misses some time here and there, no big deal, players with a history of only being in a couple of games to a half a season (Ford) pass on.

3 minutes ago, John232 said:

Kind of hoping someone starts grilling the FO over this issue. Which has been around for a while now and it's starting to get called out by people. We are awful at injury management

I think is a problem leaguewide but especially on this team. And the amount of injuries this team suffers is ridiculous. There hasn't been one season since like 2013 where we haven't ranked among the worst in the league in this area. 

But read this:

Garoppolo's play has been up and down, and there were some recent differences of opinion about the extent of his recent high ankle sprain.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jimmy-garoppolo-still-under-evaluation-with-49ers-and-team-could-make-a-change-in-2021/

Like how are you this incompetent? 

13 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

too bad the jets are terrible or else we could tank for Trevor...

When I said this at the beginning of the season people on here **** on me! Now what? The season is a train wreck and I don't know what QB is available in the draft aside from Trevor. Sitting in no mans land in the standing! And to make matters worse the SB drought goes back to 1994!

Just now, John232 said:

Eh, the framing of it should change on some level. They held a party accountable sure, and I think that was the right move...but there seems to be a pattern of pushing player to play before they're 100%.This does not feel any different or better from the previous staff..And I get that it's a balancing act but we've been sent into a death spiral this because of some bad luck but also poor management. You don't get to this point without having some culpability in it. I just really hope they're asking themselves if they're doing things the right way because this year has been a something to behold. 

Not sure I agree. If a guy can play and isn't at risk of causing more damage to an existing injury and he is better at 85% or whatever than the guy backing him up he should play. This is the nfl, if your body needs to be in 100% shape prior to you being out on the field you are going to field entirely new teams every single week. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think is a problem leaguewide but especially on this team. And the amount of injuries this team suffers is ridiculous. There hasn't been one season since like 2013 where we haven't ranked among the worst in the league in this area. 

But read this:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jimmy-garoppolo-still-under-evaluation-with-49ers-and-team-could-make-a-change-in-2021/

Like how are you this incompetent? 

Yeah..this isn't the first time there's been this back and forth over player injuries. Not a good look. Richburg was another misdiagnosis. I think McKinnon was as well..granted those were the previous staffs.

The irony of this team having god awful medical procedures when the owner is a MD...lmao. 

2 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Ok you think they go 7-9 but would you prefer 4-12? I can tell you which record would be better for the future and it sure ain't 7-9!

Well us hoping they lose the rest of the games is not going to happen. So let's be realistic here.

Edited by 49erurtaza

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Well us hoping they lose the rest of the games is not going to happen. So let's be realistic here.

He's just a troll, and only comes around when there is bad news. Ignore him and he'll go away. He isn't here to be realistic.