Sign in to follow this  
NcFinest9erFan

Jimmy Garoppolo is expected to be sidelined indefinitely

3 hours ago, N4L said:

I think the josh johnson rumor simply boils down to one simple thing: Kyle shanahan is DONE with CJ Beathard.

The fact we handed him the job on a silver platter but then mullens took it back says a lot. 

I think kyle is just really frustrated with all three of his QBs this year. Jimmy for making so many mental mistakes, mullens for making so many physical mistakes, and CJ for being CJ

To me, this signals that we are going to be actively looking to ad at least 2 quarterbacks this offseason 

Honestly, I think we should have turned CJ into a fullback. He's not the fastest guy, but he's athletic, and he's tough. Put 20lbs on him and make him run through a wall. He'd be a scary guy on trick plays. Some guys just aren't QBs in this league, but they can still be football players. He'd be our less athletic Taysom Hill. Imagine Kittle, Mostert, Juice Check, Deebo, Aiyuk, Beathard and QB1 breaking out of the huddle... What's going to happen?! Missed opportunity. I would have loved to see CJ on the field more. He's a warrior, and the rest of the team loves him. When he took over for Hoyer, you could see how everyone respected him (even though he wasn't that good). He was gutsy.

24 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Honestly, I think we should have turned CJ into a fullback. He's not the fastest guy, but he's athletic, and he's tough. Put 20lbs on him and make him run through a wall. He'd be a scary guy on trick plays. Some guys just aren't QBs in this league, but they can still be football players. He'd be our less athletic Taysom Hill. Imagine Kittle, Mostert, Juice Check, Deebo, Aiyuk, Beathard and QB1 breaking out of the huddle... What's going to happen?! Missed opportunity. I would have loved to see CJ on the field more. He's a warrior, and the rest of the team loves him. When he took over for Hoyer, you could see how everyone respected him (even though he wasn't that good). He was gutsy.

I believe @Forge mentioned in the NFL General GDT for Thursday night football that CJ being tough as nails was the only glowing praise anyone ever had for him. That is very true, although if he knew how to play quarterback and had any awareness whatsoever he wouldn't need to be so tough. 

Honestly, I'm just ready for the off-season. We have a ton of questions as a roster and I'm ready to get some clarity. That won't happen until the season is over and done with. And with our season being pretty much done at this point, I'm ready to see how we resurrect this thing.

Just really wondering how we get the cap space to make the moves we need to make. I'm all for going after another DE but where do we get the money?? Warner is going to get PAID. Like his contract will be in the 18 per range. And if we do look to resign Williams, where do we get the cash to go after another edge?? Not to mention who's the QB next year?? Will it be Jimmy?? Stay tuned for the next episode of Dragon Ball Z...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Honestly, I'm just ready for the off-season. We have a ton of questions as a roster and I'm ready to get some clarity. That won't happen until the season is over and done with. And with our season being pretty much done at this point, I'm ready to see how we resurrect this thing.

Just really wondering how we get the cap space to make the moves we need to make. I'm all for going after another DE but where do we get the money?? Warner is going to get PAID. Like his contract will be in the 18 per range. And if we do look to resign Williams, where do we get the cash to go after another edge?? Not to mention who's the QB next year?? Will it be Jimmy?? Stay tuned for the next episode of Dragon Ball Z...

Well if the QB we want is gone there is always the option to bring in this monster assuming he isn’t gone too. I think we’ll be picking fairly high this year as I expect pretty much every team ahead of us to start stacking some wins outside of maybe NYJ, NYG, DAL, WAS, & JAC. We could very well have a borderline top 5 pick. The Cowboys and Washington are pretty much our only opportunity for wins the rest of the season in my eyes and those aren’t not necessarily locks at this point. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f293kreh2abns98t77md7

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Cut/ Trade Jimmy, cut Ford. Resign Warner then Trent. Then try to see if we can keep Sherm and Verrett but maybe one has to go?

It almost looks like from a cap view that drafting a rookie QB would help although that might put us back a couple of years....

Edit: Messing with our cap on overthecap.com.. If we ditch Jimmy and make Ford a June 1 cut, our cap jumps from 19 to 59 mill???

Edited by NcFinest9erFan

11 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Cut/ Trade Jimmy, cut Ford. Resign Warner then Trent. Then try to see if we can keep Sherm and Verrett but maybe one has to go?

It almost looks like from a cap view that drafting a rookie QB would help although that might put us back a couple of years....

Edit: Messing with our cap on overthecap.com.. If we ditch Jimmy and make Ford a June 1 cut, our cap jumps from 19 to 59 mill???

I wouldn't designate anyone a june 1 cut if you're dumping Jimmy. I'm not a fan of pushing money out further if I can help it. Just get it over and done with. 

The market should be flooded next year. Dollars should get you further than they have in the past. Ford saves 6 just on a normal cut. 50 million (if cutting Jimmy), should be plenty of room. 

• Like 1