Defensive Coordinator Search

Joe

On 11/5/2020 at 4:35 PM, Skippy said:

I believe Gary and the Smith's would all be 3-4 DE's if that's what we needed them for. Basically all the rest of our current linebackers I believe would be better suited for outside backers in that scheme. As far as the typical "thumper" backer, I think some 4-3 teams are getting away from that and just going to using three speed guys. I'm not saying that's what I want, but I do think we could shift to a 4-3 if we really wanted too, not saying that's the best use of our talent though. At this stage I just don't think we've drafted and put the talent on the field. Forget about our front 7 for a second, I don't think our safeties are coming up and making the tackles that they should be either. Didn't we just draft a first round safety just two years ago? I haven't seen him make a single play yet. 

Gary can function as a 3-4 DE, but only due to his sheer strength; certainly not the other two. We need guys that are at least 20-25 lb.s heavier than the Smiths...

On 11/7/2020 at 4:38 PM, Jaire_Island said:

Who ever is going to hire Jeff Ulbrich as their D coordinator is going to be very very happy.

Pin this message.

Don't know much about him but that ATL D hasn't exactly been the standard.  LaFleur would have worked with him and has the connections from ATL to know all about him.  What makes Ulbrich stand out in your mind that he should get a shot at DC?

3 hours ago, Joe said:

Jim Leonhard was discussed as a possible candidate but then was shot down. You can read it on pages 3 and 4 I believe.

If ANYONE can come up with a reason why he's a high quality candidate that doesn't include him coaching for Wisconsin, I'm all ears.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

If ANYONE can come up with a reason why he's a high quality candidate that doesn't include him coaching for Wisconsin, I'm all ears.

He coaches an elite defense that is derived from the same Rex Ryan system we currently employ? His interpretation brings it up to modern football requirements moreso than our current DC. His name is easily misspelled?

49 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He coaches an elite defense that is derived from the same Rex Ryan system we currently employ? His interpretation brings it up to modern football requirements moreso than our current DC. His name is easily misspelled?

Doesn't Jimmy work at the unversity?

Misspelled Signs High Resolution Stock Photography and Images - Alamy

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah, Wisconsin hasn't given up points, or yards for weeks!

• Like 2