Defensive Coordinator Search

Joe

On 11/12/2020 at 12:03 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

Yeah, Wisconsin hasn't given up points, or yards for weeks!

Well, he still hasn't given up points but he's given up 6 yards so far against Michigan through nearly 2 quarters. So much for that idea. Next candidate please! 

• 4 weeks later...

The more I read about Jim Leonhard, the more I want him. Just seems like there's no way he's not going to succeed in the NFL at some point if/when he wants.

And anyone that knows me knows I don't gush over Badgers. If anything, generally the opposite.

Just seems tailor-made to work with MLF in GB and win a few SBs together before moving on to HC.

Edited by incognito_man

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The more I read about Jim Leonhard, the more I want him. Just seems like there's no way he's not going to succeed in the NFL at some point if/when he wants.

And anyone that knows me knows I don't fish over Badgers. If anything, generally the opposite.

Just seems tailor-made to work with MLF in GB and win a few SBs together before moving on to HC.

No. If Leonhard leaves Wisconsin, they'll go back to being full-on irrelevant under Chryst. I mean, in the grand scheme of college football, they ARE irrelevant but at least I can count on a NY6 bowl every few years with Jimmy handling the D. If anything, Wisconsin should move on from Chryst and make Leonhard head coach. They can't afford to lose him.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

No. If Leonhard leaves Wisconsin, they'll go back to being full-on irrelevant under Chryst. I mean, in the grand scheme of college football, they ARE irrelevant but at least I can count on a NY6 bowl every few years with Jimmy handling the D. If anything, Wisconsin should move on from Chryst and make Leonhard head coach. They can't afford to lose him.

Yeah but GB football >>>>> Badger football.

As soon as Badgers lose a game, I literally stop watching lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah but GB football >>>>> Badger football.

As soon as Badgers lose a game, I literally stop watching lol

And GB has the pick of the litter for who they want. Wisconsin likely never does better than Jimmy. He means way more to Madison than he would GB. We can find a good DC, Wisconsin ain't finding a great coach that'll stick around very often.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And GB has the pick of the litter for who they want. Wisconsin likely never does better than Jimmy. He means way more to Madison than he would GB. We can find a good DC, Wisconsin ain't finding a great coach that'll stick around very often.

I just don't care enough about Badger football. I have no more concern about taking him away from WI as I would from any other college or NFL team.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

College football is irrelevant while the NFL exists 😬 

well, not irrelevant but it’s just a pipeline to the good stuff.

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Understand you dont want Leonard to leave WI. Fine with me - but I'd like to know more about him and I dont watch any WI games. What scheme does he currently run in WI? Is there something unique about it (?) - or - what would make him an attractive candidate for a DC position in the NFL/GB (?) - outside him being "local."  Is he a gambler or innovator with his defensive schemes - or - is it his leadership qualities that sets him apart?

27 minutes ago, Leader said:

Understand you dont want Leonard to leave WI. Fine with me - but I'd like to know more about him and I dont watch any WI games. What scheme does he currently run in WI? Is there something unique about it (?) - or - what would make him an attractive candidate for a DC position in the NFL/GB (?) - outside him being "local."  Is he a gambler or innovator with his defensive schemes - or - is it his leadership qualities that sets him apart?

Rex Ryan protege

59 minutes ago, Leader said:

He's an executioner. His guys buy in and they are tough. No easy yards against this defense, especially in the run game. The only issue is the CBs are coached to shield WRs and are pretty touchy/feely causing DPIs or misplays. That's more attributed to a talent issue at the CB spots than anything. He's primed to be a HC and I want him at Wisconsin.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, beekay414 said:

But if Leonhard is as good as you claim, why wouldn't another college program hire him as HC?