Sign in to follow this  
J-ALL-DAY

Week 9 GDT - Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

4 hours ago, Pugger said:

How do you know the locker room wanted another WR?  Another WR would be nice but most Packers fans think a run stuffing DL is a position of greater need.  Unfortunately we couldn't make a deal with anyone for either position.

Because Rodgers basically said as much

"Do you want another WR?"

"I just work here"

Yeah, he wanted another WR 

Even if DT was a greater need, my point still stands. You guys took a QB and a third string running back in the offseason, then followed that up with not addressing your needs at the deadline. 

Doesn't really mean **** necessarily, but just call this a hunch 

• Like 2

To me, on offense this game is all about aiyuk and how kyle uses him 

Alexander is one of the best cover corners in the game. He follows a WR and locks him down. We need to use bunch formations and move him around pre-snap. We need to hide aiyuk so we can slip him away from Alexander and force other corners to cover him. Hes proving to be a tough cover. Might be different with no kittle. 

Weve seen aiyuk get a lot of jet sweeps earlier in the season when we didnt have deebo. We didnt really use him there much last week or since deebo has come back. So we were saving it for this week. 

We have had sooo much success running to the edges of a pettine defense since kyle has gotten here. The last time we were in lambeau it was MNF and THE MOSTERATTI's coming out party. First 100 yard game of his career. The packers couldnt do anything to stop it, we had a huge lead, and then CJ Beathard, the tank commander, found a way to fumble it away. 

the Mosteratti is in the shop. He was running sooo good this year. Damn shame whats happened to him. Rams LB twisted his ankle way late at the end of the half in that game. Hopefully he will be back (for this playoff run?). 

No deebo again obviously - to me, this means Aiyuk on the jet sweep will be how we slice them up on the edges this week. My bold prediction is that he has 100+ yards rushing. Thats how much ownage this offense has against pettine. The vikings just slashed them up, they arent ready for us. 

Mckinnon played a bit more last week when coleman went down again. He has 'tired legs' and was being used sparsely. This is a short week. I cant imagine we will use him that much. He initially looked like he could be a guy to run the ball on the edges, but after the giants game he never recovered. We shouldnt have ridden him so hard in week 3 after not playing for 2 years. That was what McK made kyle promise before taking a paycut - that there would be no restrictions... which totally backfired smh should have kept him on his pitch count always. Now hes useless and we only have udfa Hasty essentially 

Hasty is a good player in his own right. I question his ability to get the edge, but he has amazing lateral movement and great vision. He is young and has less tread on the tires. Its his week to be the battering ram, while aiyuk is the spear to the edge 

No kittle though. Damn. Easy to run to the edge when you have a 6th OLman 

JORDAN REED WILL FEAST IF HE PLAYS

Our DL absolutely feasted against them last year. DJ jones especially dominated the packers center. Maybe one of the packers fans here can tell me if that player has been replaced. 

Different DL this year but mosely will do well against adams and they dont have anyone else. 

Fred warner shut aaron jones down last 2 times we played. not sure if jones is playing, I always viewed this as the game they were going to bring him back for. 

This team will go down swinging. especially with the talk of an 8th playoff spot. I actually think the short week on primetime helps us, oddly. We are home on TNF, always huge. If we go 5-4... we might actually make the playoffs with nick mullens as our QB lol 

I wonder if the outcome of this game decides Garoppolo surgery vs no surgery. He is getting a second opinion right now. Surgery means he isnt going to play at all this season no matter what basically, from my understanding. So if we win, he says no surgery and then comes back like week 17 or whatever? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, N4L said:

To me, on offense this game is all about aiyuk and how kyle uses him 

Alexander is one of the best cover corners in the game. He follows a WR and locks him down. We need to use bunch formations and move him around pre-snap. We need to hide aiyuk so we can slip him away from Alexander and force other corners to cover him. Hes proving to be a tough cover. Might be different with no kittle. 

Weve seen aiyuk get a lot of jet sweeps earlier in the season when we didnt have deebo. We didnt really use him there much last week or since deebo has come back. So we were saving it for this week. 

We have had sooo much success running to the edges of a pettine defense since kyle has gotten here. The last time we were in lambeau it was MNF and THE MOSTERATTI's coming out party. First 100 yard game of his career. The packers couldnt do anything to stop it, we had a huge lead, and then CJ Beathard, the tank commander, found a way to fumble it away. 

the Mosteratti is in the shop. He was running sooo good this year. Damn shame whats happened to him. Rams LB twisted his ankle way late at the end of the half in that game. Hopefully he will be back (for this playoff run?). 

No deebo again obviously - to me, this means Aiyuk on the jet sweep will be how we slice them up on the edges this week. My bold prediction is that he has 100+ yards rushing. Thats how much ownage this offense has against pettine. The vikings just slashed them up, they arent ready for us. 

Mckinnon played a bit more last week when coleman went down again. He has 'tired legs' and was being used sparsely. This is a short week. I cant imagine we will use him that much. He initially looked like he could be a guy to run the ball on the edges, but after the giants game he never recovered. We shouldnt have ridden him so hard in week 3 after not playing for 2 years. That was what McK made kyle promise before taking a paycut - that there would be no restrictions... which totally backfired smh should have kept him on his pitch count always. Now hes useless and we only have udfa Hasty essentially 

Hasty is a good player in his own right. I question his ability to get the edge, but he has amazing lateral movement and great vision. He is young and has less tread on the tires. Its his week to be the battering ram, while aiyuk is the spear to the edge 

No kittle though. Damn. Easy to run to the edge when you have a 6th OLman 

JORDAN REED WILL FEAST IF HE PLAYS

Our DL absolutely feasted against them last year. DJ jones especially dominated the packers center. Maybe one of the packers fans here can tell me if that player has been replaced. 

Different DL this year but mosely will do well against adams and they dont have anyone else. 

Fred warner shut aaron jones down last 2 times we played. not sure if jones is playing, I always viewed this as the game they were going to bring him back for. 

This team will go down swinging. especially with the talk of an 8th playoff spot. I actually think the short week on primetime helps us, oddly. We are home on TNF, always huge. If we go 5-4... we might actually make the playoffs with nick mullens as our QB lol 

I wonder if the outcome of this game decides Garoppolo surgery vs no surgery. He is getting a second opinion right now. Surgery means he isnt going to play at all this season no matter what basically, from my understanding. So if we win, he says no surgery and then comes back like week 17 or whatever? 

You're much more optimistic than I am. No Kittle, No Deebo to help out Mullens and his weak arm. I have zero faith in him to string together four quarters of good play.  Our RBs are running on fumes. We're just not healthy enough to be effective running the ball. And if this offense isn't balanced enough to get substantial yardage on the ground, we're cooked food for defenses. AND its a short turnaround from a thorough beatdown. I just don't see it...

Edited by 757-NINER

20 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

This has to be Aiyuk right who told him?

I think Kyle gets it just fine... a couple of thoughts from it. 1) Claypool hasn't even been through a season yet so HE doesn't know the grind. 2) Not every team is in the same situation, some teams may need more reps with pads on due to a variety of factors 3) wearing shoulder pads one extra day a week had exactly 0 to do with our injuries that sunk the season 4) we were roundly praised last season with how fast, physical and well tackling we were, maybe the extra day of padded practices did some good. Because of the injuries this season people are looking for excuses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

Why would it be Aiyuk??

More than likely its Finke, who's on the PS. They were college teammates after all...

• Like 1

Aiyuk, T. Williams and Deebo added on the COVID list as well and won't be playing tomorrow.

LOL, this is amazing, truly is. Um, Jordan Reed didn't get activated today either, and he would have had to have been activated today to play tomorrow, correct?

Good luck Nick, throwing to Kevin White and Trent Taylor! 

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Aiyuk, T. Williams and Deebo added on the COVID list as well and won't be playing tomorrow.

LOL, this is amazing, truly is. Um, Jordan Reed didn't get activated today either, and he would have had to have been activated today to play tomorrow, correct?

FFS. I was at least excited to see Aiyuk get some run. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

uhhhhh I know for a fact we do ZERO hitting and tackling during the season

**** chase claypool. Wearing pads doesnt mean we do hitting. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, **** me.

@Forge you get your wish, we will get a look at skule this week

SMFH. what a **** show this will be tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

FFS. I was at least excited to see Aiyuk get some run. 

Yep wanted the rook to show off his skill set. Sucks.

17 hours ago, N4L said:

Aiyuk on the jet sweep will be how we slice them up on the edges this week. My bold prediction is that he has 100+ yards rushing.

unreal

MAKE IT STOP