Week 9 GDT - Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

3 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I will say I find it weird how we throw the ball down field more with Mullens then we ever do with Jimmy. And Jimmy has the better arm between the two. Not that Jimmy's is any good lol I don't understand kyle. Maybe it's Jimmy's ankle the reason we don't but just annoying 

Honestly don't think its the plays that get called thats much different. Against the Rams and Patriots it 100% was the gameplan to go with the short stuff but last week there where a lot of plays drawn up for the intermediate to deep area where Jimmy just got off it too quick or couldn't hit his guy. You can draw a deep pass up but when your QB takes one look and checks it down it doesn't change the intention of Kyle. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Justone2 said:

Honestly don't think its the plays that get called thats much different. Against the Rams and Patriots it 100% was the gameplan to go with the short stuff but last week there where a lot of plays drawn up for the intermediate to deep area where Jimmy just got off it too quick or couldn't hit his guy. You can draw a deep pass up but when your QB takes one look and checks it down it doesn't change the intention of Kyle. 

This. You can pull up All-22 for virtually any game from Jimmy in the last year and a half and there are pre-snap reads and or post-snap recognition where you can see routes being schemed open or should come open if he manipulates the safety and Jimmy either doesn't recognize the beater or flat out doesn't pull the trigger. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Justone2 said:

Yep, @N4L has brought it up several times on the pod when watching the coach's film. There are often guys open down the field that Jimmy just isn't throwing the ball to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Yep, @N4L has brought it up several times on the pod when watching the coach's film. There are often guys open down the field that Jimmy just isn't throwing the ball to. 

Yep, its 100% the reason why I am ready to move on from Jimmy. This is year 4 in the offense. He shouldnt be missing so many guys. He is predetermining throws, not reading defenses properly, and not going through his reads. Worst of all he has been hesitant once guys are open, throwing late. 

These are not physical issues which is why the ankle injury does not serve as any sort of excuse for me. 

The really confusing part about it is that this was like the polar opposite of how he was in 2017. He went through his reads super quick. He found open guys. He had a quick trigger finger. I just dont understand where that guy went. At this point, its more likely that was a mirage rather than who he actually is, which is sad. 

Kyle said the other day he didnt need any more time to evaluate Jimmy, and that he knows who jimmy is. to me, we are moving on. lets save the 24m and give Yannick 18+. Bosa and Yannick with the DTs we have would be a beastly DL

• Like 1

15 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That was quite possibly the worst QB sneak I've seen LOL. You gotta get low Nick, the hell are you thinking? 

Jordan Love time?? 

He has been inactive all season.  I think not having TC and preseason games is the main reason.

50 minutes ago, N4L said:

Yep, its 100% the reason why I am ready to move on from Jimmy. This is year 4 in the offense. He shouldnt be missing so many guys. He is predetermining throws, not reading defenses properly, and not going through his reads. Worst of all he has been hesitant once guys are open, throwing late. 

These are not physical issues which is why the ankle injury does not serve as any sort of excuse for me. 

The really confusing part about it is that this was like the polar opposite of how he was in 2017. He went through his reads super quick. He found open guys. He had a quick trigger finger. I just dont understand where that guy went. At this point, its more likely that was a mirage rather than who he actually is, which is sad. 

Kyle said the other day he didnt need any more time to evaluate Jimmy, and that he knows who jimmy is. to me, we are moving on. lets save the 24m and give Yannick 18+. Bosa and Yannick with the DTs we have would be a beastly DL

Craziest thing is that that first half against the Jets on his hobbled ankle he did a lot of the things he should be doing. He had to focus on his feetwork which still in normal circumstances is still incosistent at best. 

I don't really agree going with Yannick at this point with basically our entire secondary on expiring contracts. 

15 hours ago, Forge said:

This team could be so different next year. 

You will be.  When you get all of your guys back plus the addition of draft picks earlier in each round now your team will be formidable once again.  We Packers fans know how disheartening it is to have your team ravaged by injuries.  It ain't fun when you have to trot out guys like Mullens (like Hundley for us in 2017) at QB and watch other teams walk all over you.

Edited by Pugger
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I don't really agree going with Yannick at this point with basically our entire secondary on expiring contracts. 

I mean we're going to sign CBs, just a question of who and when. And identifying a guy like Nagkoue makes sense especially if you'd like to ease Bosa back and not have the whole weight of our pass-rushing prowless, resting on his surgical repaired knee. 

We'll tender Moseley. And more than likely sign a vet who's a scheme fit. Along with getting extended looks at young guys like Harris and Motley. And then concetrate primarily on the secondary and OT in the draft. Not saying that's the route we should take but I can see the line of thinking if a edge presence was the focus for us in free agency. Even over a QB. 

This defense back to full strength, with a our run game can carry this team, as it did in 2019. Even with a placeholder at QB.

Edited by 757-NINER

25 minutes ago, Pugger said:

You will be.  When you get all of your guys back plus the addition of draft picks earlier in each round now your team will be formidable once again.  We Packers fans know how disheartening it is to have your team ravaged by injuries.  It ain't fun when you have to trot out guys like Mullens (like Hundley for us in 2017) at QB and watch other teams walk all over you.

Oh no, we mean from a roster turnover perspective, not the injuries.  We have a ton of free agents, very little cap room if the cap decreases. A lot of us really believe that Jimmy is going to be gone after the season. Dee Ford should be cut (not like he plays anyway, so I suppose not that different). It could be a very different team across the board. 

1 hour ago, Justone2 said:

Mosley is a RFA, so he will be back. I would bet we can have sherm back on a reasonable deal, something like 6-7m 

This defense needs a pass rush with 4. Yannick is a cornerstone type pass rusher who is very young. Those kind of guys dont become available on the free agent market very often. 

We gave dee ford 5/85 plus gave up a second round pick. I would say Yannick is easily worth 5/95 or something like that. 

Basically, lets get rid of ford and jimmy, then use that money to pay yannick, warner, williams, sherman. 

Yannick would push this defense back to elite status 

8 minutes ago, N4L said:

Mosley is a RFA, so he will be back. I would bet we can have sherm back on a reasonable deal, something like 6-7m 

This defense needs a pass rush with 4. Yannick is a cornerstone type pass rusher who is very young. Those kind of guys dont become available on the free agent market very often. 

We gave dee ford 5/85 plus gave up a second round pick. I would say Yannick is easily worth 5/95 or something like that. 

Basically, lets get rid of ford and jimmy, then use that money to pay yannick, warner, williams, sherman. 

I think its mostly that i don't view Ngakoue as a cornerstone type pass rusher. Not saying he isn't a good pass rusher but for me he isn't on the same level as a healthy Ford(I get durability is way in favor of Ngakoue and should be valued). I wouldn't complain if we signed him but looking forward it wouldn't be a move i would make. 

36 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I think its mostly that i don't view Ngakoue as a cornerstone type pass rusher. Not saying he isn't a good pass rusher but for me he isn't on the same level as a healthy Ford(I get durability is way in favor of Ngakoue and should be valued). I wouldn't complain if we signed him but looking forward it wouldn't be a move i would make. 

Ford had one really good year in 2018. Other than that, he had been solid. Ngakoue has been good and fairly consistent. In free agency, that's the going rate for good pass-rusher.Truly elite pass-rusher never hit the market so good luck waiting on one and paying them the going rate.

The key here is skillset to pair with Bosa. Ngakoue fits the type of guy you want opposite Bosa. Again, I'm not advocating for Ngakoue specifically. But I can see where N4L is coming from with wanting to make him a priority.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N4L said:

That would be a great offseason IMO. Gives Shanny flexibility to trade up for a QB too

• Like 1