Week 9 GDT - Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

10 minutes ago, N4L said:

uhhhhh I know for a fact we do ZERO hitting and tackling during the season

**** chase claypool. Wearing pads doesnt mean we do hitting. 

Well, **** me.

@Forge you get your wish, we will get a look at skule this week

I don't need to look at Skule...I know he sucks lol. I figured the team may not be resigned to that determination, however lol 

1 minute ago, N4L said:

Woke up this morning like, we will win this game and being 5-4 means we have a punchers chance at the playoffs

Now? 

Best Tank Vs Car GIFs | Gfycat

lol for real. I was actually somewhat confident we could still pull out the win. But Aiyuk & Williams out? 

Only shot is if they delay the game to Monday to allow any Niners/Packers players that were in close contact play 

We're gona roll out on an offense with Nick Mullens, Ross Dwelley, Kevin White, Trent Taylor, and Justin Skule starting LOOOOOL

Thinking back to our SNF game against them last year, our offense didnt have an amazing first half against the packers. Staley was out and skule was playing T. He played like garbage and we replaced him with brunskill, and then the yards per play figure jumped up tremendously 

So basically, skule had a bad game against GB last year. Brunskill is now our RG. I wonder if they are giving him any reps at T or what the plan is there for injury. 

15 minutes ago, N4L said:

Thinking back to our SNF game against them last year, our offense didnt have an amazing first half against the packers. Staley was out and skule was playing T. He played like garbage and we replaced him with brunskill, and then the yards per play figure jumped up tremendously 

So basically, skule had a bad game against GB last year. Brunskill is now our RG. I wonder if they are giving him any reps at T or what the plan is there for injury. 

I don’t really care what we do at this point. Honestly I’d like to see what we have in McKivitz. I was hoping we’d plug him in at RG to start the season.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I don’t really care what we do at this point. Honestly I’d like to see what we have in McKivitz. I was hoping we’d plug him in at RG to start the season.

I think they know what they have in mckivitz, a guy who is probably not strong enough right now and gets beat up in practice everyday against our DL 

He was never meant to be a starter this year or see any snaps. Tom Compton is ahead of him on the depth chart, that should tell you what you need to know 

He will probably become a viable starter after a year in the weight room adding bulk. Just not there right now in all likelihood 

I mean, maybe we play him week 17 or something, who knows.

7 hours ago, N4L said:

I think they know what they have in mckivitz, a guy who is probably not strong enough right now and gets beat up in practice everyday against our DL 

He was never meant to be a starter this year or see any snaps. Tom Compton is ahead of him on the depth chart, that should tell you what you need to know 

He will probably become a viable starter after a year in the weight room adding bulk. Just not there right now in all likelihood 

I mean, maybe we play him week 17 or something, who knows.

There's absolutely no way he's worst than Compton. I don't care what any depth chart says. A turnstile is better than Tom Compton. 

That being said, there really has been no reason to play him at this point. O-Line struggled earlier in the seaaon but other than that we really haven't needed to make changes. O-Line has been the healthiest group this year, by a long mile, with only Garland missing any significant time. I'm fine with him waiting in the wings, so to speak, if that trend continues.

We'll probably see Skule@LT and get a chance to evaluate if he has made any strides since last year. It's actually the only part of the game I'm looking forward to watching tbh.

Edited by 757-NINER

If we somehow end up winning this game, then give Shanahan COTY right now. No better coaching job done in the league with the amount of significant injuries this team has faced. It doesn't even make sense. 

It's crazy that despite losing the players we have, especially for this game, that this will still likely be a tight game that comes down to the end. Rodgers has really never dominated us, even when he's had good/great teams. 

So while I think GB wins, I think the team competes hard and the game comes down to a late GB FG as time expires.