Week 9 GDT - Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

58 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If we somehow end up winning this game, then give Shanahan COTY right now. No better coaching job done in the league with the amount of significant injuries this team has faced. It doesn't even make sense. 

Tomlin didn't win it last year in a similar situation. He only got 2 votes. 

45 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Over/under, 10 targets for Reed tonight? 

I'm waiting to see what they announce with regards to Reed playing or not, but I'm going to pick him up in fantasy and start him lol (or even Dwelley). He for sure gets like 10 targets lol. I'm going to say under, but I'll take the over on 7.5 for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Tomlin didn't win it last year in a similar situation. He only got 2 votes. 

Tomlin finished 8-8, if we win today, we will probably get 9 wins. But Tomlin lost some players, in particular Big Ben, but he didn't lose close to the amount of players we have lost. Like he still had his dominant defense for the most part stay healthy. I was listening to the radio coming to work this morning and I believe Keyshaun and someone else said Shanahan has done the best job this season. I think he will have a chance to win, but ultimately it goes to Tomlin if Pittsburgh finishes 13-3 or 14-2. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Tomlin finished 8-8, if we win today, we will probably get 9 wins. But Tomlin lost some players, in particular Big Ben, but he didn't lose close to the amount of players we have lost. Like he still had his dominant defense for the most part stay healthy. I was listening to the radio coming to work this morning and I believe Keyshaun and someone else said Shanahan has done the best job this season. I think he will have a chance to win, but ultimately it goes to Tomlin if Pittsburgh finishes 13-3 or 14-2. 

He has no shot to win if this team finishes 8-8 or even 9-7. He'll get a couple of votes. The award hasn't been won by a coach with a team having fewer than 10 wins since 1990 and it's only happened twice in 16 game seasons. 

But even still, he certainly  shouldn't win the award based on the merit of winning tonight and I would question "probably" in that discussion as well, but that's a different conversation. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He has no shot to win if this team finishes 8-8 or even 9-7. He'll get a couple of votes. The award hasn't been won by a coach with a team having fewer than 10 wins since 1990 and it's only happened twice in 16 game seasons. 

But even still, he certainly  shouldn't win the award based on the merit of winning tonight and I would question "probably" in that discussion as well, but that's a different conversation. 

Maybe not win, but he would have done as good of a job as any coach. 

If it takes 10 wins, then 10 wins it it is! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

NFL is still doing the right thing. Maybe if the game was on Sunday then it would be different, but you have to keep them quarantined for now. 

The right thing by not letting them play but the wrong thing by not moving the game 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, straighthate said:

Why is this game not moved but they’ve moved plenty of others?

I think if the Niners are losing this game in the 2nd half then Kyle Shannahan should just say the game doesn't need to be played anymore and declare the Niners the winners. If the refs want to continue with the game Kyle should say stop the clock the game is over we won. If the NFL wants to tag the Niners with a loss then proceed to fight it in court! You know this process of denying the loss seems to be keeping Trump alive in the election so why don't the Niners just employ the same tactic. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Lol that ended up not being a good trade

Won't fault the intention, definitely liked the deal initially. Didn't like the restructure and this is..just really frustrating. I hope they've learned some lessons from this. Been saying were heading towards a Ravens like limbo before we're contending again.

Mulles LOVES going to the TEs, fair to say Dwelley and Reed will be very busy tonight. Game plan is pretty clear, try to run the ball down the Packers throats and try to move the chains by going to the TEs. If the team gets behind early though? Get ready for a LONG night lol. 

Just now, John232 said:

Won't fault the intention, definitely liked the deal initially. Didn't like the restructure and this is..just really frustrating. I hope they've learned some lessons from this. Been saying were heading towards a Ravens like limbo before we're contending again.

Nah, the trade itself was fine. Just like the trade up and selection of Foster was good. They both just turned out bad lol. 

The restructure was admittedly bad, and I've been complaining about those restructures and ghost years for a while, but I can't fault them for going that route if they are that out on Jimmy G. Not being attached to the wrong QB is more important than having dead money tied into Dee Ford. 

• Like 2