Hypothetical Trade

jetsfan4life51

Q vs WR  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Q for CeeDee Lamb/Jerry Jeudy?

• Keep Q
    • Give me Lamb or Jeudy

It has been well documented on this board how for years we ignored the offensive side of the ball in our drafting. The worst by far is in 2017 when we had the 39 overall pick in the draft and Devin Cook fell in our lap and we passed up on him  for Marcus Maye who is a good player but Cook is one of the best offensive backs in the league. I push for Cook for weeks before the draft I saw all his games at Florida St. I went on one of my usual rants when we didn't pick him. And how many of you people push real hard for the Jets to  draft D K Metcalf, I know Bobby 316 was on the bandwagon to pick Metcalf, and how right was he.

Edited by doumeyer

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

Years ago I would say keep the defensive player, but today with the league being so offensive mined i would take the Offensive player. 

What you say is true, but a team still needs defensive players to limit the offensive output, hence my desire to really upgrade the Jets DB's, specifically CB.  As for Q, defensive pressure is needed to make the QB throw before he wants to, we see that every game with Sam and pressure up the gut (as we also see every Jets game) is the most disruptive way to get that pressure.  Good WR are a lot easier to obtain than a good front 7 player.  Look at the FA's every year, there are quite a few WR's relative to good front 7 players including iDL.

We can get a good WR without having to trade Q.

1 minute ago, xrade said:

What you say is true, but a team still needs defensive players to limit the offensive output, hence my desire to really upgrade the Jets DB's, specifically CB.  As for Q, defensive pressure is needed to make the QB throw before he wants to, we see that every game with Sam and pressure up the gut (as we also see every Jets game) is the most disruptive way to get that pressure.  Good WR are a lot easier to obtain than a good front 7 player.  Look at the FA's every year, there are quite a few WR's relative to good front 7 players including iDL.

We can get a good WR without having to trade Q.

I agree but the problem is we just haven't done it for years in the draft.

2 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I agree but the problem is we just haven't done it for years in the draft.

Live in the now, man.  Who cares about the past other than learning from it.  JD has already shown in one draft and offseason he is not Mac or Idzik or even Tanny.  Damn, let the man have a couple of years.

Just now, xrade said:

Live in the now, man.  Who cares about the past other than learning from it.  JD has already shown in one draft and offseason he is not Mac or Idzik or even Tanny.  Damn, let the man have a couple of years.

I am staying clear of you  today, looks like you got up on the wrong side of the bed again today. I got up at 6am walked my German Shephard heidi, for a mile the birds were singing and everything is great. 

3 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I am staying clear of you  today, looks like you got up on the wrong side of the bed again today. I got up at 6am walked my German Shephard heidi, for a mile the birds were singing and everything is great. 

That is the third time you have said that to me.  I will not respond to you posts if you are going to be so sensitive.

I said keep Q because DL guys are harder to find than WR. I also think this WR class is deeper than the DL class. You usually see good WR hit the market but a good DL guy is pretty rare. I'm sure Lamb and Jeudy are going to be good but I'm still old school and want that strong O and D line. 

• Like 1