Gute Sucks. Fire Gute.

MacReady

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

It’s just sad that we have to root against our defense for something good to happen.

I just know 100% we’re going to put up a strong performance against a depleted offense and then we will scrap our way to 15th overall defense with some truly pathetic offenses we play only to get **** ****** on national television in either the divisional or championship round.

LOL, I know it's sad, but it's also painfully, undeniably true, which of course, makes it even more sad. 

I want some details of the FO disagreement "at the highest levels" before I know what to think of Gute's role in today's events (or non-events, as it were)

I am genuinely curious who was on each side of the disagreement.  Seems likely enough that MLF was stumping for Fuller, and Gute was pumping the brakes, but that is a total assumption on my part.  If Murphy and/or Ball are stepping in and blocking deals Gute is trying to make, that's a bad sign at multiple levels.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It’s just sad that we have to root against our defense for something good to happen.

I just know 100% we’re going to put up a strong performance against a depleted offense and then we will scrap our way to 15th overall defense with some truly pathetic offenses we play only to get **** ****** on national television in either the divisional or championship round.

We have to find a way to get him out before the Jax game, because you know that's going to be the game where we have like 6 sacks and 3 ints against Mike Glennon and everyone says "we're back" on defense. 

Just now, skibrett15 said:
1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

I want some details of the FO disagreement "at the highest levels"

I read that to mean gute vs lafleur.  I didn't think it actually said "front office disagreements" it said more "organization at the highest levels"

I read it to mean the reporter is making it up because they have no actual idea lol

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

I want some details of the FO disagreement "at the highest levels" before I know what to think of Gute's role in today's events (or non-events, as it were)

I am genuinely curious who was on each side of the disagreement.  Seems likely enough that MLF was stumping for Fuller, and Gute was pumping the brakes, but that is a total assumption on my part.  If Murphy and/or Ball are stepping in and blocking deals Gute is trying to make, that's a bad sign at multiple levels.

If that is happening I think Gute would probably resign.

I read that to mean gute vs lafleur.  I didn't think it actually said "front office disagreements" it said more "organization at the highest levels"

That is the kind of my point.  Right now there are no details, and the blurb itself is vaguely worded. 

I assume most national reporters have a good bit more knowledge about inside goings on relative to the local media and fanbase.

why?

There are literally 4 people that know the discussions amongst MLF, Gute, Ball and Murphy.

You assume they are more likely to talk to national reporters about this than local ones?

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If that is happening I think Gute would probably resign.

After what went down during the last couple years of the TT era, and the steps that led up to the current FO structure, I am prepared to believe anything about the way this FO operates.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

why?

There are literally 4 people that know the discussions amongst MLF, Gute, Ball and Murphy.

You assume they are more likely to talk to national reporters about this than local ones?

will fuller's agent is probably the source.  Texans are assuredly updating him as to what is going on, because it's good business to be professional to a player who might be traded.  Cal mcnair is updating fuller's agent, and told him what was going on between the GB side of it and why the trade talks are moving forward or stalling or what to expect.

national reporters always have a better idea of what's going on under the surface.  National reporters are the only reporters who carry any value to the team from an information and knowledge perspective., because they have information about... other teams!