Gute Sucks. Fire Gute.

MacReady

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I read it to mean the reporter is making it up because they have no actual idea lol

Why the **** would Diana Russini have any info on the Packers front office. She's an east coast reporter. I laughed when I saw it.

Also, stupid thread is stupid. You goons need to step away from the internet and fire up Madden.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Really, the only person in the office that I 100% do want to see replaced is Mark Murphy. Everything started going wrong once he started trying to mess around with things like a normal owner.

oh gosh

I don't think I'd trade Murphy for anyone in the league TBH. He might be the most valuable piece of this franchise.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

oh gosh

I don't think I'd trade Murphy for anyone in the league TBH. He might be the most valuable piece of this franchise.

Financially yes, but football ops wise, depends on if he's a meddler or not, if he ever overrules Gute or LaFleur, he's a negative in that realm IMO. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Financially yes, but football ops wise, depends on if he's a meddler or not, if he ever overrules Gute or LaFleur, he's a negative in that realm IMO. 

Since you dont appear to actually know if he's a meddler or not - or if he overrules folks.....what are you saying?

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Since you dont appear to actually know if he's a meddler or not - or if he overrules folks.....what are you saying?

I'm saying he's an asset financially for sure, but I worry he meddles in football ops, which is a massive no-no from me. The way Ron Wolf had the GB GM job structured is the most successful way to run an NFL franchise.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm saying he's an asset financially for sure, but I worry he meddles in football ops, which is a massive no-no from me. The way Ron Wolf had the GB GM job structured is the most successful way to run an NFL franchise.

Understood.....but as yet has anybody said conclusively he does meddle in football ops? There's alot of conjecture thats been bandied about.....but far as I can tell, nobodies come up with proof its happening.

Fuller is a half-year rental and largely a luxury (not to mention being overrated by our fans -- this guy has never cracked over 700 yards and can't stay healthy) -- silly to complain about not giving up more than a 4th for that, IMO.

I would have rather tried to get Cobb back home, tbh.

Edited by Gopher Trace

18 hours ago, Joe said:

I'm with @vegas492; no way the cap takes a hit with both the players and owners are opposed to it. We the fans will get the bill for it probably, but...

Also, we need to take a legit look at our defense. We're not bitching about ILB anymore, our secondary needs to be in a better scheme and we're two halfway decent IDL's away from a solid front-7. The draft and a new DC should be able to fix most of these issues or at least get them to the point in which they're no longer liabilities.

Just to be clear @vegas492 believes there is a chance that the cap remains flat.  

Regarding the defense...it is really hard to evaluate these guys with the junk they are being asked to run.

I really can't speculate much on what we should draft right now.

My personal opinion is that we need to draft an ILB with the first pick and second pick.  Let's settle this debate once and for all.  Go full tilt on ILB and see if they can transform a defense.