Jump to content
Outpost31

Gute Sucks. Fire Gute.

Recommended Posts

On 11/3/2020 at 10:21 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Guys, quit freaking out about the 175 Million cap number. If that's the case, the whole league is ****ed, not just us. Nobody will be able to resign their free agents. 

Rosters are going to be decimated across the league, especially the contenders. 

I'm as down on the defense as anybody, but it's not the defensive roster that's the problem. 

This.  Exactly this.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to give a new approach to our drafting, at least for Rodgers's final years.

That and we have sucked.........and I mean SUUUUUUUUCCCCKEED at drafting defensive players over the entire last decade with a few notable exceptions.  I know you cannot hit on all of them, but jesus, how many Perry, Datone Jones, Randall, Rollins, Worthy, King, Khyri, Montravious Adamses do we need to draft.  Obviously we need to draft some (Jaire, Clay, Raji), but we seem to be much.........much worse than most teams who insist on drafting so consistently on defenses.  We have been using Rodgers as a crutch to keep us alive long enough.  If we are gonna suck on defense with high picks being used regularly on them, lets suck on defense with low picks instead.  We apparently suck the same with first round defenders as we do with day three defensive players.

The new best defense is a good offense.  If we cannot get the personnel or the coaching to build us at least an average defense.........the next three years lets try just going all out offense.  Lets win some games 48-45 if thats what it takes.  Lets build an offense that makes other teams so miserable that they mentally relegate to the fact that we are going to hang touchdowns on them all day.  If some of our day 3 defensive picks hit, great, but we gotta go WR, TE, OL haaaaaard these next upcoming years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

We need to give a new approach to our drafting, at least for Rodgers's final years.

That and we have sucked.........and I mean SUUUUUUUUCCCCKEED at drafting defensive players over the entire last decade with a few notable exceptions.  I know you cannot hit on all of them, but jesus, how many Perry, Datone Jones, Randall, Rollins, Worthy, King, Khyri, Montravious Adamses do we need to draft.  Obviously we need to draft some (Jaire, Clay, Raji), but we seem to be much.........much worse than most teams who insist on drafting so consistently on defenses.  We have been using Rodgers as a crutch to keep us alive long enough.  If we are gonna suck on defense with high picks being used regularly on them, lets suck on defense with low picks instead.  We apparently suck the same with first round defenders as we do with day three defensive players.

The new best defense is a good offense.  If we cannot get the personnel or the coaching to build us at least an average defense.........the next three years lets try just going all out offense.  Lets win some games 48-45 if thats what it takes.  Lets build an offense that makes other teams so miserable that they mentally relegate to the fact that we are going to hang touchdowns on them all day.  If some of our day 3 defensive picks hit, great, but we gotta go WR, TE, OL haaaaaard these next upcoming years.

If Gute decides to switch drafting strategies -  one that loads up talent specifically for AR - then he’s an idiot.  He will have essentially blown last years draft, and, it’ll take beyond a year for next years draft class to contribute full steam, at which point Rodgers is most likely gone.  Gute really has no choice but to stay the course.  He needed to commit to giving Rodgers help last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gutekunst sucks. 

He has not done a damn thing in 8 months for this roster.

No run stuffing NT. Signed a below average ILB in free agency. Didn't get another weapon that can run and stretch a defense.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

If Gute decides to switch drafting strategies -  one that loads up talent specifically for AR - then he’s an idiot.  He will have essentially blown last years draft, and, it’ll take beyond a year for next years draft class to contribute full steam, at which point Rodgers is most likely gone.  Gute really has no choice but to stay the course.  He needed to commit to giving Rodgers help last year.

He already is an idiot, but moving rodgers while he is still under contract would shoot him into the stratosphere of idiocy.  If we even contemplate trading Rodgers when he is playing like this that is not just a firing offense, that is a send you and your entire family to the gulag in Novosibirsk, Siberia for twenty years hard labor offense. 

It doesnt even matter what the numbers look like, you bite that cap bullet every time and smile while you do it up until 2023 Jordan Love and last years draft be damned.  This is not a Favre situation.  Rodgers has never at one point been wishy washy about his future.

Edited by HeresAGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I hate to dig it up, but upon further review of this week, Kumerow >>>>>>>>>>Darius Sheppard, but then again an individually wrapped slice of cheese is better than Darius Sheppard.  Darrius Sheppard should have never at any point been on our roster this year for any reason.  You bring back JMon Moore before Darius Shepphard, hes that bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FAH1223 said:

Gutekunst sucks. 

He has not done a damn thing in 8 months for this roster.

No run stuffing NT. Signed a below average ILB in free agency. Didn't get another weapon that can run and stretch a defense.

 

Watching other teams with so much firepower, it’s hard not to be jealous but we will hopefully get healthy and be dangerous heading into January.

Also, cut Kirksey a little slack.  He just had his best game with us by far and could become a reason why this D gets closer to where we need to be. 
 

This could still be a fun ride this year but what we do this offseason is a big one.  If the last two years of picks develop and we add some real weapons,  Gute will make his mark. If they wilt, so will his legacy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HeresAGuy said:

And I hate to dig it up, but upon further review of this week, Kumerow >>>>>>>>>>Darius Sheppard, but then again an individually wrapped slice of cheese is better than Darius Sheppard.  Darrius Sheppard should have never at any point been on our roster this year for any reason.  You bring back JMon Moore before Darius Shepphard, hes that bad.

He's fine as a WR 5 or 6. Never should have been our returner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FAH1223 said:

Gutekunst sucks. 

He has not done a damn thing in 8 months for this roster.

No run stuffing NT. Signed a below average ILB in free agency. Didn't get another weapon that can run and stretch a defense.

 

Clark is our run stuffing NT. We went gun ho in FA last year and we have a lot of big contracts that are coming up. Signed Bakh and Clark to long term deals. I think he deserves criticism for his first 2 picks in the draft, but I dont think Gute has ****ed up our team yet.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Remember that time Gute signed an all pro LT to a long term contract?

Are we allowed to acknowledge positives?  How about that we're 20-6 in the regular season over the last two years?  We could have won the Colts game many different ways, but choked it off with two fumbles late in the game?  Our roster is much improved from 4 years ago, our defensive scheme????….not so much.

2020 seems to be the year of the tantrum, so keep going haters.  This isn't like buying groceries, you don't just make a list and go buy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My quick take on his offseasons:

 

Draft wise- With the definition of average being 1 high end player or 2 second contract players, I'd grade his drafts:

2018- C+- Jaire, and a few role players (MVS probably will be in the league awhile as a 3/4th niche deep threat... a bunch of probably just first contract guys).

2019- B- This was a decent draft (maybe 3 second contract players, none really high end though). Jenkins is like an average OL. Gary/Savage is engimas. Keke might be a decent player. Maybe Sternberger is a #2 TE that is on the team awhile

2020- Incomplete  Unless Love pans out, this could be a F. Backup/Rotation guys in Martin/Runyan are the only guys playing. Deguara/Dillion have shown a little but injuries. Questionable positional value in round 2/3. The only defense for him in this is the board went really bad.

FA 2018- No flexibility, non descript.

FA 2019 was nice bringing in 4 starters. One or 2 of them probably get cut this year (Preston, maybe Turner).

FA 2020 was meh (Kinsley/Wagener probably get cut... low risk deals). I do get them though, we are getting a few comp picks (probably at least a 4/5/6, maybe 2 4s and a 6) this offseason, so draft 2021 will be interesting. We did bring in a WR but he went covid IR. Emmanual Sanders also didn't want to play here so he at least tried.

 

Before 2020 I would have probably given him a B. This year has been a pretty big fail though. He isn't going anywhere after this year, but if Love bombs and we go awall next year, I could see a move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...