GDT: Titans (5-2) at Bears (5-3)

Mesa_Titan

1 hour ago, Titan89 said:

Lol I love this analogy. It's how I feel watching the Walking Dead most episodes. Sometimes I wonder why am I watching this show but I've seen every episode and dang it will see it through.

Seriously though solid win today. Nice to see 3rd down stops but oh man is the Bears offense bad plus good today we took advantage of back up lineman. Next week though we got to take on a very good o line.

Pros to me from this game:

Allen did a great job punting and Overton was snapping well. Also Allen and Gostkowski obviously have the past for the holding.

Secondary was better without Joseph.

Simmons and Jones were great, Landry and Roberson looked solid starting.

Tairt was solid imo would like to see him more.

King decent debut awesome fumble return TD.

The offense today was hit and miss. Tannehill to Brown is usually a beautiful connection. Brown is the receiver we have waited so long for.

Henry was mostly bottled up but I think once the score got further apart they were maintaining him.

Davis had some bad drops today.

Tannehill had some more shaky throws.

The offensive line allowed too much pressure today. We cannot afford to lose Saffold.

Nice to see Jonnu Smith get more involved at the end. I don't get why we take him off the field so often on third down.

Sambrailo and Kelly are doing fine as the bookend tackles but you can tell Lewan is very missed.

Walking Dead is the exact show I was thinking of. lol

The offensive struggle was the most disappointing.  Uncharacteristic drops and bad throws from them. 
I still don't like our passing game outside of the play action game. 
A lot of 2 man routes that if covered leads to sacks as we saw today. 

But. I'll tune in next game!  lol 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Also it makes me sad but I don't think Corey Davis will be back. He can't win one-on-ones often enough.  I think we could get a guy in the draft or free agency to do what we need him to do opposite AJ Brown.

His consistency is what stops him from being a #1 guy. Too often he’ll follow a big game like last week with a dud like today’s game. Just take a look at the best games of his career and how he followed them up. You’re not sure which one is going to show up game in and game out. Compare that to AJ Brown who’s almost guaranteed at least 50 yards and/or a TD pretty much every game.

Still love him as a player but with the other potential free agents on the team, you’re probably right.

8 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Walking Dead is the exact show I was thinking of. lol

The offensive struggle was the most disappointing.  Uncharacteristic drops and bad throws from them. 
I still don't like our passing game outside of the play action game. 
A lot of 2 man routes that if covered leads to sacks as we saw today. 

But. I'll tune in next game!  lol 

Art has his bread and butter plays and that’s it

this offense must improve or we are screwed 

10 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Also it makes me sad but I don't think Corey Davis will be back. He can't win one-on-ones often enough.  I think we could get a guy in the draft or free agency to do what we need him to do opposite AJ Brown.

I think it’s 50/50 depending on his asking price, who you rather have hump or a Davis & hump has no more guaranteed money left on his deal & to be honest we didn’t even give RT enough time to throw the OL was inconsistent. 

16 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I think it’s 50/50 depending on his asking price, who you rather have hump or a Davis & hump has no more guaranteed money left on his deal & to be honest we didn’t even give RT enough time to throw the OL was inconsistent. 

I like Davis

I think yesterday was his worst game as a Titan

Unfortunately I never expected him to be back next year 

Between the price and the inconsistency I just don’t think he’ll be back

Titans will need to find a guy to be Robin to AJ Brown being Batman

Hopefully Davis shakes off yesterday and finishes strong  

Edited by Titans fan 617

Don’t know about you guys but I’m in Colts mode already 

This is a huge part of our season 

I don’t want to be a team that back doors into the playoffs year after year 

I’m a believer in playing tough schedules battle testing you for the playoffs 

Titans definitely need to win 2 of the next 3

Honestly and selfishly I want to win the next 3

I really don’t want to lose to 3 or all 4 of the AFC North teams so I kind of want to beat Baltimore 

But most importantly the Titans need to find a way to atleast beat the Colts twice especially with the Colts playing the Packers in between us

13 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Tanny def hasn’t been the same since Lewan went down. All completely understandable 

but if we are going to have a successful season (division title, playoff run), he’s going to have to step up and play better. The whole O will. We need to learn how to play and score points without Lewan. He’s a great player and plays a super important position. But we have to find a way. Because right now our O isn’t as close to as scary as it potentially could’ve been. 

frankly. This is what we are paying tannehill to do. He’s getting serious money and needs to do his part to overcome this loss as everyone else on O does 

Obviously you want him to play better, but any QB is going to have a more difficult time sustaining the high level of play they had when the protection was great when the protection all the sudden goes south. That's just the sad reality of it that our team isn't going to be as good as it was when it had one of the best players in the NFL at one of the most valuable positions.

It's not that we won't have good games with Sambraillo, but the consistency will be harder to maintain.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 1

I don't know why Roberson was ever less involved than Beasley. Well I do, it's because they made a 10m dollar mistake and they wanted to be sure of it before cutting him loose.

Even still, Roberson looked better last year than Beasley did at any point this season. It was an easy choice. Roberson looked like a solid depth player in spots last year.

14 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I don't know why Roberson was ever less involved than Beasley. Well I do, it's because they made a 10m dollar mistake and they wanted to be sure of it before cutting him loose.

Even still, Roberson looked better last year than Beasley did at any point this season. It was an easy choice. Roberson looked like a solid depth player in spots last year.

good to keep in mind though that this was probably the worst OL we’ll play all year. colts will be a big test next week. regardless though i like to see us actually rotating players and keeping guys fresh