Seattle Seahawks @ Buffalo Bills -- Week 9

showtime

The Bills come into this game 6-2 and have been impressive all season. Josh Allen is having a great season and Stefon Diggs is playing some amazing ball. The Allen/Diggs combo is one of the best in the league and seems to be nearly impossible to stop. The Bills defense hasn't played all that great the past few weeks, I don't think.  They're still a quality unit, though.

For Seattle - another week another Jamal Adams watch.  At this point, I'm just not expecting Adams to play, but he'd be great in this game because of Allen's mobility.

Carroll said after Sunday's game that Adams, who has missed four games with a groin injury, should be back this week. Adams will, however, need to make it through his first full week of practice in order to be ready for Sunday's game.

Carson, who missed Sunday's game with a mid-foot sprain, will test the injury late in the week to get a better feel for if he can make it back.

"Chris, he's got he's got a sore foot that's getting better and feeling better," Carroll said.

Hyde, who sat out with a hamstring injury, could have a hard time getting back this week, Carroll said: "Carlos has got a hamstring he's trying to come back from. It's hard to get that done in a couple week's time, so we'll see."

They key to this game is going to be the defense forcing Allen to make mistakes. Adding Dunlap, Adams, Green (think) this week can help make this happen. I really hope KNJ keeps the aggressive manufactured pressure style utilized against San Fran here. Just need to avoid letting JA run wild.

• Like 1

I think it's shaping up to be a high scoring affair on Sunday. The Bills have been playing in some sloppy weather the past month but the forecast in Buffalo is looking like mid 60's, no clouds and minimal wind. 

Josh Allen had a tremendous start to the season but I'd say (2) factors have made the last couple weeks worse. 1 is how defenses are playing him and 2 is the weather not allowing the Bills to pass 30-40 times a game. In JA first two seasons, NFL teams wanted to take away his running ability and make him beat them with his arm. That was how defenses played him in the first couple weeks of 2020 and he ate them up. You are now seeing the teams take away the pass and let Josh run if he wants. BB and the Patriots last week went with 6-7 DBs on EVERY play and didn't blitz. Essentially saying we'll clog up all the passing lanes but run all you want. I'm very interested to see how PC and the Seahawks are going to scheme it up. 

The Bills D has been a big let down so far and we still have key injuries on that side of the ball so I'm not expecting to stop Russ and that O. The only silver lining is the Bills best part of their D is the secondary (Tre White, Poyer, Hyde) so im interested to see if they'll just run it down our throat, or if they'll test our back 4. 

I'll go Seahawks 34, Bills 28 but I can see it going either way. JA is due for a monster game soon so i think it'll come this week or next week vs AZ. Here's to no injuries!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

I think it's shaping up to be a high scoring affair on Sunday. The Bills have been playing in some sloppy weather the past month but the forecast in Buffalo is looking like mid 60's, no clouds and minimal wind. 

Josh Allen had a tremendous start to the season but I'd say (2) factors have made the last couple weeks worse. 1 is how defenses are playing him and 2 is the weather not allowing the Bills to pass 30-40 times a game. In JA first two seasons, NFL teams wanted to take away his running ability and make him beat them with his arm. That was how defenses played him in the first couple weeks of 2020 and he ate them up. You are now seeing the teams take away the pass and let Josh run if he wants. BB and the Patriots last week went with 6-7 DBs on EVERY play and didn't blitz. Essentially saying we'll clog up all the passing lanes but run all you want. I'm very interested to see how PC and the Seahawks are going to scheme it up. 

The Bills D has been a big let down so far and we still have key injuries on that side of the ball so I'm not expecting to stop Russ and that O. The only silver lining is the Bills best part of their D is the secondary (Tre White, Poyer, Hyde) so im interested to see if they'll just run it down our throat, or if they'll test our back 4. 

I'll go Seahawks 34, Bills 28 but I can see it going either way. JA is due for a monster game soon so i think it'll come this week or next week vs AZ. Here's to no injuries!

Seattle is definitely going to throw the ball a lot.  A few weeks ago, Patrick Peterson did an amazing job on DK Metcalf, so I'm interested to see how White does against him. Peterson followed Metcalf all around the field, so not sure if White will also do that.

Jamal Admas is back for Seattle. He's missed the last four games with an injury. This will also be Carlos Dunlap's first game as a Seahawk.

Despite being new to the team, Dunlap shouldn't have any trouble being ready for Sunday's game, Carroll said: "The good thing is he just took a week off. He's been practicing, preparing, playing games, all that. So no concern about anything other than how he handles the learning part of it, which he's a vet, and getting through our first walk-through, he handled everything just right. I don't see any restriction at all on him playing this week. We'll find out during the week and all, but really excited to have him out here, and he's really pumped about being part of it.

Jamal Adams: "He's practicing today, he's full-go," Carroll said. "I'm really excited to tell you that. He's gotten all the way to the point—he was close last week and would have had a chance last week, couldn't get him caught up—but he's ready to go and pumped, and we are too, really looking forward to it."

6 hours ago, YaddaHolla said:

Is Dallas going to get a big chunk of the snaps again? Or is it going to be more of a 50-50 split with Homer? 

Seems like both Carson and Hyde are out for tomorrow's game.

The Seattle Seahawks will get All-Pro safety Jamal Adams back from his four-game absence but will be without running backs Chris Carson and Carlos Hyde Sunday against the Buffalo Bills.

5 hours ago, Sacks98 said:

Honestly could see this going either way Russell needs to score big in every game like he has done for the most part because i don't see the defense vastly improving 7 games in.

You make a valid point, but the defense has been without Jamal Adams the past four weeks. Adams is a big time game changer. Also, they brought in Carlos Dunlap. Dunlap played very well last year, according to stats. He's been a disappointment this year, but some are saying he needed a change of scenery.  If Dunlap can play well, he and Adams can help improve this defense a good amount.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, showtime said:

You make a valid point, but the defense has been without Jamal Adams the past four weeks. Adams is a big time game changer. Also, they brought in Carlos Dunlap. Dunlap played very well last year, according to stats. He's been a disappointment this year, but some are saying he needed a change of scenery.  If Dunlap can play well, he and Adams can help improve this defense a good amount.

True but even when the defense had Adams the defense was bad hopefully Dunlap can add something to the pass rush the defense badly needs it.

Edited by Sacks98

On 11/5/2020 at 10:07 AM, animaltested said:

They key to this game is going to be the defense forcing Allen to make mistakes. Adding Dunlap, Adams, Green (think) this week can help make this happen. I really hope KNJ keeps the aggressive manufactured pressure style utilized against San Fran here. Just need to avoid letting JA run wild.

Whelp, they did the complete opposite here, sitting back and getting booty blasted by Allen.

Buffalo forced Russ to make mistakes. 

Oof.

• Like 1