Nuggets, Gary Harris Sign 4 Year, $84M Extension

11sanchez11

7 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Don't think this has been posted in a non-Nuggets thread yet.

Their core of Murray/Harris/Milsap/Jokic is rock solid. Excited for the Nuggets this season, just wish they would be at least competent defensively. If they are that, they could give any of the top 4 teams fits in the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Their core of Murray/Harris/Milsap/Jokic is rock solid. Excited for the Nuggets this season, just wish they would be at least competent defensively. If they are that, they could give any of the top 4 teams fits in the playoffs. 

If they even make the playoffs.... 

West be tough yo

6 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I thought I posted this in the offseason thread? Did one of the mods make a title because there is no way I did. Can the mods make a thread from someone else's post? 

Yes, I have the ability to split threads to create new ones.  We need to do a better job of starting more threads and creating discussion.  I'm not saying that posters need to make new threads for every single transaction, but notable ones like this are perfectly fine to create.

I love this deal. It's actually 4 and 74 million guaranteed with 10 million in pretty tough to meet incentives so it's a great deal.

He's a top 10 shooting guard (still improving) and a perfect fit next to Jokic. His offense was fantastic last year and he just needs to make a jump defensively, which I hope will happen since the Nuggets are using a more aggressive system and he has super active hands. He's really underrated, the replies to this deal on twitter were too good. 

22 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

If they even make the playoffs.... 

West be tough yo

5-11 could finish in any order (alot may come down to health), but I do think the Nuggets healthy are a tier above a couple of those teams. Will definitely be a disappointment if they miss the playoffs 

20 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I mean I guess its a good deal in the new NBA, but man 20 million a year for Gary Harris?

The Rockets gave 20 million a year to Ryan Anderson. This is a fair deal for an emerging young talent with the potential to be a borderline top 5 SG.

5 minutes ago, Darkness said:

The Rockets gave 20 million a year to Ryan Anderson. This is a fair deal for an emerging young talent with the potential to be a borderline top 5 SG.

50% from the field, 42% from three, 15ppg and he fits with the star player on the team. For slightly more than THJ and less than Oladipo....Now - both of those are bad contracts, but Gary as a above average to excellent starter for around 18.5 per year is very reasonable. Factor his age and the fact that he is a homegrown talent and it is a total no brainer. 

23 minutes ago, Darkness said:

I mean I don't consider Anderson and Harris comparable but if you do I guess it's a solid deal. 

Personally i think Anderson is worth about 12 and Harris about 16, but you can over value Anderson if you want. 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

50% from the field, 42% from three, 15ppg and he fits with the star player on the team. For slightly more than THJ and less than Oladipo....Now - both of those are bad contracts, but Gary as a above average to excellent starter for around 18.5 per year is very reasonable. Factor his age and the fact that he is a homegrown talent and it is a total no brainer. 

Yep. Jokic/Harris/Murray are the three youngsters that will ultimately decide the fate of the Nuggets for years to come. You don't think twice of giving that deal to Harris. He's only 23 years old and could improve in a few areas. The Nuggets defense overall last year was GARBAGE, but Harris is one of the guys on the team that could at least make it decent. Milsap is a solid defender, and if Harris/Murray could get better there, then this becomes a 47-50ish win ball club. Because offensively they will score with pretty much anyone. Completely shot the Warriors out of the gym last year.

Archived