Raiders Offense Thread 2.0:

MrOaktown_56

8 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

That makes ....

M.Collins’ 6.0M for 6 solo tackles and 6 asst tackles, 1 QB hit, 0 sacks, 6 pressures 

Carl Nassib’s 3y,25M (and a cap hit of 9.5M in ‘21 that’s guaranteed 5.75M) for 16 solo Tkls and 11 asst tackles, 2.5 sacks, 5 PD, 9 QB hits, 12 pressures, 1 int

..... look like a massive steal!!

Remember when I was critical of the 2nd year guarantees in Nassibs contract and several of you said I was being ridiculous and he’s gonna be a 8+ sack DE and monster versus the run?  Yeah.... well I do.

Thank god we signed these two guys.... they really helped us and were worth the money (sarcasm)

I hated nassib signing to. But was told wait and see and that 8 mill a year was a fair number for him. 

22 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I hated nassib signing to. But was told wait and see and that 8 mill a year was a fair number for him. 

As I said from day 1 I could stomach 8.0m for year 1 but there’s was no way we should have broken from our standard contract of no guaranteed money after year 1.... that way we wouldn’t be stuck with him if he wasn’t worth it.  If someone wanted to pay him more they could have him he was never going to be a huge additional to this team.  Now we’re stuck paying him 9.5m to stay or 5.75m to go.

30 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I see him as a place holder for Ruggs.  We need a bigger possession type WR more.  He is not as valuable to use if we are going to get usage out of Ruggs.  That is why I said if we did not have Ruggs I would pay Agholor more money.

I fully agree.... the problem is his Production of 900yds + 8 TDs means he’s not coming back for 5m.... zero chance

i think there’s definitely a role in this offense for both Ruggs and Agholor though.  I’d try try and sign him for 7.5m

Hopefully Edwards steps up as the big WR and try and draft a WR in mid rounds.

24 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I fully agree.... the problem is his Production of 900yds + 8 TDs means he’s not coming back for 5m.... zero chance

i think there’s definitely a role in this offense for both Ruggs and Agholor though.  I’d try try and sign him for 7.5m

Hopefully Edwards steps up as the big WR and try and draft a WR in mid rounds.

7-8 m sounds nice... that speed with Agholor and Ruggs, the size to the moves the chains with Edwards and Waller. Good compliment of weapons....

I’m letting TW kick rocks and bringing back Agholor, gonna have to spend more than what we got him last offseason, but he has some chemistry with DC and I’m sure Chucky will look to bring him back. We can’t go into next season with Renfrow, Edwards and Ruggs, even though I think they are the future. Bring back Agholor and another FA Vet similar to what we did with NA last year as insurance in case the youngsters down make the next step. 

I’m bringing Trent and Good back and moving on from Gabe and Richie(injuries). I’m hoping Simpson can improve with coaching and we sign a vet G. We desperately need some OT depth, Parker and Young are Gross. 

Hopefully Witten retires and we move forward with DW, Moreau and Carrier. 

DC is my QB and Mariota has to go, not that I don’t like MM, but it’s a waste for cap. I’ll look for a cheap vet and continue to groom Peterman.

I think we should cut Richard and look to improve RB depth. 

Bring Agholor back. 

Let go of Williams, Trent, Richie, and Gabe.

Kick Witten to the curb if only for the fact we have like 5 TEs. Waller, Moreau, and Carrier as a blocker is more than enough. 

Let Richard go, bring Booker back. 

Let Mariota go unless he's willing to extensively restructure his contract. 

Carr wants to be a Raider. I'd see about getting an extension done while we're still down and out of the playoffs and he's got the fighting spirit. Obviously, Mahomes broke the market, and there's a few guys who are going to sign massive deals soon. Carr's current contract is a relative bargain for a proven starter, even if only as a bridge QB with what guys are about to start commanding. 

That's my offseason on offense for now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Bring Agholor back. 

Let go of Williams, Trent, Richie, and Gabe.

Kick Witten to the curb if only for the fact we have like 5 TEs. Waller, Moreau, and Carrier as a blocker is more than enough. 

Let Richard go, bring Booker back. 

Carr wants to be a Raider. I'd see about getting an extension done while we're still down and out of the playoffs and he's got the fighting spirit. Obviously, Mahomes broke the market, and there's a few guys who are going to sign massive deals soon. Carr's current contract is a relative bargain for a proven starter, even if only as a bridge QB with what guys are about to start commanding. 

That's my offseason on offense for now.

As much as it may freak me out, we can't get rid of 3 OL. Unless we have a contingency plan. Good is also a free agent.

All the moving parts will definitely be intriguing.

26 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

As much as it may freak me out, we can't get rid of 3 OL. Unless we have a contingency plan. Good is also a free agent.

All the moving parts will definitely be intriguing.

Sign Scherff and re-sign Good. Draft an OT at some point.

Need Ruggs to take a month off go on vacation get away from the game and then call up Carr and those two need to work together all off season: 

Ruggs needs to work on his route running and clean it up and he needs to work on playing faster once he gets the ball into his hands. This offseason is so important for him and his future as a player. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Need Ruggs to take a month off go on vacation get away from the game and then call up Carr and those two need to work together all off season: 

Ruggs needs to work on his route running and clean it up and he needs to work on playing faster once he gets the ball into his hands. This offseason is so important for him and his future as a player. 

Ruggs and Edwards need to move into Carr's house so they can run routes with him every day for a minimum of 5 hours. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Agreed. He needs a massive restructure or he needs to be cut. We can spend a mid round pick on a backup/developmental guy and bring back Peterman who has 3 years in the system. 

3 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

There has to be a trade market for Mariota. A bunch of teams have a need at QB.

My buddy’s (Niner, dall, no) were talking about the trade market for carr vs mm And it got really interesting. 

I wonder how their trade market compares

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

My buddy’s (Niner, dall, no) were talking about the trade market for carr vs mm And it got really interesting. 

I doubt you can get more than a 3rd for Mariota and i'm sure you can get much more for Carr.

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I'm not sure how much value MM really has on the trade market tbh. IIRC his cap hit is like $10.7M so he's likely a cut candidate and can be had on the free agent market. Not to mention he dealt with injury problems in Tennessee and was hurt for most of this season before his 1 good game in spot up duty. Carr on the other hand probably has quite a bit of trade value. He's going into his prime on an extremely team friendly deal over the next two seasons ($22.1M in '21 w/$2.5M in dead cap then 19.8M in '22 w/$0 in dead cap). You'd have to assume you'd net at least a 1st round pick for him coming off of a career year (4,103 yards, 69% comp, 27 TD) and probably even more than that.