Raiders Offense Thread 2.0:

MrOaktown_56

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

By Trade market I mean teams not value

I think Carr definitely would have a much larger trade market than Mariota as well. If Mariota isn't willing to restructure he's likely going to be cut and hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy in years. If we made Carr available I'm sure we'd get a ton of interest from teams like San Francisco, Indy, New England, Washington, and a few others. 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think Carr definitely would have a much larger trade market than Mariota as well. If Mariota isn't willing to restructure he's likely going to be cut and hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy in years. If we made Carr available I'm sure we'd get a ton of interest from teams like San Francisco, Indy, New England, Washington, and a few others. 

But even people here say no cold weather teams so that kinda eliminates some

26 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

But even people here say no cold weather teams so that kinda eliminates some

I saw a rumor on twitter that the Patriots offered us their 1st round pick for Carr, FWIW. Either way for a team like Indianapolis, especially if Rivers retires, Carr would be worth a 1st and more. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I saw a rumor on twitter that the Patriots offered us their 1st round pick for Carr, FWIW. Either way for a team like Indianapolis, especially if Rivers retires, Carr would be worth a 1st and more. 

If he can figure out the cold weather issue I believe Carr would have an amazing career in NE.  BB focuses on the areas that Carr lacks and would elevate Carr to be a much better QB.  I do not like Carr with Gruden.  Conservative coach and a conservative QB is not a good mix.  Gruden tells Carr he needs to run more but BB will tell him when ti run and what circumstances he should do it as they approach.  I remember watching a video of BB wetting balls in practice before a matchup when the weather was perfect.  The players thought he was crazy but sure enough when it came to game time it was raining and they were prepared.  We do not know if our coaches even understand about having our players acclimate to different time zones.  Not saying Carr is Tom Brady but he is closer to him than he is to Newton.

5 hours ago, Geezy said:

if we can get a 5th for Mariota, i do it, 

absolutely. i'd still love him as a backup based on what we saw, but he's way too expensive for that role. for all the talk about the khalil mack money, we spent 20+ mil on mariota + trent brown this past year

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

What?!? Give up a capable backup for a shot in the dark late round draft pick, why?

Again with the overvaluing draft picks.... 

I mainly just want to get rid of that salary, and if you can get a 5, why not? 

26 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Good is fine, but i dont know if he's necessarily starter material. Run game was noticeably weaker this year with Incognito out. 

That's what I'm saying. Pass blocking was pretty good but run blocking was miserable. It wasn't there with richie and trent. IMO with healthy trent and richie we scored more in the redzone and would have been a top 5 scoring offense.