Raiders Offense Thread 2.0:

MrOaktown_56

20 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

As much as it may freak me out, we can't get rid of 3 OL. Unless we have a contingency plan. Good is also a free agent.

All the moving parts will definitely be intriguing.

I'd bring Good back. 

Imo, he and Parker have played well enough to get a shot. Miller, Parker, Good, Hudson make 4/5 of the line at bare minimum not factoring in upgrades via FA/Draft. Not to say both would start, but I'm cool with them getting the opportunity. Hopefully Simpson has some improvement with a (hopefully) non-Covid offseason. 

I expect us to have some new faces, hence me not being too worried about getting rid of the 3 (unless 1 or 2 of them want to take pay cuts). 

I'd have to imagine there's some multifaceted contingency plan like that (FA additions, draft, in-house replacements). 

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'd bring Good back. 

Imo, he and Parker have played well enough to get a shot. Miller, Parker, Good, Hudson make 4/5 of the line at bare minimum not factoring in upgrades via FA/Draft. Not to say both would start, but I'm cool with them getting the opportunity. Hopefully Simpson has some improvement with a (hopefully) non-Covid offseason. 

I expect us to have some new faces, hence me not being too worried about getting rid of the 3 (unless 1 or 2 of them want to take pay cuts). 

I'd have to imagine there's some multifaceted contingency plan like that (FA additions, draft, in-house replacements). 

I'll be more happy when I see it.

On 1/1/2021 at 8:39 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

Clearly that is your opinion.  Edwards and Moreau never see the field so the coaching staff's opinion differs from yours. 

Jacobs and Ingold at the goal line are good but beyond 10 yards they have not been effective and are not legit receiving threats in the red zone.  We are very predictable in the RZ and that is due to a lack of threats that preform well in tight spaces. 

Sure it is my opinion. 

When your team is struggling in the RZ to me it is bad coaching not to try to ide guys like Edwards a lot more.

As we get down to the RZ Gruden gets conservative and settles for the FG too easily IMO.

Similar to when we are leading in a game...

He spends most of the cap space on offense, he is an offensive master mind (at least in his own mind), so he needs to be better in the RZ and needs to take away games with his offense IMO.

He didn't do that so far and failed miserably with his DC pick...not a winning formula to me...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rolni said:

He spends most of the cap space on offense, he is an offensive master mind (at least in his own mind), so he needs to be better in the RZ and needs to take away games with his offense IMO

agreed with in his own mind. 
but an Offensive master mind, needs to realize he should spend money on the D, because he can scheme guys into place on O. 

BB constantly lets guys walk on D, because he knows he can coach up talent for cheap. 
Gruden gets all this hype for being a great O coach, but all he really does is spend 70% of our cap on the O lol
of course its going to be better than our D haha

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

BB constantly lets guys walk on D, because he knows he can coach up talent for cheap. 
Gruden gets all this hype for being a great O coach, but all he really does is spend 70% of our cap on the O lol
of course its going to be better than our D haha

Nelson Agholor: vet minimum. Better than anybody on D we spent millions on.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Nelson Agholor: vet minimum. Better than anybody on D we spent millions on.

Agholor was a great find. no doubt. 
but he was a top draft pick for a reason and had shown some ability in philly. 
it was a low risk high reward play that definitely played out. 

but if you bring up Agholor, ill counter with: martavis bryant, zay jones, trevor davis.
He finally hit on one . . . which is great, but on a one year vet minimum contract it really only helped Agholor out. 

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

My point was we spent more on D than O last offseason and still got the results on O. I think our offensive coaching staff is pretty good. Cable, Bennett, Frank Smith are good coaches.

hmm i guess but our O was already the strong point heading into the last offseason. 
we still spend 2 of our top 3 picks on WR too (arguably 3 of top 4). . . which seemed like a little much when our O was already better than our D. 

Our O is not the problem. and while they are far from perfect, we are a very good football team if we can get an average D. 

I have no problem with our O Coaching staff, the only thing Id like is someone who will speak their mind to Gruden. I fear we have to many yes man on the O side. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

but why are you not counting draft picks as part of the investment ratio? 
Mayock said before the draft that 3rd rounders should become starters on our team... 

Because i quoted you talking about the cap.

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

Because i quoted you talking about the cap.

ok so to recap, I said,
if Gruden is an Offensive mastermind, he shouldnt need to spend big money on the O
after spending big money on the D last year as you pointed out, we still had 57% of our cap going to the O and 35% going to the D
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/positional/

I said to keep spending on the D . my thesis again is, If Gruden is an offensive mastermind, he should be able to make work with less. 

Is your position that we should not spend on the D because it didnt turn out last year?

trying to figure out what youre trying to argue here?

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

ok so to recap, I said,
if Gruden is an Offensive mastermind, he shouldnt need to spend big money on the O
after spending big money on the D last year as you pointed out, we still had 57% of our cap going to the O and 35% going to the D
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/positional/

I said to keep spending on the D . my thesis again is, If Gruden is an offensive mastermind, he should be able to make work with less. 

Is your position that we should not spend on the D because it didnt turn out last year?

trying to figure out what youre trying to argue here?

My position is since we spent more on D last season, there should have been an improvement. It didn't happen. So it's not as easy as spend more. It's spend better and/or coach better on D.

Edited by oakdb36