Jump to content

Ted Ginn? More like Ted Gone


Recommended Posts

59% catch rate

5 yards per target

8.5 yards per reception

3.1 YAC per reception

5.4 air yards/completion

 

Those numbers are somewhere between hideous and unplayable for Graham. Add in the trash blocking and you have someone who is actively hurting the offense,

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

You akcnowledged that he's a rookie so I'll give you that much.

But now, I'll ask a question here (that I know that you or anyone else will never clearly answer by examples or what not). But I'll ask it anyhow. 

How many snaps has Kmet taken each as a pass catcher and as a blocker? 

If Kmet is better than what he's shown on the field (in admittedly limited opportunities), but he's still not playing anyway, then that's on Nagy.

I'm about done with both Nagy AND Pace, which I will explain in greater detail later. 

But to claim Graham actually holds the offense back (which I know you haven't done, but keeping things in order...), is ridiculous. Is Graham great? No. He has contributed, though, which makes him a good signing. And completely outside of Graham, and any arguments about his value, or lack thereof, to the team--Ginn should NOT have been cut. At least, not now

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tyty should have been an editor in chief of the Onion or some Newsweek mag, the titles are catchy AF.

 

I cant hate on Ginn being overpaid to suck at a sport that was done with him a few years ago. He got money, bad move on Pace's part.

 

I was under the assumption that Graham was well known to be a goal line target only. He's great at boxing out for the high back-shoulder fade. He isn't athletic anymore and never could block so his numbers aren't shocking at all. Although I thought his catch percentage would be higher I also assumed he would be a goaline priority and dump off specialist. But him being on pace for almost 100 targets by season's end? Ridiculous and embarrassing. I've clearly shown I'm not a fan of Kmet but you cant tell me he is behind Graham by so much that he only has warranted 8 targets. Hell put the kid in the slot and see if he can help block on outside zones even, it's not like we're doing anything well in the run game already. If they overload a side or create a big mismatch in the passing game then let Foles audible. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

If Kmet is better than what he's shown on the field (in admittedly limited opportunities), but he's still not playing anyway, then that's on Nagy.

I'm about done with both Nagy AND Pace, which I will explain in greater detail later. 

But to claim Graham actually holds the offense back (which I know you haven't done, but keeping things in order...), is ridiculous. Is Graham great? No. He has contributed, though, which makes him a good signing. And completely outside of Graham, and any arguments about his value, or lack thereof, to the team--Ginn should NOT have been cut. At least, not now

What has he contributed?

He is really bad. He offers next to nothing in the pass game and is the worst blocker I have ever seen.

He is a liability. We are getting to the point where an OLmen could do what he does in the passing game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

If Kmet is better than what he's shown on the field (in admittedly limited opportunities), but he's still not playing anyway, then that's on Nagy.

I'm about done with both Nagy AND Pace, which I will explain in greater detail later. 

But to claim Graham actually holds the offense back (which I know you haven't done, but keeping things in order...), is ridiculous. Is Graham great? No. He has contributed, though, which makes him a good signing. And completely outside of Graham, and any arguments about his value, or lack thereof, to the team--Ginn should NOT have been cut. At least, not now

Why should Ginn not have been cut?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Because Wims was suspended? 

They have Ridley on the active roster. Ginn has certainly proven to be a waste of a roster spot all season. The disinterest was evident. Robinson, Mooney, Miller, Ridley,  Patterson, and Harris.. and we're worried about Ginn being released now?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2020 at 7:46 AM, WindyCity said:

59% catch rate

5 yards per target

8.5 yards per reception

3.1 YAC per reception

5.4 air yards/completion

 

Those numbers are somewhere between hideous and unplayable for Graham. Add in the trash blocking and you have someone who is actively hurting the offense,

plus the absolute zero f$^@s he gave as our "punt returner"

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

If Kmet is better than what he's shown on the field (in admittedly limited opportunities), but he's still not playing anyway, then that's on Nagy.

a ton of the beat guys have brought this up - there was like a 3-4 week stretch where after every game nagy would say something along the lines of "we need to get him more involved" - and every single beat writer thought "that's in your direct control, you're in charge of that, this is on you then"

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

a ton of the beat guys have brought this up - there was like a 3-4 week stretch where after every game nagy would say something along the lines of "we need to get him more involved" - and every single beat writer thought "that's in your direct control, you're in charge of that, this is on you then"

Stuff like this happens a lot with him. I think a lot of his problems would go away if someone else was at least consulting on play calls and changes, or handling some part of his job.  He's a little like Trubisky in that I think he gets overwhelmed and doesn't process things quickly enough when the pressure is on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...