27 members have voted

1. 1. Which game is the GOTW?

• #9 BYU @ #21 Boise State
    • #23 Michigan @ #13 Indiana
    • #8 Florida vs #5 Georgia
    • #1 Clemson @ #4 Notre Dame
    • Other (Specify in Thread)

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Agreed as long as we play to our abilities. If Clemson beats ND in the ACC championship, then we'll have two ACC teams and an SEC champ? Seems about right.

Poor UC

Notre Dame won't make it in playoffs if they lose to Clemson in the ACC Championship.

5 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

What makes you say that if their sole loss is to Clemson after beating them once? They are passing the eye test as well. 

Passing the eye test?  Not even close.  They've done exactly what they've needed to do, but they're clearly in a different tier than Alabama and Ohio State.  Right now, those two are 1 and 2 respectively.  Notre Dame is probably 3 because of their H2H win over Clemson, but the committee is going to take it worth a grain of salt given that Lawrence wasn't playing.  Florida probably jumps up to 5 with their win over Georgia and Cincinnati is at 6.  A&M stays at 7 and BYU and Wisconsin slide up.  Notre Dame is closer to 4-6 than they are 1-2 IMO.

38 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Passing the eye test?  Not even close.  They've done exactly what they've needed to do, but they're clearly in a different tier than Alabama and Ohio State.  Right now, those two are 1 and 2 respectively.  Notre Dame is probably 3 because of their H2H win over Clemson, but the committee is going to take it worth a grain of salt given that Lawrence wasn't playing.  Florida probably jumps up to 5 with their win over Georgia and Cincinnati is at 6.  A&M stays at 7 and BYU and Wisconsin slide up.  Notre Dame is closer to 4-6 than they are 1-2 IMO.

They really only have one game where they faltered and that was against Louisville so I'd say they're passing the eye test but it's subjective. I don't disagree that they're #3 right now bc they absolutely are based on the top 2. I still think if they play each other in the conference championship and they keep it close as their only loss, not sure you can keep them out. 

On 11/8/2020 at 12:46 PM, CWood21 said:

Notre Dame won't make it in playoffs if they lose to Clemson in the ACC Championship.

Can't be an ACC Title game if Notre Dame has a massive spike/reports a massive spike in Covid cases

200.gif

I'm envisioning this scenario playing out and Dabo Sweeney's reaction when he figures out they can't avenge their lone loss...

Ignore the clickbait headline and the source and just watch the video please.

I'm not sure how long this will last in IU, but I absolutely love Tom Allen. The guy is a former HS Coach, defensive guru, a bit quirky, but he absolutely loves his players, has completely changed the culture of that program, and his players adore him.

He might be my favorite coach in all of college football. If I had a son, I'd love for him to play for Tom Allen the coach/person from everything I know/have heard about him.

After this past week with UF beats UGA and ND beating Clemson.

Lets just say OSU wins out gets the #1 seed, BYU, Cincy, TXA&M also win out

a 1 loss UF beats Bama in SEC Title Game, and a 1 loss Clemson beats ND in ACC title game what 4 teams get into the playoffs?

OSU, UF, Clemson and Bama, BYU? ND? TXA&M, Cincy?

Just a thought wondering what who yall think will get in if this happens 

On 11/12/2020 at 7:04 PM, djw4bucs said:

After this past week with UF beats UGA and ND beating Clemson.

Lets just say OSU wins out gets the #1 seed, BYU, Cincy, TXA&M also win out

a 1 loss UF beats Bama in SEC Title Game, and a 1 loss Clemson beats ND in ACC title game what 4 teams get into the playoffs?

OSU, UF, Clemson and Bama, BYU? ND? TXA&M, Cincy?

Just a thought wondering what who yall think will get in if this happens 

OSU, Clemson, UF, Bama/A&M in no particular order other than Bama/A&M being the 4 seed. 

ND gets bumped because their marquee win was against a Trevor Lawrence-less Clemson.

BYU and Cincy aren't passing up a 1-loss A&M team, regardless of A&M getting slaughtered by Alabama nor a Bama team that lost to the team that the team they slaughtered beat because "every game counts #logic". 

BYU/Cincy would need 2 of the top 6 teams to have 2 losses with 1 coming from outside of their own weird incestuous bubble (Ohio St, Alabama, Florida, A&M, Clemson, Notre Dame) and that's just not going to happen. 

Miami, Oregon, and Georgia all have better shots at bumbling their way into the 4th seed, because we don't actually have a "playoff", rather a vanity contest where "every game matters" (until an otherwise understood 'eliminator' game doesn't matter anymore). 

Or however they explained it last night during the Cincy game  🤷🏼‍♂️