Mitch may have "significant structural damage" in shoulder

beardown3231

Too injury prone to even trade. This awful on so many levels, but of course, most of all to Trubisky.

Of course, Pace will just roll with Foles and Bray. To prove his brilliance, I guess. 

I hope I'm wrong about that, but if I'm not, that inaction, combined with the other boneheaded **** we've seen in the past couple of days...I'm DONE with Pace. This is absolutely too much.

• Like 1

I suspected something long term might be wrong with his shoulder....

He's been completely and totally incapable of making routine passes since he hurt his shoulder a few years ago, when accuracy was one of his draft strengths. Even ignoring that the playbook/scheme itself seemed to be a significant challenge for him, there's just no way he regressed that much as a passer between college and now.

The Bears should have traded him before the deadline for whatever they could have gotten. There's simply no way they didn't know how bad his shoulder was.  Now with this being a public thing, he's worth about as much as Tedd Ginn is.

This is an issue worth considering for the draft this year as well, tbh....

I've got Wilson as my current choice for the job, but he's less built out than Trubisky was, less mobile, and already had throwing shoulder/hand injuries and surgeries. This garbage line has already broken one QB for us, and I'm skeptical Foles will finish this season at the rate they're going now.....

2 hours ago, Epyon said:

I've got Wilson as my current choice for the job, but he's less built out than Trubisky was, less mobile, and already had throwing shoulder/hand injuries and surgeries. This garbage line has already broken one QB for us, and I'm skeptical Foles will finish this season at the rate they're going now.....

The Bears (no matter who is GM) HAVE to invest in OL/QB... Preferably in that order. There should be multiple draft picks (at least 3) and FAs (at least two) brought to this team in the off-season, they need to have battles all off-season for starters and even depth... Even if it's at the expense of losing ARob. QBs make the receivers. OL make QBs.

I will be furious if they waste a pick on a RB or a CB, the only thing they need at those positions is 7th round picks and depth for special teams.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

The Bears (no matter who is GM) HAVE to invest in OL/QB... Preferably in that order. There should be multiple draft picks (at least 3) and FAs (at least two) brought to this team in the off-season, they need to have battles all off-season for starters and even depth... Even if it's at the expense of losing ARob. QBs make the receivers. OL make QBs.

I will be furious if they waste a pick on a RB or a CB, the only thing they need at those positions is 7th round picks and depth for special teams.

Pace proved he isn't shy about wasting picks this year. No reason to think he wouldn't go there again, at this point. (Based on his most recent spate of ineptitude.) 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

It'll be very telling how they feel about Foles based on their first two picks . If they go some combination of OL/WR in the first two rounds, that tells me they are riding with Foles for the next few seasons.

To me, I think they take a QB in round 1 and OL in round 2.

54 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

The Bears (no matter who is GM) HAVE to invest in OL/QB... Preferably in that order

Agree on the positions, strongly disagree on the order...

QBs not taken in the first round are statistically worthless.  OL can be had in the 2nd pretty reliably. 

EDIT: our problem however, is there's likely no QB worth taking that we're going to be in a position to go up and actually get.

EDIT2: I'd add, you also want that 5th year option on the QB deal.

Edited by Epyon

This was unexpected news.

This thought just came to my mind, but it makes me wonder if Mitch's accuracy issues was because of undisclosed shoulder injuries this whole time in the last 3 years in the same way that it effected Cam Newton. 

EDIT: Foles can do himself a solid here and prove he can stay healthy for a full season though. If not, then the season is lost for sure.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

5 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

This was unexpected news.

This thought just came to my mind, but it makes me wonder if Mitch's accuracy issues was because of undisclosed shoulder injuries this whole time in the last 3 years in the same way that it effected Cam Newton. 

EDIT: Foles can do himself a solid here and prove he can stay healthy for a full season though. If not, then the season is lost for sure.

All Day Bray