Mitch may have "significant structural damage" in shoulder

beardown3231

43 minutes ago, G08 said:

What if he becomes the starter again and we go 5-1 or 4-2? Then what...

I think he's gone regardless of what happens. He's a pending FA and they can't/won't invest big money into him.

I suppose there could always be an option to re-sign him on a team friendly 1-year prove it kind of deal but with Foles all but guaranteed to be back next season I doubt that ever happens.

Personally though I think he'd want a fresh start somewhere else and I wouldn't blame him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I think he's gone regardless of what happens. He's a pending FA and they can't/won't invest big money into him.

I suppose there could always be an option to re-sign him on a team friendly 1-year prove it kind of deal but with Foles all but guaranteed to be back next season I doubt that ever happens.

Personally though I think he'd want a fresh start somewhere else and I wouldn't blame him.

Yeah I'm inclined to agree.

I think, if Pace/Nagy return, you'll see an overhaul of the OL (save for Daniels and Whitehair) and a QB drafted high. UNLESS George puts the kibosh on them drafting a QB high and expects Foles to put up or shut up.

Fun times ahead. Yay.

On 11/20/2020 at 12:15 PM, G08 said:

Yeah I'm inclined to agree.

I think, if Pace/Nagy return, you'll see an overhaul of the OL (save for Daniels and Whitehair) and a QB drafted high. UNLESS George puts the kibosh on them drafting a QB high and expects Foles to put up or shut up.

Fun times ahead. Yay.

Why would George meddle in the operations of the team? We have to try to get a QB this upcoming draft and we'll have a mid-first round pick. I'm just hoping we beat GB next week and then just lose out. 

41 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Why would George meddle in the operations of the team? We have to try to get a QB this upcoming draft and we'll have a mid-first round pick. I'm just hoping we beat GB next week and then just lose out. 

At some point, I would think, he needs to make an executive decision.

On 11/20/2020 at 1:12 PM, topwop1 said:

Not too many teams carry 3 QBs anymore but I'm of the opinion that the Bears should carry 4 of them every single year until they get it right, at this point. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Not too many teams carry 3 QBs anymore but I'm of the opinion that the Bears should carry 4 of them every single year until they get it right, at this point. 

Naw that would take away from all the TE's. Lord knows we have to get that position right before even thinking about QB.

After Brees was benched for 5 weeks in "The Whale's Vagina":

Brees said sitting out for those five weeks "really gave me perspective."

"I sat back and I realized just how much pressure I was putting on myself, just how difficult I was making the game," Brees said. "'I can really simplify this game if I just relax and trust my instincts.' Because I've always been a bit of a feel player. So when I came back, I felt a big difference in just my approach and my poise and that kind of thing."

3 hours ago, G08 said:

^ I recalled this quote after listening to Nagy's presser today. I don't know if he was blowing smoke or just peppering us with 'coach speak', but I felt his comments on Trubisky's growth was fascinating.

He’s just suckering everyone in until the game begins on Sunday. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

He’s just suckering everyone in until the game begins on Sunday. 

One of the things I've liked about Nagy was his faith in his players, always thought that was cool and a good way to motivate _some_ types of people.  Remember his cocky wink at Parkey (not the playoffs game)

The only real problem with him is he can't develop a QB or an offense, everything else is pretty good, but uh, that's a problem. 

4 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

One of the things I've liked about Nagy was his faith in his players, always thought that was cool and a good way to motivate _some_ types of people.  Remember his cocky wink at Parkey (not the playoffs game)

The only real problem with him is he can't develop a QB or an offense, everything else is pretty good, but uh, that's a problem. 

He needs to learn, quickly, how to adjust his offense to the talents of his players. Not the other way around.

Thinking that Foles could magically come in here and run *his* offense, and then watch it be WORSE that what they were doing with Trubisky, made me laugh.

I'm of the opinion he's coaching for his career the rest of this season. 

1 hour ago, G08 said:

He needs to learn, quickly, how to adjust his offense to the talents of his players. Not the other way around.

Thinking that Foles could magically come in here and run *his* offense, and then watch it be WORSE that what they were doing with Trubisky, made me laugh.

I'm of the opinion he's coaching for his career the rest of this season. 

I doubt it. If he gets fired, someone will hire him as a QB coach or some meaningless position. He won't never coach again or something

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I doubt it. If he gets fired, someone will hire him as a QB coach or some meaningless position. He won't never coach again or something

He seems to be a player's coach. I could see a young new HC using him as a guy to help keep the locker room together, likely getting an Ast Head Coach title too. 

5 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I think he'll go back to being the Chiefs OC after Bieniemy gets hired as a HC somewhere because we all know the Chiefs OC is basically just a title 

20 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

That's not what I meant, I was talking strictly about his head coaching career.