The Return of the Face of the Vikings (Teddy Chronicles)

gopherwrestler

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Tolling the contract doesn’t prevent the team and the player from negotiating a big contract extension, but it would give the team insurance and a guarantee that they’d have a starting caliber QB under contract for next year. And why would a team not choose to make sure the player is back for another year? 

Tolling a contract isn’t screwing a player, so why would it negatively impact a locker room? 5th year options are picked up every year, and it doesn’t negatively affect locker rooms. 

Maybe not in some locker rooms, but this is still a pretty young team.  For the front office to reward the work Bridgewater has put into recovering, and to exhibit faith in a player that remains the face of the franchise in spite of being on IR, I think boosts the confidence of all players.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Tolling or not tolling, there’s really no reward being given to Bridgewater based on that alone. A new contract would be a reward, and tolling or not tolling doesn’t prevent that from occurring. 

Either way, I agree with the earlier conversation that they sign Teddy to a short-term contract, similar to the Glennon deal, with maybe some escalator clauses based upon health and performance...and give Keenum another deal to be his backup.  I'd then consider drafting another QB in the mid to late rounds to compete with Sloter to be the 3rd QB, since the QB class is expected to be a little deeper in this draft.  

7 minutes ago, disaacs said:

Either way, I agree with the earlier conversation that they sign Teddy to a short-term contract, similar to the Glennon deal, with maybe some escalator clauses based upon health and performance...and give Keenum another deal to be his backup.  I'd then consider drafting another QB in the mid to late rounds to compete with Sloter to be the 3rd QB, since the QB class is expected to be a little deeper in this draft.  

I hope that Teddy gives MN first priority and isn't looking for a bidding war. I realize it's a business but with how MN has handled this injury and stuck by him, it be nice to see the favor returned. Especially since MN took him off PUP when they could have kept him on and let that contract toll (better long term option for MN not Teddy)

12 minutes ago, PaulWall_23 said:

I'm wondering if the Luck timetable will be similar to what we will see with Teddy? Luck's was his throwing arm but Teddy's injury was more severe.  

I don’t think the timetable for Bridgewater will be anywhere close to Luck’s. Luck is still trying to get strength in his throwing shoulder, whereas Bridgewater has been throwing for months. 

Archived