The Return of the Face of the Vikings (Teddy Chronicles)

gopherwrestler

49 minutes ago, Purplexing said:

...What happens after two (-ish) weeks?

What I meant is I don't think he'll be automatically activated, I think teams have 3 weeks after pup to activate\ir player, so I could see 2 week's getting him in to game shape. And I don't think his first game will be London, but I didn't check the schedule

I think having Teddy suit up and standing on the sideline gives the whole team an emotional lift.  Even if he's number 3 on the depth chart.  I'd think he'd be ready to be number 2 on the depth chart after the bye week.  Just seeing him in pads wearing number 5 would be exciting!

I realize Bradford's knee is out of his control, but he is really shooting himself in the foot as far as getting a contract extension.  I think a fully healthy Bradford is better than a fully healthy Teddy, but it seems that Bradford is continuing with his old injury prone ways.  At this point, I'd give the job to Teddy until he screws it up.  Maybe take a flyer QB in the draft this year and let Bradford go.  IDK.  Just thinking out loud at this point.  

7 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm guessing his contract won't toll.

If he plays, and plays well, what kind of contract extension will he get?

I’d do a one year “prove it” type contract for 2018, with a multi-year, top 15 type money team option attached to it. 

1 year, $15M (I think that’s what his 5th year option would have been close too), with a 5 year $100M team option. 

7 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d do a one year “prove it” type contract for 2018, with a multi-year, top 15 type money team option attached to it. 

1 year, $15M (I think that’s what his 5th year option would have been close too), with a 5 year $100M team option. 

Don't believe that's possible, though I'm not as familiar with the NFL CBA.

Would guess there will be some significant injury protections.

Archived