The Return of the Face of the Vikings (Teddy Chronicles)

gopherwrestler

When Bridgewater reclaims the starting job, which will happen sooner than later, he will make the Vikings a little more competitive and a lot more watchable. He may lack a bazooka arm or Russell Wilson-caliber scrambling ability. But Bridgewater has what the NFL needs right now: the ability to both operate within a system and color outside the lines a little.

He has the potential to be a Watson-Wentz-Prescott-Goff, more than a Savage-Bradford-Whoever. (The jury is out on Hundley and Trubisky until the helicopter parenting ends.)

If Bridgewater, who has a 17-11 mark as a starter, returns to play soon, the Week 11 Rams-Vikings game becomes destination television. Goff versus Bridgewater with the playoffs on the line in the home of this year's Super Bowl—let's see what type of ratings that generates.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2743122-teddy-bridgewater-is-a-much-needed-boost-for-an-nfl-plagued-by-injuries-bad-qbs

20 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

The change might have losses attached to it. Do you want to take them now or in December/January? May as well let Teddy remain as the backup for the entire year if the coaching staff does not have the courage to risk losing a game over the decision. It's a gamble but one worth taking if there is improvement on offense. 

I  wouldn't make the change unless I thought helped the team immediately.  When Teddy gives the team a better chance to win, that's when I would start him.

On 11/9/2017 at 8:20 AM, JDBrocks said:

If you read the article I posted on the last page, that is easily explained. The offense simply ran through Adrian when they got into the redzone. Teddy only threw 42 passes in the redzone. The Vikings were 3rd in the league in rushing TDs, and 7th in drive scoring percentage.

I don't think 14 TDs is an indictment of Teddy as much as it is of the Norv Turner offense.

Also along with those 14 TD’s don’t forget about his silly INT’s he would throw. 

If you say his TD’s increase with more attempts so does the chances for INT’s

57 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Which silly INTs were those? an INT% of 2% isn't bad. It's better than Matt Ryan and Big Ben this year. And Teddy didn't have an Antonio Brown or a Julio Jones to pass to.

I recall one, against GB in 2015 at Lambeau.

The rest weren't much different than what other QBs in the league throw.

15 hours ago, Klomp said:

Bridgewater:  “Man, I was trying to keep it together. It’s just, opportunities like these don’t come around twice. So when you get that second opportunity, you cherish it. You hold it, and you never want to let it go. Today, it got the best of me.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/12/teddy-bridgewater-when-you-get-that-second-opportunity-you-cherish-it/

Archived