The Return of the Face of the Vikings (Teddy Chronicles)

gopherwrestler

Just now, Danger said:

If both are healthy, who's your QB? (Not who you want, but who Zimmer goes with)

Both of Keanum/Bridgewater -> Bridgewater

Both of Bradfrod/Bridgewater -> Great question, probably Bradford.

Right now I'm not holding my breath that Bradford's knee will allow him to play again this season though. Really weird situation, but I think we'll see some Teddy Time this season.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

If both are healthy, who's your QB? (Not who you want, but who Zimmer goes with)

I personally don't believe Teddy is anywhere near football shape at this point, so I'm not starting him at all this season.  He may get some reps later in the season in garbage time, but that's all I believe will happen at this point.  If healthy, it's still Bradford, with Keenum as the primary backup and Bridgewater as the 3rd QB.  Teddy's at a tremendous disadvantage, because not only his health is working against him, but the fact that he's never run the Shurmur offense.  

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

IMO if both are healthy.

Teddy >>>> Sammy "Captain Checkdown" Sleeves Bradford

I'd agree, but because of the injury for Teddy, I could see them bringing him along slowly if Bradford is ready to go. I just doubt that Bradford will be ready to go.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

After this latest injury, I think the team just needs to move on from Bradford. I have even less faith in his knee than Teddy's. 

Let Keenum start until Teddy is ready, then give the team back to Teddy and see what he can do. If he bombs than we know we need to target a new QB, or if he does well we know we need to re-sign him. 

Let Bradford walk in the offseason and get a 3rd-round compensatory pick. No question someone will give him more money than Glennon got. 

9 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I'd agree, but because of the injury for Teddy, I could see them bringing him along slowly if Bradford is ready to go. I just doubt that Bradford will be ready to go.

I'm almost inclined to go with Keenum over Bradford for the sake of continuity. Bradford may get healthy by the bye but what if he takes another hit or it flares up again. Then Keenum has to come in cold and have another game like the Steelers game down the stretch that maybe costs us a game or two.

id love to see Teddy get a chance but it might be hard to justify pulling Keenum midseason for a QB who hasn't played in a couple of seasons. Keenum may be the better QB today.

Archived