Week 10 Prospect Talk

rackcs

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I still have a hard time seeing the Cowboys not pay Dak but it's an interesting thought. 

I really don't want to see Fields end up in Washington or the Giants. So I really hope they all just beat up on eachother.

Could also be that they would then sell that pick for an absolute king's ransom, netting something completely incredible in return, which would be the equivalent of about 3 1sts and a player/2 1sts and 3 2nds, etc.

Then they load up their defense and run it back with a healthy Dak.

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Imagine the chaos if somehow Dallas completely imploded the rest of the way and got one of these two guys. You tag and trade Dak for a NICE RETURN (Paging the Cleveland Browns if Baker sucks the rest of the season, maybe even the Patriots/Vikings), and land an elite top tier QB prospect who has loaded offensive skill positions and a really nice offensive line, and then you use the pick you got for Dak/the haul there to go landing defensive talent.

Seeing Lawrence and Fields both end up in NY would just be boring and frustrating IMO.

Imagine the narrative if Fields and Lawrence were both in New York.

Dallas doesn't really have a good offensive line anymore. Smith and Collins both have really concerning health issues, Connor Williams has been a bit of a bust, and center is a mess. Really just Zack Martin there now that they can rely on.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Could also be that they would then sell that pick for an absolute king's ransom, netting something completely incredible in return, which would be the equivalent of about 3 1sts and a player/2 1sts and 3 2nds, etc.

Then they load up their defense and run it back with a healthy Dak.

This is what I see as more likely.

Trade down a spot or two, still land Parsons/Sewell, and gain draft capital.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Imagine the narrative if Fields and Lawrence were both in New York.

Dallas doesn't really have a good offensive line anymore. Smith and Collins both have really concerning health issues, Connor Williams has been a bit of a bust, and center is a mess. Really just Zack Martin there now that they can rely on.

I still think that their OL is solid. It's certainly not what it was 3 years ago, especially with the injury concerns, but I still think Biadascz is going to be fine, Martin is elite, and between one of those two OT, it's likely that they have 3 solid starting NFL OL. They still need depth, another OT, and potentially a swing interior OL guy, but it's not like how some young QB's walk into a makeshift OL and are expected to put on their cape and save an NFL Franchise either. :)

12 hours ago, rackcs said:

Current argument aside, I was a huge RG3 fan that year and even called him as one of my sleepers the summer before his final season when he blew up. He remains pretty much my biggest scouting win. I still wonder if his career would've turned out differently if he'd gone to a different team.

Seems odd to me to base scouting wins off draft slotting instead of how they actually turn out as pros. ..unless in this case you're writing it off because of his rookie year injury.

2 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Seems odd to me to base scouting wins off draft slotting instead of how they actually turn out as pros. ..unless in this case you're writing it off because of his rookie year injury.

I mean I think it's a win when you call a guy a sleeper and he blows up and gets drafted second overall when he was nowhere near that range to start the season. Different kind of win.

11 hours ago, jebrick said:

Journey Brown retiring from football.

I liked him a lot as a freshman.

Terrible news, feel awful for him. He was my RB2 entering the season and I liked him a lot. It's gotta be tough for guys to dedicate their lives to football and then have it taken away from them.