2021 Draft Comparisons

Chops013

On 12/1/2020 at 12:27 AM, SaveOurSonics said:

This is a popular comp, but Travis Etienne is honestly just a bigger Alvin Kamara.

I don't get this.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4239996/travis-etienne

Entienne - 5'-10" 205

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KamaAl00.htm

Kamara - 5'-10" 215

Pretty sure he's gonna end up measuring smaller.

I just saw a piece by Pigskin Paul (Great Blue North) talking about SS Divine Deablo, who reminded him a bit of Kam Chancellor, here is what he had to say.

On the other side of the ball for Tech is another senior standout in Capt. DIVINE DEABLO (#17), who leads the unit from his SS position. DEABLO reminds me a bit of former Tech and NFL standout KAM CHANCELLOR, although at 6’3/225, he’s a good 10-15 lbs. lighter. He still hits a ton, and quite frankly is a better athlete in pursuing the ball and playing in coverage. However, I feel safe in saying that he is the most impactful S at Tech since CAM left school for the NFL. DEABLO was second on the team in tackles in 2019, with 84. He’s still that hard hitting S, but he has stepped up his work as a pass defender this season. His presence in the starting defensive lineup Saturday night against Clemson marked his 34th straight start. He does sport the Captain’s C on his jersey. For the game, he had 3 tackles and an important Interception in the end zone to thwart a Clemson drive that looked like it was headed for another score in the 3rd Quarter. He has been ranked in my Top 100 prospects since the start of the season. I would currently project him as a 3rd Round Pick. He has the size and athleticism to play as a hybrid SS/LB at the next level.

Anyone with a name as great as Divine Deablo should be on our (the Packers) team ! I've got a couple of V.Tech games I will be watching (Miami at V.Tech and Clemson vs V.Tech) and another one I should get this weekend (Virginia vs Virginia Tech), to see how he does.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

Zach Wilson's arm talent -  Mahomes / Stafford without the elite arm strength. The throwing angles reminds me of both of these guys. The throwing angles and ability on the move reminds me of Mahomes. Wilson has good arm strength but no where nears these two guys. 

Zach Wilson's legs - A lesser Kyler Murray with the same amount of wiggle. I don't quite know how fast Wilson is, but he has some elusiveness and wiggle to him. I've struggled with his athleticism comp. 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 11:23 AM, OneTwoSixFive said:

I just saw a piece by Pigskin Paul (Great Blue North) talking about SS Divine Deablo, who reminded him a bit of Kam Chancellor, here is what he had to say.

On the other side of the ball for Tech is another senior standout in Capt. DIVINE DEABLO (#17), who leads the unit from his SS position. DEABLO reminds me a bit of former Tech and NFL standout KAM CHANCELLOR, although at 6’3/225, he’s a good 10-15 lbs. lighter. He still hits a ton, and quite frankly is a better athlete in pursuing the ball and playing in coverage. However, I feel safe in saying that he is the most impactful S at Tech since CAM left school for the NFL. DEABLO was second on the team in tackles in 2019, with 84. He’s still that hard hitting S, but he has stepped up his work as a pass defender this season. His presence in the starting defensive lineup Saturday night against Clemson marked his 34th straight start. He does sport the Captain’s C on his jersey. For the game, he had 3 tackles and an important Interception in the end zone to thwart a Clemson drive that looked like it was headed for another score in the 3rd Quarter. He has been ranked in my Top 100 prospects since the start of the season. I would currently project him as a 3rd Round Pick. He has the size and athleticism to play as a hybrid SS/LB at the next level.

Anyone with a name as great as Divine Deablo should be on our (the Packers) team ! I've got a couple of V.Tech games I will be watching (Miami at V.Tech and Clemson vs V.Tech) and another one I should get this weekend (Virginia vs Virginia Tech), to see how he does.

He's rangy with good hands and a nose for the ball. He started out as a WR at Tech. He's a long dude but Tech has been hard to scout, and watch, for that matter. Their program has been in shambles for the last 2-3 years.

my top ten RBs & comps rn

1. Travis Etienne - bigger Kenyan Drake

2. Khalil Herbert - Jerick McKinnon

3. Chuba Hubbard - 4.5 Austin Ekeler

4. Ken Gainwell - faster Tony Pollard

5. Jermar Jefferson - James Robinson

6. Najee Harris - quicker T.J. Yeldon

7. Javonte Williams - slower Josh Jacobs

8. Demetric Felton - angry J.D. McKissic

9. Javian Hawkins - Darrell Henderson

10. Micheal Carter - stronger Jalen Richard

13 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

Zach Wilson's legs - A lesser Kyler Murray with the same amount of wiggle. I don't quite know how fast Wilson is, but he has some elusiveness and wiggle to him. I've struggled with his athleticism comp. 

Looks far closer to Baker Mayfield than Kyler Murray IMO. He might be a little quicker than Baker in terms of acceleration though. Baker ran a little slower at the combine than what he looks on tape, but at max I’d say Wilson looks like a 4.70/4.75 type of guy on tape in comparison to Baker who looked like a 4.75/4.80 type guy (his 4.84 combine surprised me some).

In terms of arm strength that also reminds me of Baker, but with a quicker release. His release does remind me some of Kyler’s though. I haven’t watched him extensively, as the Ravens don’t need a QB. And when I’m talking arm talent, I’m talking the ability to throw off platform 50 yards with minimal arm effort. Mahomes and Kyler are some of the freakiest when it comes to that, I’ve seen. I’m not invested enough to go much further, but your comparison to Murray got me excited, so I had to turn on his Coastal Carolina tape to see what I could see.

Edited by diamondbull424

16 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

2. Khalil Herbert - Jerick McKinnon

McKinnon is known for his shiftiness. Herbert is a straight thumper.

5. Jermar Jefferson - James Robinson

Jefferson is awesome. He is also about 10x faster and quicker than Robinson. Plus he doesn’t catch out of the backfield like Robinson. 

6. Najee Harris - quicker T.J. Yeldon

I think that’s mean to Harris. Najee’s vision and pure power far exceeded anything Yeldon could have ever hoped to be. 

9. Javian Hawkins - Darrell Henderson

Hawkins is so much more explosive. He’s not CJ2k, but he is definitely much more of a homerun hitting threat than Hendo. 

10. Micheal Carter - stronger Jalen Richard

I don’t get this one. Carter is a linear speed back with marginal power. He’s very similar to Hawkins, but with a little more power and less wiggle. 

16 hours ago, QBIso said:

I think that’s mean to Harris. Najee’s vision and pure power far exceeded anything Yeldon could have ever hoped to be. 

Yeah, disrespectful might be a better word. Najee Harris patience, play strength, vision, and total package shouldn’t have his name ever touch such a comparison... maybe out of HS perhaps, but that’s about it.

I think he’s a clear cut projection as a top 15 back in the NFL... assuming he can hold up, considering his collegiate usage. Someone in this thread may have already mention this comparison, but I think it fits, he looks like Steven Jackson (Rams).

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, QBIso said:

Hawkins is so much more explosive. He’s not CJ2k, but he is definitely much more of a homerun hitting threat than Hendo. 

This doesn't make sense. Hendo's game was predicated on explosiveness and homeruns. He was a homerun hitter in college (averaged almost 9 yards per carry). The guy was an explosive one-cut runner who could take it the distance (also a great pass catcher and surprisingly powerful for his size). 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

This doesn't make sense. Hendo's game was predicated on explosiveness and homeruns. He was a homerun hitter in college (averaged almost 9 yards per carry). The guy was an explosive one-cut runner who could take it the distance (also a great pass catcher and surprisingly powerful for his size). 

Henderson was laterally explosive, but he hasn’t been a dynamic homerun hitter in the NFL. He lacks that deep sprinter speed. 

3 minutes ago, QBIso said:

Henderson was laterally explosive, but he hasn’t been a dynamic homerun hitter in the NFL. He lacks that deep sprinter speed. 

No, Henderson is vertically explosive. In his final year at Memphis, he had 11 runs and catches of 50+ yards. 8 of them were 60+ yards.

• 3 weeks later...