2021 Draft Comparisons

Chops013

5 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

The anchor can be hit or miss but Darrisaw has some nasty.

I’ve seen him give up against the run much more than this. He isn’t Saffold. It’s just not a good comparison. I guarantee Darrisaw is longer as well. He in no way moves to Guard at the next level either. I like the player I just don’t like this comparison. 

9 hours ago, Counselor said:

I’ve seen him give up against the run much more than this. He isn’t Saffold. It’s just not a good comparison. I guarantee Darrisaw is longer as well. He in no way moves to Guard at the next level either. I like the player I just don’t like this comparison. 

Agreed that he doesn't play as heavy as Saffold and wouldn't fare well inside atm. But I think he did grade pretty well as a run blocker.

Najee Harris reminds me of Kareem Hunt, but probably 4.5 vs 4.6 type speed. Do similar things well, similarly have contact balance and drive strength.

... though Harris is obviously about 2” taller and like 15 lbs heavier than Hunt as well. I think he’s probably the potential All Pro version of Kareem Hunt’s pro bowl skillset. Obviously Steven Jackson is the other clean comparison (though I also remember Jackson a little less due to time). This was just a more recent one that I feel has some merit.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Najee Harris reminds me of Kareem Hunt, but probably 4.5 vs 4.6 type speed. Do similar things well, similarly have contact balance and drive strength.

... though Harris is obviously about 2” taller and like 15 lbs heavier than Hunt as well. I think he’s probably the potential All Pro version of Kareem Hunt’s pro bowl skillset. Obviously Steven Jackson is the other clean comparison (though I also remember Jackson a little less due to time). This was just a more recent one that I feel has some merit.

interesting one. Hunt was a 4.6 guy coming out but he's heavier and less explosive now.

Le'Veon Bell is the one I like because of how good Harris is as a receiver. I underestimated that part of his game before this year. He's not as talented a runner as Bell was as far as patience and vision but he does use gears really effectively to separate/elude in space.

24 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

interesting one. Hunt was a 4.6 guy coming out but he's heavier and less explosive now.

Le'Veon Bell is the one I like because of how good Harris is as a receiver. I underestimated that part of his game before this year. He's not as talented a runner as Bell was as far as patience and vision but he does use gears really effectively to separate/elude in space.

Yeah the receiving ability combined with the natural power and contact balance is why I went with Hunt. But it’s pretty crazy how Harris is a listed 6’2” 230 lbs. Just looking at the way he moves on the field, you wouldn’t guess a man that size is moving the way that he does. That’s pretty insane to me.

16 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Najee reminds me of someone who is going to be a future Hall of Famer. 

Adrian Peterson

Just now, brushmyhair said:

Najee reminds me of someone who is going to be a future Hall of Famer. 

Adrian Peterson

Can’t say I see that. Harris is easily the better receiving back. Peterson had game breaking speed, he got a crease and you couldn’t catch him. If anything, if I had to compare the two great Alabama backs, Harris and Henry, I’d compare Henry more to Peterson than Najee... and make no mistake this isn’t me comparing Henry to Peterson, just saying he’d be a cleaner comparison IMO than Najee to him.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have gotten into the draft evaluation groove with the Rams out of contention. Here are a few I have:

Davis Mills -> Sam Bradford

Trey Lance -> Jake Locker (but if he lands in the right situation, maybe Donovan McNabb)

Tre Nixon -> Paul Richardson

Pete Werner -> Chad Greenway

Chris Rumph II -> Melvin Ingram (NFL version)

Joe Tryon -> Cliff Avril

Liam Eichenberg -> Riley Reiff

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Have gotten into the draft evaluation groove with the Rams out of contention. Here are a few I have:

Davis Mills -> Carson Palmer

Trey Lance -> Jake Locker (but if he lands in the right situation, maybe Donovan McNabb)

Tre Nixon -> Paul Richardson

Pete Werner -> Chad Greenway

Chris Rumph II -> Melvin Ingram (NFL version)

Joe Tryon -> Cliff Avril

Liam Eichenberg -> Riley Reiff

You see Carson Palmer level arm strength?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Counselor said:

I’ll have to watch more. 

I revised it lol. It just hit me a few minutes ago why I like his college tape so much. He reminds me of Sam Bradford. Even has the durability issues. Still, Bradford was a decent QB when put in the right situations (see Minnesota). I still like the kid and would spend a Day 2 pick on him, but that's because I think McVay could do a good job of developing him and catering to his strengths.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...