Which Hypothetical QB situation...

Hunter2_1

Hypothetical QB situation  

13 members have voted

1. 1. That you like (vote for all you would go for)

• Resign Cam, roll with Cam and Stidham again; best man wins
    • Use first round pick on best QB available (at 8-15th range probably), have a competition between him and Cam/Stidham
    • Use first pick to trade up with either DAL/NYG, who have their QBs, in order to draft Lance or Fields (or possible Wilson or Jones if those two already gone)
    • Find a way to trade with NYJ for Darnold, as they will draft Lawrence
    • Draft a QB with 2nd or 3rd pick, add him to the QB competition with Cam/Stidham
    • Trade with SF to get Jimmy back here
    • Trade with Dallas for Dak
    • Get a different veteran QB (possibly Fitz) to replace Cam whilst we find QBotF the following draft

7 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Something about Trask rubbed me the wrong way in that game. He had a few passes which were way over the heads of receivers and a few just bad decisions where he jumped around right after throwing the football knowing it was an awful throw. He seems like much more of a developmental guy who should probably be a Drew Lock like second rounder but may end up a late first rounder given how badly many teams are in need of a QB. 

That's admittedly the only game I've seen of him, but he didn't scream top 10 pick to me.

That is his knock - arm is a bit off. Some passes die, some passes float. If you compare him to Wilson or Lawrence (I know Trevor...unfair but still...) the arm is a different league. 

But his size and decision making and accuracy on under routes is good. 

10 hours ago, m haynes said:

Kyle Trask  looks great against Georgia who's ranked 5th in the country. 

1st Half , 4 TD and 341 yards passing.  He's deadly accurate and reads the field well. Impressive. Also Pitts was injured and is out of the game. Pitts did catch a TD before he was hurt. He is unstoppable with 6' 6'" size and he can move like a WR.

Possibly his best game and the game that's going to get him moved up in draft. Bill loves the Georgia programme as well, so you can bet he's taken note or will watch this at some point.

12 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Something about Trask rubbed me the wrong way in that game. He had a few passes which were way over the heads of receivers and a few just bad decisions where he jumped around right after throwing the football knowing it was an awful throw. He seems like much more of a developmental guy who should probably be a Drew Lock like second rounder but may end up a late first rounder given how badly many teams are in need of a QB. 

That's admittedly the only game I've seen of him, but he didn't scream top 10 pick to me.

I agree about the top 10.

However I'm trying to project the QBs and see if they can be a NFL QB. Does he have skills that can be coached.  Easiest way for me to say it, Will he be a competent QB and picking him won't  be a wasted draft choice.  Guys like Johnny Manzel, Gino Smith, Brady Quinn. Can he be like Kirk Cousins, Alex Smith, Prescott that are good QB that basically won't screw up and have success because the team has outstanding defense of great OL and skill players.  Do we have a shot at winning every week!😁

PS  The QB I listed are used as an example. I'm not judging their talents or who I like as a QB.

Sorry more to add. IMO Lance will be a wasted pick he will be in the 1st group I mentioned. I don't give a crap what the experts say. Oh ya, GB J Love will be in that pile as well. Experts said crap about Herbert, do the draft over he picked 2nd

Edited by m haynes

13 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Just think if the Pats sucked last year they could of had a shot at Herbert. Picked 6th

Interesting that you say that because I saw an interview with Herbert where he was saying he thought he was going to get drafted by the Patriots. I guess they showed a lot of interest in him. If that's the case, he could be a template for what kind of QB they are looking for. 

9 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Interesting that you say that because I saw an interview with Herbert where he was saying he thought he was going to get drafted by the Patriots. I guess they showed a lot of interest in him. If that's the case, he could be a template for what kind of QB they are looking for. 

Ya,  but the Pats are still out of reach at 10/11 pick. Jags IMO take Fields or they shock everyone and take Wilson. I don't see either one getting to the Pats pick. The others I pass on or trade down. Also they liked  Baker, who I hated and laughed when the Browns took him. 1st pick in the draft, what were they smoking!

Edited by m haynes

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Possibly his best game and the game that's going to get him moved up in draft. Bill loves the Georgia programme as well, so you can bet he's taken note or will watch this at some point.

In general I'm more in line of taking guys from big programs  as well or college factories. Wisconsin BC OL, Alabama WR etc.

His one for ya, I hate FLA Gators players 99% are bust. Yes that's an exaggeration but the Pats been burned with everyone one of them, maybe excepts Brandon Spikes. Who played 2 downs for what 2 yrs!!!!!  Every time BB picks one I Puke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Forgot Hernandez, again another POS!

Kyle Trask a Gator !!!!!! 😬    Duke Dawson pick, TV went out the window. Remember Cunningham 🥵

Edited by m haynes

They are unfortunately, they will need to drop at least one of the Jets games and win probably only one other game outside of tomorrow to have a chance at a top 5 pick. I could certainly see BB throwing the last game of the season though, especially if it means pushing the Jets out of the #1 pick. If the Jets can't get Lawrence, is there a chance they don't go QB at all and try to give Darnold one more season? That would of course be the ideal for the Patriots to push a QB to them.

That is his knock - arm is a bit off. Some passes die, some passes float. If you compare him to Wilson or Lawrence (I know Trevor...unfair but still...) the arm is a different league. 

I think it's his Bozo the Clown feet !😄

Edited by m haynes

Exactly and that's the Pats game. The other stuff can be coached.

9 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

if it means pushing the Jets out of the #1 pick

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! My coffee went out my nose!!!!!

Edited by m haynes

11 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

The guy to really keep an eye on will be Mac Jones.. if Saban tells BB he's going to be great.. we all know BB is going to listen to him and draft that kid in the second round 

He's worth a 2nd RD shot. IMO he won't screw up and if you build around him you might have something. Powering running game, play action. Worse case you have a backup for 10 + years.

One of the thing I have to see is accuracy from a QB and he has that in spades!

Edited by m haynes

49 minutes ago, m haynes said:

He's worth a 2nd RD shot. IMO he won't screw up and if you build around him you might have something. Powering running game, play action. Worse case you have a backup for 10 + years.

One of the thing I have to see is accuracy from a QB and he has that in spades!

That's primarily my concern .. he seems like an Andy Dalton / Alex Smith level QB .. someone who will be good enough not to be replaced but never win a super bowl. 

If you draft him you need to surround him with weapons immediately .. so I could see a Bengals AJ Green / Dalton type draft to help the kid out.. but that scares the heck out of me going WR first and QB second.