Week 9 GDT - Broncos @ Falcons

Broncofan

Honestly, I get the concept that run game has to work - but it's not working today.....and all that's happening is you're requiring DEN to get 1 shot to convert a 1st down on 3rd down.   This is a brutal, brutal game plan on O.  And while Shurmur owns a good part of this, Fangio's game management philosophy goes under the microscope as well. 

Not going for it on 4th and 6 at the ATL 41, or letting McManus go for 3 with his 60+ yard leg indoors, plays for the "let's win a 20-17" game.  Well, guess what, we're not good enough for that.

Fangio can get a pass for the D being shorthanded - but he HAS to adjust his thinking on game management.  "Let's establish the run against the D that kills us in run D but gets exposed on pass D if they don't have 3rd and long" is a **** game plan.  It's that simple.

Sorry for going @AnAngryAmerican mode here, but it's so painful to watch.

• Like 1

Just now, Dbrog24 said:

Worth noting the pass to Patrick is the 2nd time this game refs miss pass interference on the Broncos... Not blaming that as the reason we are down but it's a piece to the puzzle

nah, it was a clean play. Patrick touches the ball with his left hand before the defender grabs his right. 

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Hasn't it been like that weekly? We feel super predictable

We have ran 30 total plays to Atlanta's 41. Including that first drive of the second half. It's hard to have diversity in our play calls when we barely have any plays. I'm not worried about the predictability part of things, i'm worried about the fact that we can't win a play unless it's schemed up. At least  one person misses something every time, whether that is oline protection, a misread or inaccurate throw from lock, dropped pass, etc. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm at a cros whether I wanna completely overhaul coaching this year than you got to change personel and what not but if this is your future why bank on it. It be like watching vance his final year

With all the COVID stuff and corresponding injuries and a very, very young offense that didn’t have a real offseason, I’m 99% sure the entire staff returns next year and much of the roster. 

Is it the right decision? That’s debatable. But no way a team with very limited budget and without a real owner is going to pay out a bunch of coaches’ contracts when they can sell the fanbase on “2020 just 2020’d us.” 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

With all the COVID stuff and corresponding injuries and a very, very young offense that didn’t have a real offseason, I’m 99% sure the entire staff returns next year and much of the roster. 

Is it the right decision? That’s debatable. But no way a team with very limited budget and without a real owner is going to pay out a bunch of contracts when they can sell the fanbase on “2020 just 2020’d us.” 

So we won't hire the Matt Rhules of the world and just stick with retreads to try and build"culture" for the next smucks it's groundhog day without a veteran peyton manning