Week 9 GDT - Broncos @ Falcons

Broncofan

6 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

With all the COVID stuff and corresponding injuries and a very, very young offense that didn’t have a real offseason, I’m 99% sure the entire staff returns next year and much of the roster. 

Is it the right decision? That’s debatable. But no way a team with very limited budget and without a real owner is going to pay out a bunch of coaches’ contracts when they can sell the fanbase on “2020 just 2020’d us.” 

That all depends on one thing: Elway's desire to return. I don't see Ellis firing him (he would be exposed), but if this season continues like this, Elway may have had enough, especially if Lock continues to struggle.

3 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

That all depends on one thing: Elway's desire to return. I don't see Ellis firing him (he would be exposed), but if this season continues like this, Elway may have had enough, especially if Lock continues to struggle.

Elway has too much pride and too much invested to just walk away. I also think his contract runs through the 2021 season. No major changes come this January, they’ll use the COVID excuse and much of the fanbase and sycophant media will buy it.  

It’s a year from now when the chips get put down on the table; Ellis cannot survive as a de facto owner sans a massive turnaround. Brittany Bowlen will have next to no support or credibility with the fanbase the longer she remains tied to Ellis/Elway and their losing ways. 

Put bluntly, I think that if, at this time next year, the team isn’t in first place in the AFCW or a very close second, everyone walks away and the team gets sold. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Elway has too much pride and too much invested to just walk away. I also think his contract runs through the 2021 season. No major changes come this January, they’ll use the COVID excuse and much of the fanbase and sycophant media will buy it.  

It’s a year from now when the chips get put down on the table; Ellis cannot survive as a de facto owner sans a massive turnaround. Brittany Bowlen will have next to no support or credibility with the fanbase the longer she remains tied to Ellis/Elway and their losing ways. 

Put bluntly, I think that if, at this time next year, the team isn’t in first place in the AFCW or a very close second, everyone walks away and the team gets sold. 

Pray that someone comes in and buys the team

6 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

100% agree.  Another reason we're not drafting a QB in R1 this year.  I expect the staff to return, Lock + a veteran FA (Fitzpatrick, Dalton, Brissett, etc.) and the front office to sell improvement via continuity, growth of young guys, etc.