The Race to the Bottom

pwny

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

No problem.  I'll see if I can find some and will pass the names along as I find them.  On another note, I resized that picture up to wallpaper size if anyone wants to use it.  Are they playing the Jets in that picture or is it the Eagles?  I can't tell.  It would be ironic if it was the Jets.  I do feel bad for Jets fans though.  That has to hurt after having a season like they have been going through.

L2Qn7z9.jpg

They're not out of it yet. As we saw today, anything can happen. Bears are beatable, we already beat the Colts earlier this season, etc., but yeah, for as much crap as they've went through this year through the media gonna be rough if they don't get 1st overall.

Looks like that's the Jets oddly enough.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

No problem.  I'll see if I can find some and will pass the names along as I find them.  On another note, I resized that picture up to wallpaper size if anyone wants to use it.  Are they playing the Jets in that picture or is it the Eagles?  I can't tell.  It would be ironic if it was the Jets.  I do feel bad for Jets fans though.  That has to hurt after having a season like they have been going through.

L2Qn7z9.jpg

We have been suffering for years. I’ve been a fan of this pathetic organization for about 18 years. We deserve him.

Nobody really is or has been excited about the Jags in Jacksonville with how bad we have been but if we land Lawrence, that will change immediately.

He gives us something we haven’t had in a long long time, hope.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

They're not out of it yet. As we saw today, anything can happen. Bears are beatable, we already beat the Colts earlier this season, etc., but yeah, for as much crap as they've went through this year through the media gonna be rough if they don't get 1st overall.

Looks like that's the Jets oddly enough.

You're right.  There are still two weeks left.  Can't count our chickens before they are hatched.  Looks good though.  The Bears should be motivated next week because they are still on the verge of making the playoffs.  They are better with Trubisky too, so he should be starting next week.

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

We have been suffering for years. I’ve been a fan of this pathetic organization for about 18 years. We deserve him.

Nobody really is or has been excited about the Jags in Jacksonville with how bad we have been but if we land Lawrence, that will change immediately.

I REALLY, REALLY wanted you guys to end up with Tim Tebow. It just seemed like Jacksonville would have been a perfect place for him to land.  It would have been interesting if he had stayed home and played for the Jaguars.  I will always believe that he could have won at least one Super Bowl if he had been given the chance. 

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

You're right.  There are still two weeks left.  Can't count our chickens before they are hatched.  Looks good though.  The Bears should be motivated next week because they are still on the verge of making the playoffs.  They are better with Trubisky too, so he should be starting next week.

Mitch looks much improved and that defense should feast on our offense.

We don’t beat the Colts in Indy. Just like the Colts don’t beat the Jags in Jax.

Both teams in the thick of the playoff race. They will be extremely motivated.

5 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

It's similar to the situation in Cleveland when the Cavaliers got the #1 pick when LeBron James came out.

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

I REALLY, REALLY wanted you guys to end up with Tim Tebow. It just seemed like Jacksonville would have been a perfect place for him to land.  It would have been interesting if he had stayed home and played for the Jaguars.  I will always believe that he could have won at least one Super Bowl if he had been given the chance. 

He would have sold tickets and that’s about it. He actually lives in the neighborhood I work at. I see him from time to time. He’s a good dude but he likes his privacy.

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

Don't give up the tank. Jake Luton is the safe bet if you're trying to lose.

How did you "lose" the tiebreaker and get the #1 pick? Doesnt a division win count more than a win over the other conference?

All about strength of schedule.

7 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Are you going with Minshew next week?

Marrone said he doesn't know yet.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t mind Fields no doubt if we were number 2.. I didn’t even whine and complain about it.. I just chalked it up as the Jags were just unlucky yet again. But Trevor is the type of talent that can transcend not only a franchise but a city. He could be a player that could be for Jacksonville what Peyton was for Indy.. business owners will be lining up to invest in this city and this franchise if this kid is what most think he is. 

24 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I wouldn’t mind Fields no doubt if we were number 2.. I didn’t even whine and complain about it.. I just chalked it up as the Jags were just unlucky yet again. But Trevor is the type of talent that can transcend not only a franchise but a city. He could be a player that could be for Jacksonville what Peyton was for Indy.. business owners will be lining up to invest in this city and this franchise if this kid is what most think he is. 

I mean, if Fields/Wilson is us getting unlucky I guess I'll happily take being unlucky.

Still think Fields upside rivals a lot of recent top QB prospects the past few years. This draft just happens to have Trevor Lawrence that is arguably one of the best in the past 20 years. 

I don't think I've ever rooted for this team to lose before. I've watched horrible seasons, many of them in fact, in which losing would've only benefited us in the long run, but I really just wanted to see the team win because I liked many of the players and because winning made me feel good on Sundays......

......but that has now changed. We must lose. For my own sanity, I'd prefer if we lost decisively and early. This could be a franchise defining couple of games, and the drop off from the first overall pick to the second is far too large for my liking. I sincerely hope we have scored our last points of the season. I never thought the Jets would actually win. WE MUST LOSE.

God I have a horrible feeling in my stomach that we are going to mess this up.