The Race to the Bottom

pwny

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I’m quite confident the Bears beat us.

I don’t know the exact scenarios but we really need the Titans to lose this week or the Colts to win. 

Colts are 6 out of 7 in the standings with Miami and Baltimore 1 game back.

They'll have something to play for either way.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

It's crazy what Lawrence would do for the organization and city before he stepped on the field.

Primetime games next year? Check. Tons of publicity and season ticket sales through the roof? Check. Lot J and anything Shad wants to do? Check.

The bank would be packed. He has that type of impact on a city. 

please lord, please.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

It's crazy what Lawrence would do for the organization and city before he stepped on the field.

Primetime games next year? Check. Tons of publicity and season ticket sales through the roof? Check. Lot J and anything Shad wants to do? Check.

Yup. It’s possible he has the same type of impact that Manning had on Indy. Just so much hype at the national level that’ll show up everywhere.

You and I discussed it earlier, where I don’t think just a franchise guy changes the narrative around our team’s other players, but a generational guy that ***requires*** talk in the media does that, for sure. James Robinson won’t get snubbed for the Pro Bowl when ESPN is running weekly segments on the rise of Lawrence. 

Edited by pwny
  • Like 1

Yup. I feel like these next two games will decide the fate in Jax. This team feels like it is dying (TV viewership down, fan apathy, ticket sales, Lot J hate, etc). I was at the point where I thought it was 50/50 if the Jags would still be here in 5 years.

I honestly think Lawrence would save that. We would get immediate recognition, prime time games, and a huge surge in tickets. There was like 6k people waiting OUTSIDE the training camp gates after we drafted Blake, now imagine what Trevor would bring.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

Yup. I feel like these next two games will decide the fate in Jax. This team feels like it is dying (TV viewership down, fan apathy, ticket sales, Lot J hate, etc). I was at the point where I thought it was 50/50 if the Jags would still be here in 5 years.

I honestly think Lawrence would save that. We would get immediate recognition, prime time games, and a huge surge in tickets. There was like 6k people waiting OUTSIDE the training camp gates after we drafted Blake, now imagine what Trevor would bring.

He would. Obviously no prospect is a sure thing, but this guy has been hyped as the next Elway/Luck for the past several years. He's constantly been talked about in media circles, the face of college football, etc.

Could Fields/Wilson turn the tide for the organization? If/when they work out, probably. But Lawrence, regardless of play and right when the season ends if we're sitting 1st overall, the city is going to be buzzing and the spotlight is going to be squarely on the city of JAX. This city and franchise has never been in this type of situation. As you state, it desperately needs to get turned around. If they miss with this regime/hire and QB than I really think relocation talk starts being legit. This city/team can't recover from another 5-6 years of bad football.