The Race to the Bottom

pwny

19 hours ago, .Buzz said:

They've been hovering in the .590 range all year with JAX in low/mid .550's all year. I think 5 percent chance is high.

0% chance we over come it. Only 5 games next week help us.

Week 16

Vikings over Saints

Lions over Bucs

Ravens over Giants

Falcons over Chiefs

Steelers over Colts

Week 17

All divisional games so every win results in a loss on the other side so it balances out. Our non-division opponents we played were the Colts/Browns and you guys also played both of them so we need them to lose to drop our SOS but it only lowers yours in the process as well. 

6 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

0% chance we over come it. Only 5 games next week help us.

Week 16

Vikings over Saints

Lions over Bucs

Ravens over Giants

Falcons over Chiefs

Steelers over Colts

Week 17

All divisional games so every win results in a loss on the other side so it balances out. Our non-division opponents we played were the Colts/Browns and you guys also played both of them so we need them to lose to drop our SOS but it only lowers yours in the process as well. 

Yeah, didn't care to do the math as I figured as such watching the draft order/SOS edges all year.

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yeah, Steelers/Colts game actually helps you as well. Just something we cannot consider any longer. Its basically on you guys to win and use to lose. Go Jags.

Like I've said, nothing would shock me at this point. You guys somehow beat the Rams in LA. Chicago has inconsistencies at QB. Y'all play NE/Belichek who just got eliminated next week who's meh as is with that QB situation. A win for one or both of us could very well happen still.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Like I've said, nothing would shock me at this point. You guys somehow beat the Rams in LA. Chicago has inconsistencies at QB. Y'all play NE/Belichek who just got eliminated next week who's meh as is with that QB situation. A win for one or both of us could very well happen still.

Yup, will be interesting. I dont think either of our fan bases will be at ease until 4pm next Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yup, will be interesting. I dont think either of our fan bases will be at ease until 4pm next Sunday. 

Definitely not.

Like I've said all along, we've been A-Ok with our situation/being 2nd overall this entire time. This has been a Fields v. Wilson board. But when TLaw who is clearly a generational QB prospect becomes a possibility that changes the whole optics of this.

Whatever happens, there will be a decent level of disappointment for one of us in about a week and a half.

• Like 1

Sunday can’t come fast enough. This week has been a tough one. As long as there’s hope I’m still going to be clinging onto the possibility of having TLaw. But at the end of the day as the disappointment wears off if the Jets don’t get him I’ll be ecstatic and very happy with Wilson or even Fields

5 minutes ago, bspice said:

Sunday can’t come fast enough. This week has been a tough one. As long as there’s hope I’m still going to be clinging onto the possibility of having TLaw. But at the end of the day as the disappointment wears off if the Jets don’t get him I’ll be ecstatic and very happy with Wilson or even Fields

how u gonna feel if they say nope we will draft sewell or a Helper(pitts, or a wr) instead of them😂

33 minutes ago, bspice said:

Pretty much my thoughts.

TLaw being a generational talent is skewing a lot right now for others. They're v good prospects.

But yeah, obviously TLaw is the top prize here and safest bet. Will be an interesting couple weeks. From Chicago for us to NE for you. Then there's always chances of big upsets so...

48 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

how u gonna feel if they say nope we will draft sewell or a Helper(pitts, or a wr) instead of them😂

I wouldn’t be happy especially if you see Wilson and Fields tear it up for years to come. I wouldn’t mind a WR or TE with the 2nd 1st though 

I was planning on jumping ship from the Vikings at the end of the year, but I figure I might as well go through the stress of this whole process with the rest of Jaguar Nation.  I've been a fan of the Vikings since 1969 - the year of their first Super Bowl.  During that 50 years, they have never had the first overall pick in the draft even once.  The only times we have had it were in 1961 (the year of our inception) and 1968. 

As a Vikings fan for this long, I figured that I had been run through the wringer about every possible way.  I've been through 4 Super Bowl losses and six NFC Championship Game losses on top of that.  I heard that last year they broke the NFL record for most playoff losses by a franchise in the Super Bowl era (I think we are now at 30).  On a positive note, that means the Vikings have averaged a playoff appearance every other season since they entered the league in 1961.  Not too bad - until you take into consideration that after 60 years they STILL haven't won a Super Bowl.  That has gotten really old, and that's why I was ready for a change.

I have to say, this is a new situation for me.  It's like the stress leading up to a Super Bowl, but we're on the other end of it.  It's a strange feeling.  I'm just hoping and praying that the Jags lose the next two games, or that Belichick helps us out and tanks that Week 17 game against the Jets to keep Trevor out of his division.  I wouldn't put it past him.  :D

Merry Christmas everybody!!!!!!!!

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 2