The Race to the Bottom

pwny

31 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

If Glennon plays like he did today the rest of the way I think we beat the Bears. Their QB situation is just atrocious.

ya but ur really underestimating the impact of losing Hamilton.  

2. as far mr Glennon goes im chalking this up to a FLUKE just like us almost beating the packers. 

3. ur massively forgetting the bears have Khalil Mack and he will have a field day. 

Edited by LinderFournette

16 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

ya but ur really underestimating the impact of losing Hamilton.  

2. as far mr Glennon goes im chalking this up to a FLUKE just like us almost beating the packers. 

We almost beat the Browns today who are now 8-3 too.

All of our losses the past 5 weeks have been close/tough outside of PIT, and even that game we played them fairly tough considering. Luton just happened to implode and throw 4 picks which generally doesn't allow for a close game. 

I'm not underestimating losing Hamilton at all. We lost Josh Allen last week who has largely been our only real sense of pass rush all year. We've been missing "key" players every week for the past couple months.

Bears have, by far, the worst QB situation of any of the last 5 games we've played where the team has seemed to turn it around a bit/be competitive.

11 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

We almost beat the Browns today who are now 8-3 too.

All of our losses the past 5 weeks have been close/tough outside of PIT, and even that game we played them fairly tough considering. Luton just happened to implode and throw 4 picks which generally doesn't allow for a close game. 

I'm not underestimating losing Hamilton at all. We lost Josh Allen last week who has largely been our only real sense of pass rush all year. We've been missing "key" players every week for the past couple months.

Bears have, by far, the worst QB situation of any of the last 5 games we've played where the team has seemed to turn it around a bit/be competitive.

if mayfield was better the score wouldnt have been as close.  ur talking 4 points if he hits Higgins over the middle.  i know he missed more then that. lets not forget the browns HC/OC were pretty dumb not realizing they could literally run us out the building but no

28 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

if mayfield was better the score wouldnt have been as close.  ur talking 4 points if he hits Higgins over the middle.  i know he missed more then that. lets not forget the browns HC/OC were pretty dumb not realizing they could literally run us out the building but no

Rosas missed a FG before half, Doug went for 2 instead of 1 (and in turn would have caused a tie game late in the 4th instead of being down 2), etc. I can do this too.

I never said Baker was great. But he happens to be managing the game for the most part while having a two headed monster at RB. Browns are definitely better than the Bears in my eyes.

Point is, the teams playing competitively. The Bears just got their first TD in 3 weeks (one of those weeks being a bye) tonight. They're not good. I definitely view them as a team that we could very well end up beating.

4 hours ago, pwny said:

Scratch what I said before. The most Jaguars thing would be beating the Bears and then squeaking a win out against the Colts who are resting their players to miss out on the #2 pick. 

Thankfully I don't see the Colts resting their players. Team is 7-4 and in the thick of it/will likely be playing for seeding whether it's WC or for division (I'm think WC).

Looking at schedules, we're definitely locked into a top 4 pick unless we somehow go on a hot streak. 

Next week, the Cowboys and Bengals play. We will want CIN due to the fact that's there last game they probably have a legit chance in. Dallas still plays the Eagles and Giants. But regardless whoever wins will put a 2 game buffer for us. If LAC can win just one more game before seasons end they would do the same and confirm a top 3 pick even if we managed a couple wins.

I can't say I see a team with the talent/experience gap and our QB situation winning a game, let alone two, but we're in pretty good position regardless.

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Thankfully I don't see the Colts resting their players. Team is 7-4 and in the thick of it/will likely be playing for seeding whether it's WC or for division (I'm think WC).

Yeah, it seems unlikely. But the tweet above found simulations where it was probable, so I guess if we’re going to get screwed, that’s an easy path that would be in our wheelhouse. 

• Like 1