Week Eight-and-Half Recap: Depleted Packers Bear Decimated 49ers

mikebpackfan

2 hours ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

Is there such a thing as pre-mid-season? Cause that’s what tonight kinda seemed like.

I had the same thought. Mainly because noodle arm nick mullens looks like a middle school kid on the high school varsity team sometimes. The baby face isnt helping either lol  

Thats what happens when the niners dont have: Starting QB, LT, 3 Centers (4th center is our RG, who is also our backup LT, so that means we had our backup RGs play (plural) and then had no one to put at LT when skule was getting skuled), 3 top RBs, 3 best WRs, and George Kittle. I mean, thats friggen 12 guys missing on offense. Not to mention Bosa, Sherman... Not trying to take anything away from the game, because that was a beat down. You guys came out firing and had the lead from the first drive, so from a mental standpoint I think that means something to your team. 

Congrats on the win fellas! Looks like we wont meet again until 2022, which would be in Lambeau. Maybe I'll make the pilgrimage 

Just now, pacman5252 said:

Really hard to have any major takeaways from this one.

We did what good teams do to teams that are struggling - we went on the road on a short week and took care of business.  Nobody felt sorry for us when we had a lot of starters out in past seasons.  Nobody apologized for beating us when Rodgers missed all those games.   In the end all that matters is the W and keeping our lead in the division.

• Like 3

TBH I would rather play back up QBs all the way to the superbowl if at all possible. We did what we should have done. Gave up 3 points till way garbage time and offense had a decent mix of sustaining 3rd downs and big plays. Good outing against an out talented 49ers squad. 

That being said that outside zone run game was working for the 49ers all day. Still irritated by the run. 

Good game. We took care of business against a severely depleted team, in the way you're supposed to look against a severely depleted team. 

Looking forward -- Packers have a mini-bye (much needed) and hopefully GB will be close to 100% when they play the Jags in Week 10.

I truly hope the Packers use this extra time to give Seth Roberts a legitimate shot at joining the 53 and being worked into the offense. Packers chose (again) to forego any action at the trade deadline, so we have to live with that. If Roberts is the best Gutey is willing to do, fine, use him. Shepherd and Taylor are literally just bodies out there. EQ may be a lost cause at this point, at least for 2020. Even with Lazard back, it would be nice, especially with MVS's inconsistency, to have another guy out there, especially one with some experience. Use this extra time to keep getting Roberts familiar with the offense, call him up against the Jags and see how he does. It's a perfect game to experiment with him out there and see if he responds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

We did what good teams do to teams that are struggling - we went on the road on a short week and took care of business.  Nobody felt sorry for us when we had a lot of starters out in past seasons.  Nobody apologized for beating us when Rodgers missed all those games.   In the end all that matters is the W and keeping our lead in the division.

Yeah, like the last time we won the Superb Owl....But we persevered to get the lowest seed, having to win three straight on the road, all for having the opportunity to bring the Lombardi trophy back home...

Got a win.  Some nice throws from Rodgers, and some terrific catches for Adams.  Great takeway, huh?  

Otherwise, we beat the 9ers JV team.  Don't think the Packers looked all that good in doing it.  

Jackson with two more penalties, he's still one behind the league leader, and they'll still have Sunday to pad their lead. But if Jackson keeps playing, he ought to be able to take over the league lead within another two games.  

I wonder how film analysis ranks him for run support?  He's super physical, so maybe he scores well.  Just watching live, and as a total amateur, I thought he was maybe slow to react/diagnose on some run plays, and maybe late to the action as a result, and maybe easy to block too. (A guy late to the action trying to catch up tends to take a straight-line path that's easier for a blocker to anticipate and interrupt...)

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Nice games by AR, AJ, DA, MVS, Z, 91, 26 & the D....oh...and the OL (especially EJ)....oh...and Ervin :)

I thought Adams and Keke looked active on the DL as well. I do wonder though how much of that was the backups playing OL for SF.