Week Eight-and-Half Recap: Depleted Packers Bear Decimated 49ers

mikebpackfan

4 hours ago, Reaper said:

Not sure if its statistically accurate but it seemed like the D blitzed more. If this is true and it becomes a trend we may be on to something.

what I saw on the impact plays was first Preston smith winning a 1 on 1 on their replacement LT, then Z smith winning a one on one vs their replacement LT.

They won on the same exact move where they grabbed the guy's arms and moved them inside as tehy went outside on him.  No idea what the move is called, but the plays looked veeery similar.  LT has some bad hands.

Overall, we may have blitzed a bit more?

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Good for you for being able to enjoy that.  I envy you.  For me, it's like watching a movie I already know the ending to on repeat, same movie once per week, and the ending isn't a very good one and it's not very enjoyable, either. 

That's good for top 200 games all time - the history of the NFL - to a guy named Richie James. 

Not trying to be mean to you man , but then why just not watch the games then.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

We let Richie James get 184 yards and a TD and some of you are acting like we finally had a good game.

28 other teams would have made the Niners suffer and sent a blitz on every play, play tight coverage.  They had ****ing nobody at WR and we were still playing our safeties deep and Richie James still had 184 receiving yards.

Don’t tell me Jaire was hurt, Barnes was hurt, Martin couldn’t play, King was still out.

Their entire ****ing starting offense was out and most of their backups were, too.

When James got that TD we had almost all backups in there too.   Don't fret over garbage time scores.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Good for you for being able to enjoy that.  I envy you.  For me, it's like watching a movie I already know the ending to on repeat, same movie once per week, and the ending isn't a very good one and it's not very enjoyable, either. 

That's good for top 200 games all time - the history of the NFL - to a guy named Richie James. 

If you can't enjoy a Packers win no matter the circumstances that is really a shame.  I thought sports was supposed to be an entertaining diversion and not life or death.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

While the 49ers were  historically beat to hell, it’s not like the packers had their A squad up either. That’s not to beat the chest on the W vs their secondary players, but GB sure had a lot of reserves playing too

In the past nobody apologized for beating us when we were ravaged by injuries and/or no Rodgers in the lineup.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

When James got that TD we had almost all backups in there too.   Don't fret over garbage time scores.

I’m not fretting over garbage time scores, I’m fretting over the fact that Shanahan schematically destroyed Pettine and if it wasn’t for LITERALLY 2nd - 8th string backups at LITERALLY every position except for half the offensive line, the Packers starters would have been run out of the building.

There were multiple times when, if not for pressuring a garbage LT, if not for drops by nobody receivers, if not holding penalties by receivers that wouldn’t make OUR roster, we would not have stopped them.  That was all game long.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I don’t know why I’m the butthead here.  I’m trying to brace all of you for the playoffs.  I’m trying to protect all of your little hearts.

You are preaching to the choir.  We all know our D has issues that won't be fixed in the near future and will be a problem in the playoffs.  We are just enjoying a win at a place we haven't had much success in recent years.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pugger said:

You are preaching to the choir.  We all know our D has issues that won't be fixed in the near future and will be a problem in the playoffs.  We are just enjoying a win at a place we haven't had much success in recent years.

I liken that to only pooping your pants a little bit.

”Hey, my socks are clean!”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I don’t know why I’m the butthead here.  I’m trying to brace all of you for the playoffs.  I’m trying to protect all of your little hearts.

When you think about it, we could have did Pettine a favor and fired him after that win. Let him go out on a high note. 

This game felt like a game for about the first quarter and a half.

Opening drive, we saw that Jones is the guy that can make the engine go.  And we used him too much.

Enter 'Vante.

Well, that works.  Time to try some other stuff.  Didn't work.

Oh, Mullens is this bad?  Okay, we will score.  Now let's try some other stuff again.  Nope.  Didn't work.

Back to All Vante.  Eh?  Might as well try something for MVS.  

And...quick show of hands...who wasn't holding their breath on his first TD catch?  (I was.)

Second half was boring.

Yet with the game all sewn up, here comes Jones?  Again and again?  Huh?

Looked like Shanny was running plays to evaluate his depth, not try to win the game.

No real takeaways here.