Dawgpoun8017

Trade

Trade Odell Beckham Jr.  for 2nd round pick

Free Agency

Carl Lawson-DE

usa_today_10316448.0.jpg

Keanu Neal- SS- 2 year deal

usatsi_9964110_168389950_lowres.jpg

Draft(Number based off most recent mock I have seen)

1.(20)- Devonta Smith-WR-Alabama

092218_MFB_SmithDe_Aggies_RS3204.JPG

2a.) Marvin Wilson- DT- Florida State

ERLGL4NIOJDRHGX67VUZ7QBSAE.jpg

2b.) Nick Bolton- LB- Mizzou

cqpqfm9qrrcwnguhbcwm

3a.) Israel Mukuamu- CB- South Carolina

yxmfqvayq1rqqlmj8knb

3b.) Hamsah Nasirildeen-SS- Florida State

hamsah-nasirildeen-fsu-getty2.jpg

4.a) Trill Williams- NCB-Syracuse

ImpureImaginativeCopperhead-size_restric

4b.) Justyn Ross- WR-Clemson

hi-res-e8c77c79eafb516e94cf0e226fe5a5f6_

5.Xavier Thomas- Edge Clemson

39e254a2-3e4a-4f25-89fb-96c24a792154-092

6.) Palaie Gaoteote- LB-USC

D3afZ0MUUAEAgt1.jpg

7.) Tanner Morgan-QB-Minnesota 

r624653_1296x729_16-9.jpg

Edited by Dawgpoun8017
  • Like 3

With the holes on defense, I will be very upset if they draft a WR in the 1st round especially considering the depth at the position in recent drafts.

Assuming we can get rid of OBJ in the offseason, I wouldnt mind spending a 3rd on a WR, but this upcoming draft needs to fully focus on defense at every level. We have spent the last few years dumping assets/cap room into nothing but offense---its time to do the same for the defense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

With the holes on defense, I will be very upset if they draft a WR in the 1st round especially considering the depth at the position in recent drafts.

Assuming we can get rid of OBJ in the offseason, I wouldnt mind spending a 3rd on a WR, but this upcoming draft needs to fully focus on defense at every level. We have spent the last few years dumping assets/cap room into nothing but offense---its time to do the same for the defense.

Disagree.

If we can pick up a 2R pick for Beckham, that leaves ample ammo, coupled with acquisition of an FA or two, to fill in the D with little/no loss to the O for the next 4-5 years.

25 minutes ago, HH650 said:

Well adding to the defense is the best course of action, but a better receiver can help the defense too. Witness all the dropped balls versus the Raiders which lost points and put the defense back on the field. 

Not only that but I fail to see how having Beckham on this team has benefited the team.

So it's not like there would be a falloff from getting rid of Beckham.

In fact, there would be nothing wrong at all with drafting his heir apparent and bringing him along.

It probably would be a plus.

Pretty sure DP knew what was going to happen and his mock was just front for us to use this as the OT thread.

This SNL should be interesting tonight.

Good mock DP, those players that I don't know seem to be good fits and slotted well.

Edited by Thomas5737

On 11/6/2020 at 7:05 PM, HH650 said:

Well adding to the defense is the best course of action, but a better receiver can help the defense too. Witness all the dropped balls versus the Raiders which lost points and put the defense back on the field. 

Good point, Is there a big fast maybe unpolished WR in this class who might be there in the 2nd or 3rd? I need somebody who is 6'3" and runs a 4.4 in the mold of Claypool, Metcalf or Sutton.

Maybe that's DPJ but it's too early to tell

Edited by AkronsWitness

19 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Jarvis might be the smartest football player on the field

I like Jarvis but he’s overpaid and if the Browns could replace him with a younger, cheaper, and better WR in Devonta Smith and free up 10 mil in cap space to put into the defense it would be a bo brainer for me

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I think in today’s nfl you need 3 stud receiving options. Not 3 “okay” receivers, 3 STUDS.

OBJ is not consistent and is injury prone. Maybe you include him as 1, I don’t.

Jarvis Landry is having a bad year, but I’d consider him.

I think Landry is having a bad year because he is playing with a broken rib.You can tell everytime he gets up hes wincing in pain and hobbles back to the line.