2021 Packers OL

squire12

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Our fanbase advocating for walking away from an all pro LT for salary concerns while wanting to trade a second round pick for an 8 game rental of a super fragile, good but not great WR is gonna drive me to drinking mouthwash under an overpass. 

Last offseason you insisted GB just had to re-sign the somewhat fragile Bulaga for $11m/yr. And wouldn't the rest of your Mock Offseason have left GB unable to pay Bakhtiari $20m/yr on a long-term deal anyway? Didn't you also want to cut Linsley to give $10m+ to AJ Green?

Team building is a tricky thing, no doubt, but nothing you've advocated in that regard justifies your holier-than-thou attitude over the entirely debatable Bakhtiari and Fuller decisions.

6 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Our fanbase advocating for walking away from an all pro LT for salary concerns while wanting to trade a second round pick for an 8 game rental of a super fragile, good but not great WR is gonna drive me to drinking mouthwash under an overpass. 

Given your record this off-season maybe it would be a good idea to respect people's opinions a bit more. You might learn something. 

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Classic whataboutism-

—The argument for Fuller is we have a team that could go on a run this season and we’d get a decent amount back from a comp pick

-Trading Bak is a future move. Father time is undefeated and he’s going to want to be paid money we don’t have.

Completely different situations.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, squire12 said:

@AlexGreen#20

do the finances work with Bakhtiari at $20+?

When you get a chance, I would be interested in your assessment of how Turner and Jenkins played at LT these last couple games. 

Without knowing what the cap is going to be, there's no way of knowing.

It's reached the point though where you just make the finances work. 

54 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Classic whataboutism-

—The argument for Fuller is we have a team that could go on a run this season and we’d get a decent amount back from a comp pick

-Trading Bak is a future move. Father time is undefeated and he’s going to want to be paid money we don’t have.

That's the thing Bakh is an all-pro LT now. Give him a monster contract now and in 2023 you might looking at an injury-prone declining lineman on 25m a year who is hard to cut due to dead money. There's no right answer because we don't know its going to play out. You can argue that if the plan is to move on to Love in 22. Then you might as well sign Bakh for whatever it takes backload as many contracts as you can and accept you will be in cap hell in 22 and then rebuild. 

5 hours ago, Les Punting said:

Last offseason you insisted GB just had to re-sign the somewhat fragile Bulaga for $11m/yr. And wouldn't the rest of your Mock Offseason have left GB unable to pay Bakhtiari $20m/yr on a long-term deal anyway? Didn't you also want to cut Linsley to give $10m+ to AJ Green?

Team building is a tricky thing, no doubt, but nothing you've advocated in that regard justifies your holier-than-thou attitude over the entirely debatable Bakhtiari and Fuller decisions.

I never insisted we had to pay Bulaga. Never once. I advocated that I would like to have done so, but it was never a mandatory thing. The money from Bulaga is made up with Kirksey and Funchess. No issue there.

As far as not being able to pay Bakhtiari because of the lowered cap this year? You know who else didn't account for that? Quite literally everyone, up to and including every single General Manager of an actual NFL team. 

I don't remember anything about AJ Green in any of my offseasons. Could be one, maybe it was just a throw away one? Either way, there's a mile long walk between a Center and a Left Tackle. 

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

Classic whataboutism-

So you want to go all in now. But then rebuild next year when our QB has a 36.5 million dollar cap hit?

Insanity

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

Classic whataboutism-

Exactly... That was just typical paper tiger nonsense from agren20. He has zero posting integrity.

The funniest thing was the "fanbase" wabting to trade a 2nd for Fuller- completely incorrect... I usually don't pay attention to trade stuff, but I was on the Fuller stuff. I don't see a single fan advocate trading a 2nd for him.

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Without knowing what the cap is going to be, there's no way of knowing.

It's reached the point though where you just make the finances work. 

If it came down to it would you rather have Bakh  or Jones, King (or a free agent that gets King's money if you don't trust his injuries) and Linsley.

That could be what it comes down to. 

Nobody wants Bakh to go but resources are limited. And yes agree with you on Fuller - I wouldn't give a high pick for a rental for the simple reason that if you sign Bakh you are going to need as many picks as you can get to deal with the holes that open up. 

6 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

That's the thing Bakh is an all-pro LT now. Give him a monster contract now and in 2023 you might looking at an injury-prone declining lineman on 25m a year who is hard to cut due to dead money. 

This is a money ball thing....Look at what he'd cost, then his VORP and then the game plan (keep Turner, Wagner, add the Jenkins to the mix & add a 1st or 2nd round  OT) and that very well could be the thing to do.

For some perspective, look at the 96 Packers with Bruce Wilkerson at LT... Bruce Wilkerson!

7 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

If it came down to it would you rather have Bakh  or Jones, King (or a free agent that gets King's money if you don't trust his injuries) and Linsley.

That could be what it comes down to. 

Nobody wants Bakh to go but resources are limited. And yes agree with you on Fuller - I wouldn't give a high pick for a rental for the simple reason that if you sign Bakh you are going to need as many picks as you can get to deal with the holes that open up. 

Bakhtiari and King at 30 million is better value than Jones and Linsley at 15 million. 

Bakhtiari at 21 million is probably about equivalent to Jones, Linsley, and King at 23 million.

You can replace RBs. You can replace Centers.

Replacing LTs and Corners is much much much harder. 

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I never insisted we had to pay Bulaga. Never once. I advocated that I would like to have done so, but it was never a mandatory thing. The money from Bulaga is made up with Kirksey and Funchess. No issue there.

LOL!!!... It's amazing how wrong your are ALL the time and how much BS you spin about it.

You were in complete Chicken Little mode about the RT situation. And, tells us again how Turner can't play OT- hilarious.

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So you want to go all in now. But then rebuild next year when our QB has a 36.5 million dollar cap hit?

Insanity

We don’t have to rebuild. We have options in house that are adequate right now they aren’t going to run 22M. Keeping Bak means, probably cutting  Wagner (4.25), P Smith (8m), and not resigning King (10ish). It really is a question of a downgrade at 1 spot or 3 downgrades.

3 minutes ago, Donzo said:

LOL!!!... It's amazing how wrong your are ALL the time and how much BS you spin about it.

You were in complete Chicken Little mode about the RT situation. And, tells us again how Turner can't play OT- hilarious.

I was worried about the RT situation. I'm still uneasy about the RT situation.

Turner was always able to play RT, the question was whether or not he would be passable at it against legitimate speed. So far against some very weak competition, he's held up. That's great. We'll have a much better idea of what this is going to look like when we play the Bears. 

4 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

We don’t have to rebuild. We have options in house that are adequate right now they aren’t going to run 22M. Keeping Bak means, probably cutting  Wagner (4.25), P Smith (8m), and not resigning King (10ish). It really is a question of a downgrade at 1 spot or 3 downgrades.

Bakhtiari's cap hit in year 1 is going to be like 12.5 million dollars. You're not going to pay him 22 million in year one.