Jump to content
squire12

2021 Packers OL

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Basing it off of 3 games vs not very good pass rushing teams isnt a good sample size to risk letting one of the best left tackles in the game go. And eh, you could Argue Williams has been just as good filling in for Jones as Turner has been for Bakh. Offense didn't change much. 

The offense changed a lot without Jones. He's a Porsche, Williams is a Subaru Outback. The latter is dependable and maybe better in some other phases, but Jones is a game-changer. He's special. With Jones, I'm very confident we pull out a W against the Vikings. That's the difference. 

I would never want to lose Bakh. But the question remains, if I could pay Jones 10 or Bakh 20, is that an easy decision? I don't think it is. I'd like to have both, but that probably can't happen. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Bakhtiari's cap hit in year 1 is going to be like 12.5 million dollars. You're not going to pay him 22 million in year one. 

Few things:

-That still likely means cuts given our current cap situation. 

-Playing the manipulate the cap kick can down the road with signing bonus game with a 3rd contract OL is very dangerous. If we do give him a 30M+ signing bonus that we amortize over 3 years, we have no flexibility to move off him if the injuries become a trend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I would never want to lose Bakh. But the question remains, if I could pay Jones 10 or Bakh 20, is that an easy decision? I don't think it is. I'd like to have both, but that probably can't happen. 

 

It is. That's an easy 20 for Bakh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The offense changed a lot without Jones. He's a Porsche, Williams is a Subaru Outback. The latter is dependable and maybe better in some other phases, but Jones is a game-changer. He's special. With Jones, I'm very confident we pull out a W against the Vikings. That's the difference. 

I would never want to lose Bakh. But the question remains, if I could pay Jones 10 or Bakh 20, is that an easy decision? I don't think it is. I'd like to have both, but that probably can't happen. 

 

I mean Williams still had a 100+ from scrimmage yards that game, I dont think it was that much difference from Turner having a great game vs no pass rush from the Vikings. 

Jones is also probably going to be more than 10, but the decision should be easy, you don't pay RBs big money that won't allow you to keep your All pro LT. The OL is whats helping us win a lot of games, we have to keep that intact. Its just too risky to let him walk. 

RBs are expendable as hell too. Jones might be a little more dynamic than Williams, but i would rather sign a cheaper Williams than Jones at this point. Plus we just drafted a 2nd round RB.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I would never want to lose Bakh. But the question remains, if I could pay Jones 10 or Bakh 20, is that an easy decision? I don't think it is. I'd like to have both, but that probably can't happen. 

Bakh and it isn't even close.  Ask yourself this, is it easier to find another Aaron Jones or another David Bakhtiari?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Few things:

-That still likely means cuts given our current cap situation. 

-Playing the manipulate the cap kick can down the road with signing bonus game with a 3rd contract OL is very dangerous. If we do give him a 30M+ signing bonus that we amortize over 3 years, we have no flexibility to move off him if the injuries become a trend.

The Packers are not in any worse cap situation than the other 31 teams.  The NFLPA won't allow the salary cap to drop down to $175M, and the NFL probably doesn't want it either.  They'll borrow money from future years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Bakh and it isn't even close.  Ask yourself this, is it easier to find another Aaron Jones or another David Bakhtiari?

That's not the question though. If both guys were 25, your question would be appropriate. 

For a team apparently so interested in moving on from a 36-year old QB, why is a 30+ year old OT a guarantee for a 3rd contract? That's not even GB's m.o. You also have to look at replacement options. Bulaga is one of the best RTs in football but we haven't missed a beat without him. LT carries more value for sure, but it doesn't make it an obvious decision. 

And regarding your question, I'd say Gute's chances of replacing either one are slim. Both players are special. It's going to suck losing either of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

That's not the question though. If both guys were 25, your question would be appropriate. 

For a team apparently so interested in moving on from a 36-year old QB, why is a 30+ year old OT a guarantee for a 3rd contract? That's not even GB's m.o. You also have to look at replacement options. Bulaga is one of the best RTs in football but we haven't missed a beat without him. LT carries more value for sure, but it doesn't make it an obvious decision. 

And regarding your question, I'd say Gute's chances of replacing either one are slim. Both players are special. It's going to suck losing either of them.

Even with their age, it's still an easily Bakh answer.  I'd rather pay Bakh elite money than pay a RB elite money.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Even with their age, it's still an easily Bakh answer.  I'd rather pay Bakh elite money than pay a RB elite money.

Elite money for Bak is 22m a year. Jones probably gets 8-10 and is our number 2-3 receiver 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Donzo said:

Exactly... That was just typical paper tiger nonsense from agren20. He has zero posting integrity.

The funniest thing was the "fanbase" wabting to trade a 2nd for Fuller- completely incorrect... I usually don't pay attention to trade stuff, but I was on the Fuller stuff. I don't see a single fan advocate trading a 2nd for him.

 

 

But a second was the selling price.  So, if you wanted Fuller, you were advocating trading a second round pick.  There was not a scenario where the Texans were going to take less.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Elite money for Bak is 22m a year. Jones probably gets 8-10 and is our number 2-3 receiver 

I keep saying this. If we had a slew of weapons on the offense i wouldn't pay Jones but as it stands there's Adams. Jones is a gamebreaker and much needed in an offense without big playmakers on wr/te. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

So, if you wanted Fuller, you were advocating trading a second round pick. 

Not at all. Wanting and advocating aren't synonyms... I wanted the Packers to trade a 7th for Fuller. I would have been OK all the way up to 3rd round pick, but passed at a 2nd round pick.

I didn't see anyone here advocate the 2nd round pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Not at all. Wanting and advocating aren't synonyms... I wanted the Packers to trade a 7th for Fuller. I would have been OK all the way up to 3rd round pick, but passed at a 2nd round pick.

I didn't see anyone here advocate the 2nd round pick.

Pretty sure @packfanfb was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Not at all. Wanting and advocating aren't synonyms... I wanted the Packers to trade a 7th for Fuller. I would have been OK all the way up to 3rd round pick, but passed at a 2nd round pick.

I didn't see anyone here advocate the 2nd round pick.

I mean, I want Calvin Ridley for a 3091 6th.  Do I have ground to complain that it didn't get done? The cost was a second round pick.  If you are upset at the Packers for not getting Fuller, you must be willing to give up the second, or re-direct your disappointment toward the Texans.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Pretty sure @packfanfb was.

OK, we'll see what he says... If true, that would be one person. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...