2021 Packers OL

squire12

10 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I mean, I want Calvin Ridley for a 3091 6th.  Do I have ground to complain that it didn't get done? The cost was a second round pick.  If you are upset at the Packers for not getting Fuller, you must be willing to give up the second, or re-direct your disappointment toward the Texans.

Not at all... That's circular logic that misses the point... I wanted Fuller and wouldn't trade a 2nd for him, so no disappointment there... What there might be disappointment in is the report the Packerss offered a 4th and didn't budge from that offer. Couple that with Gute completely ignoring the WR in the offseason and there's your disappointment.

15 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I never insisted we had to pay Bulaga. Never once. I advocated that I would like to have done so, but it was never a mandatory thing. The money from Bulaga is made up with Kirksey and Funchess. No issue there.

As far as not being able to pay Bakhtiari because of the lowered cap this year? You know who else didn't account for that? Quite literally everyone, up to and including every single General Manager of an actual NFL team. 

I don't remember anything about AJ Green in any of my offseasons. Could be one, maybe it was just a throw away one? Either way, there's a mile long walk between a Center and a Left Tackle. 

You repeatedly advocated re-signing Bulaga to a market contract. That move in isolation wasn't the issue, it was your recommended spending spree last offseason, that included re-signing Bulaga, which would have made re-signing DB in '21 impossible. You would have let an all pro LT walk because of salary concerns (of your own making), the exact thing you're ridiculing others for wanting to do this offseason. No idea why you're talking about lowered caps, it has nothing to do with this issue and you know it. It's weak misdirection. Own your s***.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Les Punting said:

You repeatedly advocated re-signing Bulaga to a market contract. That move in isolation wasn't the issue, it was your recommended spending spree last offseason, that included re-signing Bulaga, which would have made re-signing DB in '21 impossible. You would have let an all pro LT walk because of salary concerns (of your own making), the exact thing you're ridiculing others for wanting to do this offseason. No idea why you're talking about lowered caps, it has nothing to do with this issue and you know it. It's weak misdirection. Own your s***.

Bull****

A 12 million dollar cap hit for Bulaga next year would have raised our commitments up to 192 million for 2021. Now subtract off 4.5 million for the Wagner signing that didn't happen and we would be at 187.5.

Our cap space next year was projected to be 213 million before Covid. With 25 million in cash space, we easily fit the first year cap hits of Bakhtiari, King, the draft picks, and the cheap role players. 

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Bull****

A 12 million dollar cap hit for Bulaga next year would have raised our commitments up to 192 million for 2021. Now subtract off 4.5 million for the Wagner signing that didn't happen and we would be at 187.5.

Our cap space next year was projected to be 213 million before Covid. With 25 million in cash space, we easily fit the first year cap hits of Bakhtiari, King, the draft picks, and the cheap role players. 

Wagner cap hit for 2020 = $4.8M

Bulaga cap hit for 2020 = $4.8M 

So there is no difference in cap space carryover into 2021 if Bulaga is resigned

Wagner cap hit for 2021= $6M (dead cap of $1.75M if cut)

Bulaga cap hit for 2021 = $11M (dead cap of $14M if cut)

That would have left GB with $5M less in funds for a potential Bahktiari signing in 2021

30 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Wagner cap hit for 2020 = $4.8M

Bulaga cap hit for 2020 = $4.8M 

So there is no difference in cap space carryover into 2021 if Bulaga is resigned

Wagner cap hit for 2021= $6M (dead cap of $1.75M if cut)

Bulaga cap hit for 2021 = $11M (dead cap of $14M if cut)

That would have left GB with $5M less in funds for a potential Bahktiari signing in 2021

Even better

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

how would having $5M less in cap space available to sign Bahktiari be better?

Based on what the cap would have been, that number would not have been the slightest hindrance to bringing back Bahk. 5m is actually less than what I would've projected the gap to be from Bulaga to Wagner.

34 minutes ago, squire12 said:

how would having $5M less in cap space available to sign Bahktiari be better?

When I did my initial calculations I pulled 12 million out of my *** for Bulaga's cap number next year. When you did the calculations, you pointed out that it would only be 5 million.

As far as the line goes, I"m hard pressed to come up with a good line that doesn't include Bakh.

Logic tells you that if Bakh is gone, it's Turner at LT, Jenkins, whomever at center, Runyan and Wagner.

Throw Jenkins at LT and it's whomever at RG, whomever at center, Runyan and Turner.  Wagner is on the pine, or released.

Lines win football games.  Keep Bakh.  Jenkins, whomever at center, Runyan and Turner.  Wagner is released or traded, if you have to.

That's the best line and only one unknown.

King to me is all but gone, or here on a low one year "prove it" deal.  Kind of like Nick Perry did.  There's just too much injury risk there.

I don't know how Lindsley comes back.

Jones is still the question mark.  

But really, this off-season starts with Bakh and you work on things from there.

7 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Bull****

Good stuff there, Ol' sport... You're always wrong, but always amusing. Just keep doublin' down & runin' your double D (deny/deflect) spin and the good times will keep on keepin' on.

👍

On 11/8/2020 at 12:46 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Bakhtiari and King at 30 million is better value than Jones and Linsley at 15 million. 

Bakhtiari at 21 million is probably about equivalent to Jones, Linsley, and King at 23 million.

You can replace RBs. You can replace Centers.

Replacing LTs and Corners is much much much harder. 

You can replace RBs, You can replace Centers but if we sign Bakh we might need to replace a game changing running back, our starting Center and a starting Corner. I want to sign Bakh but not at any cost.

On 11/8/2020 at 12:30 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

I never insisted we had to pay Bulaga. Never once. I advocated that I would like to have done so, but it was never a mandatory thing. The money from Bulaga is made up with Kirksey and Funchess. No issue there.

As far as not being able to pay Bakhtiari because of the lowered cap this year? You know who else didn't account for that? Quite literally everyone, up to and including every single General Manager of an actual NFL team. 

I don't remember anything about AJ Green in any of my offseasons. Could be one, maybe it was just a throw away one? Either way, there's a mile long walk between a Center and a Left Tackle. 

You post some really good stuff at times and are obviously pretty knowledgeable. Just think you would get a lot more respect if you showed a bit more humility, a bit less arrogance and occasionally stick your hands in the air and admit it when you make a  bad call.

Like it or not , the Rodgers thing will stick in the memory for a long time. As much as anything, it was the way you dismissed anyone's opinion who suggested he could get back to form this season - you had decided he was finished and refused to listen to any counter arguments. Never have I more wanted a player to come back and make a fan look a fool. 

Nothing wrong with getting stuff wrong - GMs do it all the time, just cut the arrogance

I'm in the camp the league will not let the salary cap just destroy teams. There will be a plan. I too am interested in the The two Bears games and even against that Colts defense. Even though they didn't look too hot. As for the Players... my order goes Bahk, Jones, King. I really hope King would do a one year make it or break it deal, but the league always needs corners. I'm sure he's priced himself out of our cap and priorities. I just dont think you let Bahk walk.