2021 Packers OL

squire12

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Top OL in the league.  Don't mess with that

Great stat to show the level of our play for sure. Allot of this goes to TT and Gute as those guys along that line were all drafts with the exception of Turner and a nice pick up obviously.

I think some praise should also be sent MLF's way as his scheme seems to keep defenses on their toes and does allow the Oline a bit more time to set up blocks. Further running the ball more helps  one knock I always had on MM was not running enough especially against good D's. It may hurt to get 2 yards per carry but letting the Oline get some push and hit the Dline helps the trench game. 

30 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Great stat to show the level of our play for sure. Allot of this goes to TT and Gute as those guys along that line were all drafts with the exception of Turner and a nice pick up obviously.

I think some praise should also be sent MLF's way as his scheme seems to keep defenses on their toes and does allow the Oline a bit more time to set up blocks. Further running the ball more helps  one knock I always had on MM was not running enough especially against good D's. It may hurt to get 2 yards per carry but letting the Oline get some push and hit the Dline helps the trench game. 

The Turner and possibly Wagner pick up if he can stay healthy, seem to be working out.  Turner especially is playing solid to well all along the line.  We will have stiffer competition coming up shortly but we should also be closer to full strength.  Our homegrown OL players have been consistently great, let's keep that trend going.

*I'm a little confused because this is a 2021 Oline thread, I guess it's necessary to have a separate thread to discuss what next year's line might look like?  Any way, I'm over on the 2020 Oline thread talking to myself about the here and now.

Edited by Refugee

5 minutes ago, Refugee said:

The Turner and possibly Wagner pick up if he can stay healthy, seem to be working out.  Turner especially is playing solid to well all along the line.  We will have stiffer competition coming up shortly but we should also be closer to full strength.  Our homegrown OL players have been consistently great, let's keep that trend going.

*I'm a little confused because this is a 2021 Oline thread, I guess it's necessary to have a separate thread to discuss what next year's line might look like?  Any way, I'm over on the 2020 Oline thread talking to myself about the here and now.

I'm starting to wonder if last year was an adjustment issue more than anything. This team seems to be much more consistent when we stick to our bread and butter and don't improvise all too much.

51 minutes ago, Refugee said:

well I'm talking about this year's line to make the point that we should keep it intact at all costs

Has there been any news on Wagners injury? I would believe we get Bahk in the fold this week as he practiced last week. So should be back to regular strength. Sure glad Runyan has gotten some reps. Kid seems to have held up and if he can be anything like his old man we got a steal in the 6th.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Top OL in the league.  Don't mess with that

Interesting that the chiefs are bad at run blocking and pitt is bad pass blocking... given the success both teams are having.

Also good for Dalvin Cook as his oline appears to be average in run blocking .

Edited by Green19

7 hours ago, Green19 said:

Interesting that the chiefs are bad at run blocking and pitt is bad pass blocking... given the success both teams are having.

Also go for Dalvin Cook as his oline appears to be average in run blocking .

For what it's worth, FootballOutsiders has the Chiefs as a below average run team and their metrics are particularly harsh on Edwards-Helaire.

PFF grades O-line.  @Outpost31

Tackle:  Bakhtiari.  89.0.  4'th best.  85.7 pass block.  83.6 run block.

Tackle: Wagner.  77.5.  22nd.  78.3 pass block.  71.4 run block.

Tackle.  Turner.  65.8.  50th.  68.6 pass block.  57.7 run block.

Guard.  Jenkins.  69.3. 20th.  76.5 pass block.  64.9 run block.  (Even the eyeball tests shows he's slipped the past few weeks.)

Guard.  Patrick.  64.3. 31st.  64.9 pass block. 63.7 run block.

Center. Linsley.  91.1.  1st.  85.6 pass block.  89.5 run block.  Okay, so he's playing crazy football.  The #2 center is Ragnow, and his overall score is 78.  That is a huge delta between #1 and #2 at a position.  Linsley isn't just great, he's elite.

32 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

PFF grades O-line.  @Outpost31

Tackle:  Bakhtiari.  89.0.  4'th best.  85.7 pass block.  83.6 run block.

Tackle: Wagner.  77.5.  22nd.  78.3 pass block.  71.4 run block.

Tackle.  Turner.  65.8.  50th.  68.6 pass block.  57.7 run block.

Guard.  Jenkins.  69.3. 20th.  76.5 pass block.  64.9 run block.  (Even the eyeball tests shows he's slipped the past few weeks.)

Guard.  Patrick.  64.3. 31st.  64.9 pass block. 63.7 run block.

Center. Linsley.  91.1.  1st.  85.6 pass block.  89.5 run block.  Okay, so he's playing crazy football.  The #2 center is Ragnow, and his overall score is 78.  That is a huge delta between #1 and #2 at a position.  Linsley isn't just great, he's elite.

Pass block grades from PFF suck.

35 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Pass block grades from PFF suck.

Or ESPN is too generous?  Let's take a peek at pure pass block and their rankings.

Linsley.  ESPN has him at #3 for pass block.  Pff has him at #3 for pass block.  

Turner.  ESPN has him at #2 for pass block.  Pff has him at #50.  

Jenkins.  ESPN has him at #7 for pass block.  Pff has him at #13.  

Patrick.  ESPN has him at #10 for pass block. Pff has him at #34.

Bakh.  ESPN has him at #6 for pass block.  Pff has him at #5.

Wagner.  ESPN has him at #21 for pass block.  Pff has him at #20.

Pff is ranking everyone, regards of snaps.  So, there are guys showing up with 100 reps versus guys with 400 reps.  That could be part of the difference.  Sample size.

On 11/8/2020 at 8:22 AM, packfanfb said:

The offense changed a lot without Jones. He's a Porsche, Williams is a Subaru Outback. The latter is dependable and maybe better in some other phases, but Jones is a game-changer. He's special. With Jones, I'm very confident we pull out a W against the Vikings. That's the difference. 

I would never want to lose Bakh. But the question remains, if I could pay Jones 10 or Bakh 20, is that an easy decision? I don't think it is. I'd like to have both, but that probably can't happen. 

I'd say "never change bro", but please do change.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Or ESPN is too generous?  Let's take a peek at pure pass block and their rankings.

Linsley.  ESPN has him at #3 for pass block.  Pff has him at #3 for pass block.  

Turner.  ESPN has him at #2 for pass block.  Pff has him at #50.  

Jenkins.  ESPN has him at #7 for pass block.  Pff has him at #13.  

Patrick.  ESPN has him at #10 for pass block. Pff has him at #34.

Bakh.  ESPN has him at #6 for pass block.  Pff has him at #5.

Wagner.  ESPN has him at #21 for pass block.  Pff has him at #20.

Pff is ranking everyone, regards of snaps.  So, there are guys showing up with 100 reps versus guys with 400 reps.  That could be part of the difference.  Sample size.

I mean our QB has been sacked like 8 times and I can recall a few that were 100% his own fault.  I subscribe to PFF for their draft guides, but I've never been a fan of their rankings, too many times they go against the eye test.