Week 9 GDT: Ravens @ Colts or something idk

AFlaccoSeagulls

I want this to be a statement game where we beat the bricks off this squad. Make their top 3 DVOA defense looks silly with Dobbins, to prove he was the superior RB prospect to Taylor (even if that Colts defense has the speed to matchup well with his style). 

I want Queen coming off his “bye week” as a heat seeking missile that earns another DPOTW award. I want Ngakoue with more time in the defense eating this game. I want a Marcus Peters pick 6.

More than all that though I want to see an unstoppable Lamar to Hollywood connection this game where they make it a point to let Brown eat and then go back for a second and third helping.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, berlin calling said:

never won in Indy and won't win tomorrow. 

Facing a top O line again the front 7 better bring their A game or old man Phil is going to have a field day against this decimated secondary.

This isn’t a Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck led Colts squad though. This is old man interception Rivers we’re talking about. Our secondary as long as it can stay healthy through the game still has Jimmy Smith and Marcus Peters. Smith has been PB level his entire career when healthy (knock on wood), even if he’s lost at least half a step after his Achilles injury. Marcus Peters is a pseudo PB level corner as well with AP level ball hawking skills.

That alone is better than what half the league probably trots out. Tbqh I’m more concerned about that Indy defense than I am Philip Rivers, but maybes that’s just me. They’ve got the speed to keep up sideline to sideline with all our weapons. This might be a game where Gus size and wear down ability might need to be on more display than our speedier options.

Edited by diamondbull424

32 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

well, lets just hope Jimmy actually plays...

True. But they’re also likely without TY Hilton in this game. Then Johnson is banged up and Michael Pittman, assuming he’s activated for this game off IR-Return, will have only one practice under his belt since returning from injury.

EmKsxMRXUAAVq12?format=jpg&name=large

I’m sure Jimmy is just sitting out as a precaution but if not and he’s out for the game, then we’re still facing a bottom half of the league receiving core. The Colts receivers should hopefully allow the young players on the squad to gain valuable game reps before taking on more devastating options later. Hopefully with that such events as Terrell Bonds undressing by the Steelers talented unit can be avoided.

Such a shame. This defense with the full components would’ve been absolutely filthy.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The problem with this game is that Indy's RB's going against our linebackers is a true mismatch in every sense of the word, and that's really the only way Rivers is gonna beat us. I hope they're prepared.

?

What does this mean? Their RB stable isn’t like one of the best in the league or anything. I mean Queen and Fort (and Bowser) did sit out of practices all week so there’s that, but besides that, what do you find crazy special about the Indy backfield?

I mean I loved Jonathan Taylor coming out but our defensive strength this season is in its run defense and he hasn’t exactly been the elite back that I projected. He’s been good for sure, but mismatch good, I certainly wouldn’t say that.

Or do you mean from a passing game perspective, you don’t like how our LBs matchup vs their RBs in space?

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

?

What does this mean? Their RB stable isn’t like one of the best in the league or anything. I mean Queen and Fort (and Bowser) did sit out of practices all week so there’s that, but besides that, what do you find crazy special about the Indy backfield?

I mean I loved Jonathan Taylor coming out but our defensive strength this season is in its run defense and he hasn’t exactly been the elite back that I projected. He’s been good for sure, but mismatch good, I certainly wouldn’t say that.

Or do you mean from a passing game perspective, you don’t like how our LBs matchup vs their RBs in space?

Yes, this. 

• Like 1

Six players were removed from the Reserve/COVID-19 list, and five will be available to play on Sunday - outside linebacker Tyus Bowser, inside linebackers Patrick Queen and Malik Harrison, safety DeShon Elliott and cornerback Terrell Bonds.

Inside linebacker L.J. Fort was removed from the Reserve/COVID-19 list, but he will not play due to a finger injury.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/six-players-activated-from-reserve-covid-19-list

We’ve got most of them back. With the Colts RBs in tow, I’m guessing we’ll see a lot of Chris Board in this game since he’s seen a lot more coverage snaps lately.

vdrqYQPB_x96.jpg

News: the Ravens have elevated Dez Bryant from the practice squad to the active roster. His return to NFL action could be as soon as tomorrow

Can’t exactly copy twitter news off mobile for some reason, but there’s this. We could see Dez in play tomorrow. Perhaps this is a sign that we’ll finally go with more 11 personnel sets on the field.

8 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Did the Steelers completely knock the wind out of your sails. At least you commented in the Indy fan thread Dan. But still.

There's quite a bit else going on this week to capture interest.

Also, while I think the Colts are a good team and make for good matchup, I don't really feel there are too much stakes to any regular season game this year. As much as I want to win and see the offense and defense play well, us NOT losing a player to injury is more important than either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

There's quite a bit else going on this week to capture interest.

Also, while I think the Colts are a good team and make for good matchup, I don't really feel there are too much stakes to any regular season game this year. As much as I want to win and see the offense and defense play well, us NOT losing a player to injury is more important than either.

True. But I just can’t recall it ever being quite this dead the day before a game. It’s kind of funny, just realized this is my 4th election cycle having experienced since being on this forum. Getting old. 😆 

In terms of the Colts I really can’t figure them out. They lose to the Browns in a close game. Barely edge out the Bengals. Beat the Bears. Lose to the Jags.

I can’t help but question how good they are. Like are they legit or have they just benefited from playing some lesser opponents. On the other hand, even if they’re not as good as their schedule indicates they still present a less than ideal matchup for our offense to take advantage of.