Week 9 GDT: Ravens @ Colts or something idk

AFlaccoSeagulls

34 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Can’t exactly copy twitter news off mobile for some reason

iirc the problem is that the link starts with "mobile.twitter" (or it might "m.twitter").  Manually removed the bit before twitter and the auto-embed feature should work

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Where is everyone?

I've still been lurking, just dealing with some moving stuff for my little bro and a couple work projects. I am anticipating a resounding(statement) win this week though 😁. We're nearing that defining stretch of the season where the team usually finds themselves and establishes the tone of the end run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

Sheesh. Talk about unexcited for the Colts game. Where is everyone? @Danand @drd23 @DreamKid @coordinator0 @RavensTillIDie @SalvadorsDeli @RavensfanRD

Did the Steelers completely knock the wind out of your sails. At least you commented in the Indy fan thread Dan. But still.

I think my comments would be very much the same. And I guess I have just not seen a reason to comment so much until we know if the COVID exposed players will actually play. If they will, I am more comfortable. If not, I see the Colts as a big favorite.

Even if they are all back except Humphrey, I think Colts match up against us well, especially their defense versus our offense. Rivers won't need a strong running game to win. Just flex it out and use Nyheim Hines as the Chiefs used CEH, and I think our defense will struggle.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Bring me all of the Dez hype, tbh.

Yeah, I’m here for it too. I mean, I’ve been ruminating on this but if Willie Snead, at his level of perfunctory speed can get open, I have a hard time believing Dez can’t either.

Its also pretty encouraging that Jimmy Smith is still as athletic as he is as well after having shared similar injuries (at only one pick apart in that 2011 draft as well).

All in all, I don’t expect much, but if Dez could provide even a Michael Crabtree level of play from our #2 WR situation than even that would be an upgrade over what we’ve seen from Boykin to this point IMO.

Dez knows what it’s like to have been a true #1 WR in this league. He knows the attention you can receive in that role. He might not be able to separate but he’s going to be physical at the catch point to protect Lamar. Even if he’s a shell of himself like AJ Green over in Cincy, it stands to reason that against the team’s #3 CB he should be in business. With Hollywood and Duvernay potentially occupying the top 2 options.

Though considering all this, we’ll probably try to use Dez as a deep threat WR.

I would be happy if the team just treated Brown like a real quality option instead of trying to get too cute with the passing scheme. Get him the ball. It's simple. I mean I guess if that takes Dez being on the field not getting targets but blocking well then whatever. Do it. Mix in some Duvernay and call it a day. I still had faith in Boykin's potential... but it's fading fast. 

31 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

I foresee many runs in his direction.

I almost spit out my tea. This is so true. They’re just gassing us up for him to be in only to be an extra TE.

12 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I’m aware it’s probably delusional, but I’m all in on Dez. I’m hoping he brings some fire our offence desperately needs and spends some good years here.

I definitely want him to excel. Just can’t say I’m confident in his production in this offense. One things for sure we can be sure that he’ll work as a quality blocker. His injury shouldn’t have robbed him of that effort at least.

52 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I almost spit out my tea. This is so true. They’re just gassing us up for him to be in only to be an extra TE.

I definitely want him to excel. Just can’t say I’m confident in his production in this offense. One things for sure we can be sure that he’ll work as a quality blocker. His injury shouldn’t have robbed him of that effort at least.

Honestly, in our current offence I would be ecstatic with like 3-4 catches for 20-30 yards from Dez tomorrow, and like two first downs. I'm a simple man, I just want somebody to move some chains and play some big man football. I like our offensive players, but I feel like with Yanda gone we really miss that hardnosed attitude. 

Basically, I think Dez's best RPG skills for our team are passive. He brings fire and a dawg mentality for sure, and I am hoping it juices us up a bit. 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, paraven said:

im pretty skeptical on Dez being productive. Hes been begging the league for a shot for years, all while teams like the Jets, Patriots, Ravens, Panthers, etc run out no name guys at WR year after year

Hey man, LJ Fort was at home on the couch around week 4 last year, and now he’s been a starter for us for a year, and lots of teams have holes at inside backer.

I don’t think we can read anything into Dez’s physical ability at this point. It’s a complete unknown.

However, he seems to have that strong alpha dawg mentality that I don’t think you bring into a locker room unless you’re going to feed.

But what do I know, I’m just a guy on the Internet. I’m excited though.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy